“Best Deluxe Hotel on Disney Property!”

Disney's Yacht Club Resort
Ranked #58 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 17 September 2017

The recently completed renovations now put this hotel at the top of my list when it comes to Disney - even above the Grand Floridan, my previous favorite. It is just stunning and the service is second to none.
I booked a last minute trip for my birthday - literally, booked it the day before I arrived - and stayed just one night, but it was truly (yes I will say it) a "magical" experience.
I was checked in by Adam, who was as pleasant as could be, and managed to get me a room with two beds as I was traveling with my mom and was assigned a king room. He also pulled some Disney magic in getting us colored Magic Bands (previously if you didn't book ahead you got gray ones) He was playful and friendly and genuinely excited about my overnight trip from Philly for the night just for my birthday. When Mindy overheard it was my birthday she worked on my birthday button (because according to Adam she was the best at it) - she made me a super cute button and was also super pleasant. Since we arrived early the room wasn't ready but the bell staff here is amazing - they took care of our bags and we were off to the parks.
The rooms have been redone and THANK YOU DISNEY because they are modern and fresh, the flooring is not carpeted (genius!) and feels so much cleaner. The bathroom here is HUGE and I love the walk in shower. The beds were comfy. My one complaint (first world problem) is that Mousekeeping missed some random items from a previous guest
(bobby pin, coffee stirrer, hair tie) on the nightstand, and the "bounce back" offer paper had expired, but when I reported these things to the desk Giovanni was very apologetic and let me know he would pass the information on. He was also very service oriented and seems to genuinely care how we enjoyed our stay. There is a fridge, in room safe, and plenty of closet and drawer space.
I have stayed at the GF, Polynesian, Beach Club and Boardwalk and am now so spoiled by the Yacht Club, I will not stay anywhere else. In fact I am coming back in December to celebrate my son's 21st birthday and am glad I got a chance to see in advance how awesome this hotel is. So much classier than the Beach Club (which is nice but not as "deluxe" feeling) and the location just cannot be beat - a quick walk to Epcot. They have new shower facilities by the pool which are super nice and came in handy as we prepared to leave for our evening flight home - we were able to shower and change. This is a very convenient location and usually has a great discount when promotions come around - definitely give them a try - they have now become my new home resort at Disney!

Room Tip: All rooms are renovated, don't pay extra for the view - especially if you will be at the parks a...
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 14 September 2017

I would like to express my disappointment with Disney following our recent visit. We were there Sept.7 - 13, 2017 staying at the Yacht Club. Unfortunately we were there through the two days all parks were closed due to the hurricane. We understand the safety of all guests and cast members was the primary concern of Disney and never did we feel unsafe. We were severely disappointed in the level of services provided to us during the two days and then were insulted by the refund of $10/day/person for the tickets we didn't use during the two days you were closed. This was our family's first visit to Disney World and we were there to celebrate our sons' 12th birthday. During the two days of the storm we had little services at the hotel, we even ran out of toilet paper and towels. We were still expecting a positive experience, especially being at a Deluxe Resort on property. We had very little options for dining and the food available was poor, yet still at a high price. The first day for lunch we had to eat at a bar and were given 3 menu items for lunch choices, all of which were terrible and the portions were very small. My husband got about 5 potato chips with his sandwich. After the meal we found out we were not able to use our meal plan at that bar and were charged over $100 for lunch. There were only 4 total places to eat between both the Yacht and Beach Club, seems that all should have been taking meal plans. Additionally, the "entertainment" for guests during those two days was non-existent other than the free arcade. It seems a property like this should have been better prepared for a hurricane, since they are likely this time of year. Hula-hoops and dance parties are not geared for all guests and the lobby was a chaotic, congested area that didn't allow for us to "hang out", because of the overcrowded common space. We spent the majority of our time in our dirty room, unable to watch television because of having DirectTV which was not getting a signal during the storm.
Overall, this experience at Disney was disappointing and not at all the level of service we expected, especially considering what we paid and had heard about Disney. Disney is not a place we plan to return, this was highly disappointing. We feel completely insulted in regards to a $100 credit for our unused park tickets. We paid almost $1,900 for our 6-day park hopper passes and had 1/3 of our tickets go unused, however Disney felt we were only owed $100 back for a 1/3 of our trip being terrible. That is unbelievable and we will be giving both reviews of our experience and communicating publicly about this experience. We are business owners ourselves and it is evident Disney is out for their bottom line, not customer service or satisfaction. We would never treat our customers like we've been treated.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
9  Thank Jessica S
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed in September in one of the newly renovated rooms. They were clean, well styled and comfortable. The decor is understated Disney so if you are looking for more of a theme this might not be it, but again rooms were very comfortable especially the beds. It is a wonderful location for the food and wine festival as it is within walking distance to Epcot. We were able to also get an excellent deal as it was a slower time of year. I recommend waiting for deals.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank ccellis
Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

So so disappointed by this hotel, we chose it because it was the most expensive and so assumed it would be one of the better ones but honestly it was like Butlins! The dining plans are a total waste of money and like school dinner service meals, the hotel is below average, rooms are tiny with no added extras, there is not hot water to shower or bath in and you have to wait at least 15 minutes to get through to reception on the phone, to then have rude and unhelpful people answer you. Never again will I stay in a Disney hotel, such a disappointment.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank TobyCake
Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

Having stayed in the amazing beach club 2 years ago I was keen to stay there again but couldn't get a room. So decided to stay in the sister Yacht with my wife and 9 and 7 year old. All I can say in that the new refurbished rooms are excellent and I actually thought the Yacht club was better than the beach club and much quieter. The TV in the room was a huge state of the art flat screen and the two big queen beds were super comfy. The great thing is the beach and yacht club share the same pool and facilities. We stayed is three hotels during the trip the Portofino and Four Seasons as well and I have to say the Yacht club wasn't that far off the Four Seasons in many ways.

As for the staff, I have to say they were great, I booked with BA and there was a mess up with my dinning plan not being recognised. Not Disney's fault by the guy behind the counter at the Yacht Club called the duty manager and he was superb . He couldn't get hold of BA but after about 45 mins of trying to sort out, he just said I can't connect your dinning plan from the voucher so I'm going to cancel and rebook you with the dinning plan attached as I'm waisting too much of your time. We'll sort it later. Also since you have missed getting to the park early here a 3 extra fast passes that you can just use without booking!! He turned what could have been a major headache into a plus! Brilliant customer service!

The only areas that were minor quibbles were things like the size of the hotel, as it is a long way from the lobby to the room we were in but that really is a minor point.

The only other issue I had was the fact that to get to Blizzard beach on the bus you now have to go to the animal kingdom first. Slightly annoying. Disney need to extend the excellent monorail. But the bus now only seemed to stop at the Yacht club and beach club in that order and not at the boardwalk on that route, so quicker to get to the parks.

I have ready many comments about the renovations. I have to say apart from one restaurant being closed and relocated we didn't notice or hear anything.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family