“Where dreams come true”

Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

This place is the bomb.com. It is Disney World in your mouth. It's midnight fireworks over the castle and magic moments at every turn. The naan is a magic carpet ready to show you the world of delicious North Indian cuisine. I'm pretty sure the wildebeests that trampled Mufasa were on their way to catch their very well portioned and reasonably priced lunch specials before the afternoon was over (sorry Simba). Remember how they said Sleeping Beauty was awoken by the Prince's kiss? WRONG. He leaned over and whispered, "Wanna go to Amrit Palace?" Ariel? She wanted to go "where the butter chicken is". Fact. After promptly being seated, who did I see gliding over to me but PRINCE NAVEEN. Actually, to my surprise and pleasure, it was not Naveen, but in fact, he who they call Harpreet, fairest of all Amrit Palace staff. The service was comparable to that of Beast's castle, the environment warm and inviting as Tiana's Palace. "Amrit" means "God's Nectar" and if there isn't a location open in Heaven, I'm not going. In other words, Be their guest, Be their guest, AMRIT PALACE IS THE BEST.

2  Thank ElisaThornberry

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

We decided to try something new. Our server wasn't very attentive and we waited a while for our food. I ordered the chicken tikka. The food was cooked fresh but but not how it was ordered. I was brought spicy sauce since it wasn't prepared hot. A little steep on price in my opinion. Give them a try for something new.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

On our way to Gainesville, we decided to have lunch in Ocala. When my husband asked where I wanted to eat, I immediately said Amrit Palace. The food is SO flavorful! We ordered from the lunch selections. I ordered a veggie dish (India hot) and my husband ordered chicken curry (medium hot). Both were great however he said next time he will order his hot (not to be confused with India hot, which is not for the faint of heart). The Dal soup was so tasty and the sweet onion chutney that came on the side took it to another level. We added a bit of salt too. We ordered garlic naan but couldn't taste the garlic so will forego that next go round and save the $$. And I would be remiss if I didn't tout the veggie samosas. We ordered them as an appetizer. OMG!!!!! Totally NOT what we expected but absolutely amazing. The servers were very nice and knowledgeable. The wine list was unremarkable. That would have bummed us out if we were there for dinner but for lunch, not so much. Water sufficed. Pay attention to the tab. All lunch specials were a standard price but their charging system over charged us for the Chicken dish. My husband ask the server about it and he immediately apologized and explained it was a computer glitch, fixed it and all was good. So good, in fact, when we got home, he dug out his Indian recipes from a cooking class he conducted years ago in Memphis and is going to TRY to replicate the incredible flavor profile we enjoyed today. I cannot wait!!

Reviewed 18 April 2018

Besides all of the usual & mediocre chain restaurants, Ocala has really awful restaurants as a whole. Frequently passing through Ocala, we were desperate for something decent. Well, we found our go to restaurant. As a lover of Indian cuisine, this place is quite good. Very clean, great service and a well balanced menu. We really enjoyed everything we ordered and the leftovers were delish the next day.

1  Thank fillymo
Reviewed 16 April 2018

We have been eating at Amrit for years. It is both one of the best restaurants in town and specifically a very good Indian restaurant. The menu compares well with Indian restaurants we have visited in New York, New Jersey, New England and Chicago. The service is always very cheerful and attentive, and the food is some of the tastiest you can find anywhere in town. It is especially good for us, as our daughter and son in law are both vegetarian and Amrit offers a large variety of vegetarian offerings, along with the more carnivorous varieties.
You will find us here as a large family or a couple. Always worth the trip.