“Always Great BBQ”

Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner
Description: Here at Ellie Lou's, we serve fresh, chopped to order BBQ and our sides are made from scratch.
Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

We have been to Ellie Lou's multiple times and have found it to be great every time. Mom had the Brisket sandwich with hand cut fries. My brother and I had the Kansas City Wet platter. This consists of a large mound of chopped brisket, pork and meat off ribs, wet with sauce and includes 2 sides. He had the fries and collard greens, which he gets every visit. I had fried green tomatoes and southern green beans. The tomatoes wete a little limp, but tasted great. The green beans were just what you would expect of southern green beans. They tasted as if they had simmered in s big pot with pieces of bacon/pork belly. Not too smoky, just right. The same way the collards taste like they are cooked. We will be back again, and again.

1  Thank Linda V
EllieLousBBQ, Manager at Ellie Lou's Brews & BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2017

Thank you for your loyal visits and your great review.
We hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 19 February 2017

It's BBQ galore with all the trimmings here. You order at the counter, then they deliver to your table. We enjoyed some excellent pulled pork and baby back ribs. Service was fast and friendly, the prices reasonable.
Strongly recommended. Very good for BBQ.

1  Thank RoswellDad
Reviewed 17 February 2017

I have a couple of friends that live in the Winter Garden area that have been telling me that I need to come try this place called Ellie Lou's, well tonight was the night and now I see why they insisted that I go. First off, I need to say that there were 4 of us and the entire check was only $61 (and we did not skimp on ordering) so I feel it is a great value. I decided that for my first time I would get the sliders so that I could try three different meats (Pork, Brisket and Chicken) I was slightly disappointed that they were out of the Cheese Grits, but I got the Mac N Cheese instead for my side and it was pretty good. The meat was all tender and flavorful, and I picked at some of my friends dishes and I liked the "Settler's Beans" as well. My one friend got the Cheesesteak and was extremely happy with it. Another thing I'd like to point out is that the staff was very friendly and were by the table multiple times to refill our drinks. I'm definitely looking forward to going back there.... a 30 minute drive from where I live but definitely worth it!

1  Thank Loc R
Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

Love Ellie Lou's! The food is great, beer is great and the service is outstanding! Their blue cheese coleslaw is my favorite side and portions are just right. Sauces are good and the atmosphere is fun. They check on you and refill your drinks so you never have to leave the table. I would recommend this place if you are a BBQ fan!

1  Thank mot313
Reviewed 14 February 2017

Excellent staff and very accommodating! We arrived as they were ready to close and they sat us anyway! Thanks!
The BBQ is just so-so. My ample order of pulled chicken was so salty as to be inedible. Being from NC, I know good BBQ and I am sorry to say, Ellie's wasn't close. Maybe it was the late time of the day but I just wasn't overboard on the "eats". The side of mac and cheese tasted pastie.

Maybe we will try it again earlier in the day...just to be fair.

1  Thank Lou D