“Disappointed ”
Review of 1876 Heritage Inn

1876 Heritage Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Orange City B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 March 2017 via mobile

The pictures online show nice exteriors and large beautiful rooms. It's actually old and rather rundown. Our room was tiny. The hallways smelled like an ashtray. A few people were sitting around drinking beer. We couldn't wait to leave.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple

A TripAdvisor Member
Panama City, Florida
Reviewed 28 February 2017 via mobile

Ok so.... the hotel is old. Not a big deal. I really like history and this place definitely has it. If only the walls could talk. The staff are nice and the nightly rate can't be beat. On the other hand.... I'll never stay here again. We stayed in room 17 on the second floor. Walked into the room and said....wooooooow. the smell hit us. The smell of some sort of Pine-Sol and citrus cleaner mix. It was awful. The bed sheets and pillow cases were dirty. One bed had what looked to be light blood stains on the top sheet and pillow case. It was bad enough we all went to walmart to buy new sheets and pillows. What really set it off and made us feel at home are the drunks and my guess,crack heads that hang out on the porch all day.i wouldn't let the girlfriend go to the car alone during the day, surly not at night. Since it was daytona 500 weekend we didn't want to spend 300 a night at a super 8 so we bit the bullet and stayed. Lock on our door was a joke and hot water in the shower was odd. To cold or it would burn the hell out of you. Yes I enjoyed the history but the room we stayed in was nasty. Felt like a halfway or boarding house. Definitely not a room pictured on the website. Was disappointed and won't be back.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 February 2017 via mobile

I found the staff to be super helpful! And it was a really cool experience! The hotel does have a smell so it is not good if you have asthma or breathing issue. Our room didn't smell just the hall. But you have to remember it's 140 years old back when smoking was the majority. My hubby and I love antiques and museums and for two nights it was perfect. There is a lot to look at again it was a very unique experience and I am glad we had it! I would recommend to the right person or couple. If you are looking for old Florida charm and to learn some history this is it. If you want the Ritz...go there. We also met a cute dog :) hope y'all enjoy!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 12 February 2017 via mobile

Echoing what others have said. This is NOT what it appears. It's old. It's nasty. It smells of cigarette smoke everywhere. It needed remodeling decades ago! It is nothing more than a run down rooming house.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 February 2017

This is a first for us. Please stay away from this hotel. I booked this hotel for four nights while my husband was at an antique show. It was disgusting, roaches around the refrigerator, horrible smell, paint chipping, hot water did not work, sheets had stains on them. Imagine this, a toe nail was found in the bed, meaning one thing, the sheets were not even changed! I searched for another room, but everything was booked due to an event in Daytona Beach. My husband was so disgusted, he slept in the back of his work van. Management did not seem to care! In addition, there are some questionable people hanging around the hotel. A horrible experience.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
Days Inn Orange City/Deland
#3 of 5 in Orange City
12.0 km away
Comfort Inn - De Land

Been to 1876 Heritage Inn? Share your experiences!