“Carne Asada Was Highlight of Our 50th Anniversary”
Review of Frontera Cocina

Frontera Cocina
Reserve with OpenTable
Frontera Cocina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #317 of 4,213 Restaurants in Orlando
Price range: US$15 - US$50
Description: Now Open, Frontera Cocina at Disney Springs™ is the newest Mexican restaurant by six-time winner of the James Beard Foundation Award, Chef Rick Bayless. Frontera Cocina will delight friends, family and food-lovers with exciting flavors and a contemporary Mexican experience. Warm colors, an open kitchen and a lively atmosphere frame an inviting exploration of the many delights from our kitchen. Reservations are suggested. HOURS: Dining Room - Sunday – Saturday: 11 a.m. — 11 p.m., Bar - (Full Menu available until 11pm. Limited Food Menu after 11 pm) Sunday – Wednesday: 11 am — 11 pm Thursday– Saturday: 11 am — 1 am
Reviewed 4 October 2016

From our very friendly, smiling bartender, Niko, to our waiter, Uriel, we felt positively pampered throughout our visit to Frontera Cocina! It was a fabulous 50th anniversary meal that both loved. The food is without equal; I have never eat beef that had that much incredibly delicious flavor or tenderness in my life, and I grew up in beef-ranch country! We met wonderful friendly people, and it seemed that our evening sparkled with a special glow because of the warmth we felt from the staff and the superb meal. I can't wait to come back, even though we have a 75 mile drive to do so! Nuestro más sincero agradecimiento por una exquisita cena, muy bien servido y gentilmente atendidos.

1  Thank SweetSandals

Reviewed 4 October 2016

I have visited this restaurant three times already, I always want to come back. I crave their Habanero Pumpkin Seed Dip. Their chipotle chicken tostadas are delicious. Their shrimp cocktails are amazing. I love their menu, it is authentic Mexican food and I want to try it all. Their drinks are very impressive as well, they have a Watermelon drink to die for, a vast variety of margaritas and cocktails. Today I tried their Cocina Gin and Tonic with cucumber and it was just perfect.

Reviewed 3 October 2016 via mobile

I took a trip with my twin 11 year old daughters who were celebrating their birthday. on Thursday, we had just gotten off the plane for our first meal. Uriel seated us right away and suggested the guacamole with Neuske bacon. Being Wisconsinites, we went for it. Easily the best guac I have ever had. I had the shrimp dish and my daughters had the kids tacos. Amazing food presented promptly and professionally. The girls had vanilla bean ice cream for desert-as good as the top end stuff we get at home. The food was so good that we came back 2 days later on their birthday. This time, I had the carne asada. What an amazing presentation. It was ver succulent and incredibly savory. Best part was Uriel. He made my girls day when he ordered up a special desert for their birthday. Great guy. So full of life. When you have few precious vacation dollars, and you want to do something very special and rememberable, do it with Frontera Grill. Next time we are in Orlando, we will certainly be back!!!

Reviewed 3 October 2016 via mobile

I am torn on my review for this place! It's good but not great! When you walk in you get a bit of a cafeteria feel so the expensive part does not fit to the Decour, noise level or size of the portions. The portion size is very small. We ordered the guacamole for the table and we could have had two more servings as it really is a single serving portion.

My daughter had a vegetarian platter which she question several times that there tasted like it had meat. She was told it did not but still to this day she feels it did. Their refried beans says it has pork in it and there were refried beans in her meal. It certainly isn't the end of the world but she felt that maybe she was eating something she had no desire to do.

In the end we walked out satisfied but we will never go back again. We had two soft taco steak platters, veggie dish, appetizers and drinks. This was for lunch and it was well into the $ hundred plus $ dollar range!

1  Thank Loveagoodmeal
Reviewed 3 October 2016

We decided to eat and we are so glad we did! We didn't have a reservation, but were seated immediately...which is always great! Paola was our server and she was amazing! The Shrimp Enchiladas were amazing...much better than the chicken. I was actually upset that I had ordered the chicken instead of the shrimp once the food arrived. Great atmosphere and great food!

4  Thank gahotelgirl912