If you want to enjoy Disney, try the Yacht Club! We have stayed at other Disney resorts, but the Yacht Club is the creme-de-la-creme. It's nautical and refined. It's always adorned with flowers and flower arrangements. As you walk in, the happy "skipper" greets you. This gentleman is a familiar face that we look forward to seeing year after year. The rooms are decorated with a nautical theme and are always perfect. If you stay on the fifth floor (concierge), you'll really experience Disney's first class attention to detail. We talked with Mike an awful lot and he really made sure we had the most important park information. If we needed a snack or a drink, he retrieved something no matter what time it was. The other staff was helpful too.
The Yacht Club has THE BEST POOLS. You can easily spends days here instead of the park. Use the slide, the lazy river, or the sand filled swimming pools. The lifeguards are awesome and the staff engages children with pool games and prizes from opening to closing. When you're hungry, dine at the nearby Beaches and Cream for a consistently great burger. There are marshmallow roasts at a campfire and movies in the evening.
We love the fact that the Yacht Club is a short walk to the United Kingdom part of EPCOT (about 5 - 10 minutes) and a 10 minute boat trip (with stops) to Hollywood Studios. This is a big plus for dining plans since EPCOT especially, has many great eating spots. That said, the best spot in Disney for a steak is located right in the Yacht Club...the Yachtsman Steak House! The best steak in or out of the park. Did I mention that the Boardwalk is across from the Yacht Club? Try Kouzinna's for Greek food and then enjoy the boardwalk attractions afterwards (rent bikes, arcades, clowns...) You can easily enjoy two days of family fun just at the resort itself. For example, we've rented mini-speed boats and small boats to explore the waterways to EPCOT and Hollywood Studios. We've played outdoor ping-pong and layed on the beach too. It's a break from the frenzy typically encountered while trying "to do" all the attractions at the parks. (My point is that you can relax and still have fun right at your resort.) If you want to go to other resorts like Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, or Downtown Disney there's bus transportation right out front. Unlike some other resorts we stayed at, these buses are hardly ever crowded.
I highly recommend this resort!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Delight in the formal grace of a grand New England-style yacht club at this lakeside hotel. Relax in the inviting elegance of a plush lobby replete with nautical touches, explore the whimsical Stormalong Bay and rent a variety of watercraft from Bayside Marina. Sharing many amenities with its pastel-toned sister, Disney's Beach Club Resort, Disney's Yacht Club Resort is walking distance to Epcot and a convenient boat ride to Disney's Hollywood Studios. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Disney's Yacht Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Yacht Club Hotel Orlando
- Disneys Yacht Hotel
- Disneys Yacht Resort
- Yacht Club Disney
- Disney Yacht And Beach Club
- Yacht Club Orlando
- Disney Yacht Club Resort
- Disneys Yacht Club Resort
- Disney's Yacht Club Resort Orlando, Florida