The recently completed renovations now put this hotel at the top of my list when it comes to Disney - even above the Grand Floridan, my previous favorite. It is just stunning and the service is second to none.
I booked a last minute trip for my birthday - literally, booked it the day before I arrived - and stayed just one night, but it was truly (yes I will say it) a "magical" experience.
I was checked in by Adam, who was as pleasant as could be, and managed to get me a room with two beds as I was traveling with my mom and was assigned a king room. He also pulled some Disney magic in getting us colored Magic Bands (previously if you didn't book ahead you got gray ones) He was playful and friendly and genuinely excited about my overnight trip from Philly for the night just for my birthday. When Mindy overheard it was my birthday she worked on my birthday button (because according to Adam she was the best at it) - she made me a super cute button and was also super pleasant. Since we arrived early the room wasn't ready but the bell staff here is amazing - they took care of our bags and we were off to the parks.
The rooms have been redone and THANK YOU DISNEY because they are modern and fresh, the flooring is not carpeted (genius!) and feels so much cleaner. The bathroom here is HUGE and I love the walk in shower. The beds were comfy. My one complaint (first world problem) is that Mousekeeping missed some random items from a previous guest
(bobby pin, coffee stirrer, hair tie) on the nightstand, and the "bounce back" offer paper had expired, but when I reported these things to the desk Giovanni was very apologetic and let me know he would pass the information on. He was also very service oriented and seems to genuinely care how we enjoyed our stay. There is a fridge, in room safe, and plenty of closet and drawer space.
I have stayed at the GF, Polynesian, Beach Club and Boardwalk and am now so spoiled by the Yacht Club, I will not stay anywhere else. In fact I am coming back in December to celebrate my son's 21st birthday and am glad I got a chance to see in advance how awesome this hotel is. So much classier than the Beach Club (which is nice but not as "deluxe" feeling) and the location just cannot be beat - a quick walk to Epcot. They have new shower facilities by the pool which are super nice and came in handy as we prepared to leave for our evening flight home - we were able to shower and change. This is a very convenient location and usually has a great discount when promotions come around - definitely give them a try - they have now become my new home resort at Disney!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Delight in the formal grace of a grand New England-style yacht club at this lakeside hotel. Relax in the inviting elegance of a plush lobby replete with nautical touches, explore the whimsical Stormalong Bay and rent a variety of watercraft from Bayside Marina. Sharing many amenities with its pastel-toned sister, Disney's Beach Club Resort, Disney's Yacht Club Resort is walking distance to Epcot and a convenient boat ride to Disney's Hollywood Studios. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, HotelQuickly and Expedia so you can book your Disney's Yacht Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Yacht Club Hotel Orlando
- Disneys Yacht Hotel
- Disneys Yacht Resort
- Yacht Club Disney
- Disney Yacht And Beach Club
- Yacht Club Orlando
- Disney Yacht Club Resort
- Disneys Yacht Club Resort
- Disney's Yacht Club Resort Orlando, Florida