I have stayed two times at this resort. Once in December, and once in June. The resort is very impressive. We were greeted at the front entrance as we drove up to the resort. On my first trip, I opted for luggage service to take our bags to the room. Seems you tip the person that gets your bags from your car, but that person only takes them over to the luggage service area, where you later go and present a ticket, and a different person then takes your bags to your room, (another person to tip). On my second stay, we took care of our own luggage, although they do still assist you with unloading at the front entrance, then you drive your car to their parking area, where it costs you $15 a day for parking, billed to your room.
You walk in across a captivating bridge that leads to the resort lobby, which is very spacious, but usually crowded around the 4:00 p.m. check-in time. They have some type of tropical flavored drink available in the lobby while you wait to check-in. Our room was clean and comfortable, and because I was staying 6 nights, they upgraded us to a room with a pool view instead of the parking lot view. Beds slept comfortable with large fluffy pillows. The room was really quiet. Bath towels were soft and large. Several miniature bottles of shampoo, conditioner, lotion, etc. LCD TV had plenty of HD channels. They give you a key to a small refrigerated cooler in your room, which is stocked with several drinks, alcoholic and non-alcoholic. If you use anything in that cooler, they will bill your room a $12.00 re-stocking fee. There are also a couple bottles of FIJI water on the counter, for $7.00 a bottle.
There are several restaurants on the resort premises, although we didn't take time to eat at them. There is an extraordinary lagoon style pool area, that has outdoor pool movies at night. They won't let you bring a personal cooler to the pool, another way of persuading you to buy your drinks and snacks from them at inflated prices.
There is wireless internet service available, although it will cost you $24.95 for a 3 day service in your room. There is free internet access in the lobby area, but it gets crowded in late evenings and the service tends to drop off easily there. I paid for the 3 day internet service in my room, then discovered that only the laptop that I used to pay the fee could connect. Other devices that your family may have will not connect without another paid fee.
The really great thing about staying here, is that you can use your room key as your "Express Pass" at the Universal theme parks. It's so nice to skip the regular lines, which can be a very long wait without the "Express Pass". Riding the water taxi from the resort to the theme parks is a pleasant experience compared to driving. The Universal City Walk area (also accessible using the water taxi) has plenty of entertainment, both night and day.
Everyone at the resort was very courteous. I was greeted by a smiling face every time I entered. Although the resort is expensive, I've paid comparable rates at many beach resorts with much less satisfaction. I was well satisfied and impressed on both of my stays at this resort. I think my only gripe would be all the extra fees for so many things that are inclusive at other resorts.
I've been to the Orlando area several times, stayed at Holiday Inn, Disney Resorts, and Universal Resorts. I would certainly choose the Loews Royal Pacific the next time I visit Orlando.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Be swept away to a South Seas escape filled with tropical wonders, exotic food and carefree fun. Located on-site at Universal Orlando Resort, Loews Royal Pacific Resort is in the heart of the excitement of Universal Studios Florida, Universal's Islands of Adventure, and Universal CityWalk. Guests of this hotel enjoy exclusive theme park benefits. Skip the regular lines at most attractions with FREE Universal Express Unlimited ride access - a benefit worth $89 per person, per day**. You can also take advantage of Early Park Admission one hour before the theme park opens, and more! (valid theme park admission required.) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Loews Royal Pacific Resort At Universal Orlando Hotel Orlando
- Loews Royal Pacific Hotel
- Royal Pacific Resort Orlando
- Universal Royal Pacific Hotel
- Royal Pacific Hotel Orlando
- Universals Royal Pacific Resort
- Loews Royal Pacific Resort At Universal Orlando Florida