“Any Port in a Storm”

InTown Suites Jacksonville South
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Orange Park
InTown Suites Jacksonville South
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Orange Park
Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

This hotel would never have been on our list of options as a place to stay,however hurricane Irma forced us into this place. We were under a mandatory evacuation and had to leave our flooding neighborhood. There were no other options available to us. InTown Suites did have electricity, air conditioning, full size refrigerators with freezers, 2 burner stoves, large TV, a roof, hot water, & showers all of which we no longer had access to in our own home. Any port in a storm that offered safe shelter was welcoming. Our studio suite though had seen better days. It was very shabby and well-worn. The mattress was lumpy. I told my husband it had potholes. The daybed upholstery was stained and torn with obvious cigarettes burns as did the spread on the double bed. The bed and bath linen were thin and coarse. The freezer worked great which allowed us to save the food from our home refrigerator. We were able to take a hot shower. We were able to watch the news. We had lights. We had air conditioning. We were thankful that we could find a place to rest our heads that was safe even though this hotel was not up to the standards that we usually expected of such an establishment. It was very inexpensive to stay there...less that $300 plus taxes a week. There was no pool, no breakfast, no daily room/maid service, no toiletries (one thin bar of soap only), no coffee maker/pot and no 24 hour desk personnel. There was one elevator, one key per room and mandatory once a week cleaning/linen service. The staff were friendly and helpful. Any port in a storm. We have moved on to a better port but we are fortunate in that we can afford to do so. The hotel was full with a number of families all seeking shelter from Irma and some who lived there semi-permanently....the homeless. There was obviously an effort to keep the place looking neat and attractive with their limited resources. The company makes no bones about the fact that to keep the cost of staying there affordable they do not do a lot of extras, like daily room service, 24 hour office coverage, pools, etc.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 31 March 2017

I stayed at in town suite from Dec 2015 to Feb 2016 while I worked as a travel nurse. The management and staff were nice. I enjoyed the updated rooms with colorful decor. I had no issues and would stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 July 2016 via mobile

Me and my wife has been in this place for a week now they don't supply even toilet papper after you check in the towels you get when you check in you have to wash your self the cleaning services don't come but once a week and handed my wife the sheets and said you do for 300 a week it is a bad deal

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 May 2016 via mobile

I just want to kick it off and say that it is a breath of fresh air to walk into a business and the manager behind the counter is down to earth and have a chipper personality..with that he also cares everytime I had a question or concern he was there with the answer..the room I had was good, the A/C didn't work as well at first but 3 days in we had a brand new one..the rest of the staff were nice..the only drawback is they were full the whole time we were here, and parking was first come first serve, and if you didn't get back early you had to park away from the room..for the price you can't beat it cause their competitors in the area are horrible!! I would recommend this place to others..

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 February 2016

I had to stay here for a little while last year while I was trying to get back on my feet as a single mom. I cannot say that I had a pleasant experience. I will start with the positives first: cleanliness, flat-screen television, Wi-Fi, no critters, full fridge, and some stove burners. Unfortunately, neither the manager nor the staff members were friendly. They all had the same unfeeling, sarcastic, and uncaring “new world” attitude that a large percentage of folks have these days.

It’s personally offensive when a person has to work and then pay so much money to be mistreated. One might as well live in an unkempt environment for much less if the treatment is going to be the same there or better! I’ll take an old-school television, a little fridge, and a microwave over high-priced brutality any day.

Manager (Mike) was a smug buzzard who thought it was cute to crack jokes about my son and me and refuse to add him to the room as my CHILD instead of “a room guest.”

“Security person” had a bad attitude and way too much time on his hands to “monitor” people who weren’t doing anything wrong.

"Cleaning lady" left nasty sensual television guide in my room when they all knew that only myself and my small child were in the room. That was distasteful and plain ignorant.

Random fix-it guy busted into my room and was in there when I came home. No one notified me that this person was going to come in whenever he felt like it. No privacy at all. Don’t know what he was looking for in there, but I assure you, I didn’t have it.

This chain doesn’t seem to care about customer service, but in all fairness, I never gave another one a chance after the experience I had at this one.

The price is way too high for a struggling person who is on his or her own, but I’m sure they know that. I would not recommend this to anyone. It has taken me a while to start getting all my reviews in, but I thought this place deserved a lengthy one. I didn't forget the experience I had while I was trying to care for my child.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family