“Poor Customer Servie”

Ranked #86 of 503 Restaurants in Ocala
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: A very popular place, New Orleans decor, 3 good sized dining areas plus bar area. food great, can take groups, have been many times.
Reviewed 17 January 2018

We have gone there several times - but can only afford it when we have a coupon.
They never have enough staff. Waited 5 minutes for a hostess to greet us - then she disappeared (better than a month ago when we were told by four different people someone would be with us). When we were finally seated the server that took our drink order told us another server would be with us. She showed up 10 minutes later. I ordered an entree that included a dessert. After I finished my meal I had to remind her of my order. My husband ordered a dessert separate from his entree and she brought them at different times. I got no silverware with mine - he got 2 forks with his. She couldn't serve him fast enough - but my tea glass spent more time empty than it did filled.

Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

If this place properly prepared the food that appears on their menu, this could be a very good place to eat. However, we found the food to be bland and lacking flavor as if it was prepared for geriatrics who have lost their taste buds. We have never had onion soup that was so flavorless. Nor have we ever ordered salad that had the words blue cheese in its description served with no evidence of blue cheese dressing or blue cheese crumbles in it whatsoever. I will say The one saving grace to our entire experience was that the bartender did know how to make a spicy Bloody Mary so it actually tasted like a spicy Bloody Mary.

Reviewed 4 January 2018

We had a late lunch on Saturday, December 30 2017 and with a group of eight. The service was slow. We suspect that they did not have a quiche on had and had to make it for two people who ordered it, but who knows. The server forgot a item on my order and we had to ask for refills on drinks. Overall not very attentive service staff. It is fairly quiet atmosphere for discussions, but the overall feel was one of "worn out diner". Everyone thought the quantity and quality was acceptable and overall not a a bad experience, just ok. But why return to for just an "ok" experience.

Reviewed 24 December 2017 via mobile

Wanted something different on a Christmas eve visit to Ocala so stopped at Mimi's Cafe with no real idea of what to expect. Great variety, generous portions and good service are what we found. Husband enjoyed chicken pot pie immensely. My trio of spinach salad. French onion soup and French dip sandwich was delicious! A slab of cheesecake turned out to be 4 generous and yummy servings. Will definitely be back, there is a lot more on the menu that I want to try!

Reviewed 22 December 2017

i tried the crepes and they were very good. of course, the quiche is consistently good. wish they'd hire more wait staff as we always have to wait, as do others, for a table when there is plenty of tables available. i would think they would want to turn over customers quicker.