But that option isn't available!
It is much better than only average but not quite as good as very good.
This is the second time that we have stayed at this resort, the first time was in the Beach Club resort which is attached. Since then they have both had a refurb and it looks really good. Disney is a bit more toned down and it's a bit more "grown up" than before and I like that, but others may be sad at the loss of some of the theming.
We had a so so arrival here. There are five of us so we needed to use the sofabed which turns into a single bed. When we got in late from the parks it wasn't made up. We called the front desk and a lovely lady arrived within 20 minutes to make it up for us. It was late and I was tired but I think there was mention of sheets that should have been left for us in the cupboard and a suggestion that if they had been where they should have been we could have made it up for ourselves. Certainly there were prominent instructions left for us on how to operate the sofa bed. I don't think I am a proud woman and I am not above making my own bed! I have done so many times on campsites in France etc (where the entire week's stay cost me less than one night here) and had the sheets been in the room that is exactly what we would have done. But for the money they charge here you might not expect to have to make your own bed on arrival! Perhaps I misunderstood the situation.
Aside from that, and a 5.30 am fire alarm (we had one at 2 am when we stayed in the Beach Club three years ago - are we just unlucky?!) then this place is OK. It is Disney clean (immaculate) and very comfortable. It is not hugely quiet. The walls are fairly thin so you can hear next door conversations. This probably hasn't been helped by the replacement of carpet by laminate in the rooms. But it's Disney, so most people have passed out into a fun induced coma by about midnight. You won't be sleeping very late, however, unless you are a very heavy sleeper! And the toilets flush very loudly and aggressively. So much so that my ten year old is slightly frightened of them! You can hear them being flushed from several rooms away. The doors are thin too, so unless you are tucked away down the end of a corridor like we were I imagine you will hear a lot of passing trade. Maybe ask to be located away from the lifts and the main thoroughfares and above the ground floor where people tend to meander around "exploring"! However, if you are happy to sleep when everyone else does (between midnight and about 8am) it is as quiet as the grave!
We have been largely left alone. We had no information leaflets left in our room, no room service menu etc. Disney usually bends over backwards to make sure things are going well. Sometimes their efforts to ensure that everybody is having f.u.n can amount to pestering and so perhaps seen in the most positive light possible this benign neglect could be seen as a more sophisticated approach?! The nice man dressed as a sea captain that greets people in the lobby is really the only interaction we have had aside from a recorded phone message about a scheduled fire alarm test at 10.30 in the morning (oh the irony!) My husband also said that the guy in the bar was very nice.
However, bottom line is, if you are reading my review and thinking of coming here, you are doing so because of the fantastic pool area and the fact that you can walk into Epcot (which is great) and will rightly overlook any slight drawbacks I mention for those two things. You know it, I know it and they know it. So they just don't have to try so hard.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Delight in the formal grace of a grand New England-style yacht club at this lakeside hotel. Relax in the inviting elegance of a plush lobby replete with nautical touches, explore the whimsical Stormalong Bay and rent a variety of watercraft from Bayside Marina. Sharing many amenities with its pastel-toned sister, Disney's Beach Club Resort, Disney's Yacht Club Resort is walking distance to Epcot and a convenient boat ride to Disney's Hollywood Studios. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, HotelQuickly and Expedia so you can book your Disney's Yacht Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Yacht Club Hotel Orlando
- Disneys Yacht Hotel
- Disneys Yacht Resort
- Yacht Club Disney
- Disney Yacht And Beach Club
- Yacht Club Orlando
- Disney Yacht Club Resort
- Disneys Yacht Club Resort
- Disney's Yacht Club Resort Orlando, Florida