We just returned from an 8 night stay in the new Grand Floridian Villas. WOW. We had a 2 bedroom villa on the top floor and everything about our room was spectacular. I have stayed at other Disney Villa's and their deluxe resorts (including the regular hotel rooms at the Grand Floridian), but I will never be able to stay anyplace but the GF Villas again! The two bedroom had a full kitchen, dining area and living room. The living room had a sleeper sofa (which we did not use) and a "Murphy" bed (we tried it mostly for the novelty of it and it was comfortable). The master bedroom had a king bed, full walk-in closet, desk, and plenty of drawer space. The master bath had a huge walk-in shower and vanity with a sink, plus a separate area with an additional vanity and sink, plus a sunken tub with jacuzzi jets. The mirror in the vanity had a built-in tv! The second bedroom had two queen beds, a large closet, a desk, and a divided bathroom which included a walk-in shower and vanity with a sink, and a second tub with a shower. The washer/dryer in the Villas is always a nice perk. There was plenty of room for my family of 4 and my teenagers loved having their own room, bathroom and balcony entrance. The balcony was accessible from the master bedroom, second bedroom and living room. We chose the "standard" view, which turned out to be beautiful. We faced the main GF building with views of the beach and lake, beach pool, fountain, covered walkway and the monorail.
The main building was a 1-2 minute walk from our room. As always, the staff was friendly and accommodating. We rented a car and there was plenty of parking close to the Villas. The Magic Kingdom is the first monorail stop from the GF which made the trip into the park a breeze! The only issue we encountered was having to wait in line for the monorail back to the hotel at night. Although there is a monorail entrance ramp for the monorail "resorts" and a separate ramp for the Ticket and Transportation Center, Disney does not seem to enforce this (in fact, we heard one cast member tell someone to take the "resort" monorail to the TTC). It's a bit frustrating since room prices for the MK resorts are at a premium, but what can you do? Not worth complaining to anyone because it probably wouldn't change anything. So we chose to take the boat back to the hotel at night which was much quicker (the boat is shared with the Poly, the GF is the first stop)...minor problem easily solved. The only issue with the boat would be if you are traveling with a stroller and can't fold it--we noticed several people were turned away from the boat because they could not fold their double stroller (not sure why though, since I thought all strollers folded).
We spent time at both the Beach Pool and Courtyard Pool, but preferred the Courtyard because it was a bit quieter. The Beach Pool is definitely great if you have small children--there is a slide and the Alice in Wonderland themed play area looked like fun! They also have daily activities at the Beach Pool for kids--looked like games and dancing, etc... We ate at the Beach Pool Grill one afternoon and the food was tasty. They also have a drink refilling station at the Beach Pool (in addition to the one at Gasparilla's; the bar at the Courtyard pool will also fill the drink mugs). At night, we enjoyed sitting in the main lobby and listening to the piano player and jazz band.
Overall, the hotel was a great experience and we will absolutely stay in the Villas again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Victorian elegance meets modern sophistication at this lavish bayside Resort hotel. Relax in the sumptuous lobby as the live orchestra plays ragtime, jazz and popular Disney tunes. Bask on the white-sand beach, indulge in a luxurious massage and watch the fireworks light up the sky over Cinderella Castle. Just one stop to Magic Kingdom park on the complimentary Resort Monorail, this timeless Victorian-style marvel evokes Palm Beach's golden era. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney Grand Floridian Resort
- Grand Floridian Resort
- Grand Floridian Disney
- Disneys Grand Floridian Hotel
- Grand Floridian Orlando
- Disney Grand Floridian Hotel
- Grand Floridian Hotel Orlando
- Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa Orlando, Florida