Hyatt Regency Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$179
  • Pool
Comfort Suites UCF / Research Park(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$85
The Point Hotel & Suites(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$126
  • Restaurant
US$210
US$153
US$98
Avanti International Resort(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$86
  • Pool
Rosen Inn International(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$71
US$62
Priceline
9,708 results
All reviewsexpress passcity walkwater taxirock royaltyrock starclub levelvelvet barrock musicpalm restaurantislands of adventurefast passharry potterboth parkskids suiteroom keypool areauniversal orlando
Reviewed 14 July 2012

Nice average rooms, clean!! Bathrooms a little small. Food at the hotel was pricey but good! Very nice to have transportation to and from the parks, very convenient. Definitely very friendly staff and very helpful. Would definitely stay there again. Kind of pricey for the room but very satisfied.

3  Thank lisa c
Reviewed 13 July 2012

Our family of 5 arrived around noon at the hotel on June 30th. On arrival, however, our room was not ready. This didn't bother me too much since we had arrived before the 4pm check-in time - but I was hoping we would get lucky anyway. Check-in was easy enough. The staff was friendly and courteous. When booking the reservation, I had requested a fridge and microwave for our room. When I inquired about it during check-in, they did not have a record of my request, but she added the request in immediately. I was informed that I would receive a text message to notify us when the room was ready. We took advantage of this time to explore the beautiful grounds and hotel. We went to the Beach Club and had lunch then hung out at the arcade for a bit. The Beach Club food was good - a little pricey, but that was to be expected. The game room was fun for the kids. The games worked by putting credit on a card. They also have a ping pong table and shuffleboard out by the pool which you can use at no cost. You do have to pay to use the pool table though. By the time we had wandered back to the lobby, around 3:30pm, I had received the text. We were excited to get to our room and unpack. We booked a Deluxe Queen Room with an adjoining study. We were given room 3140 – a nice room on the same floor as the lobby. It was a hike away from the lobby though – long hallways and, yes, the hallways are freezing! Upon entering the room, I noticed we did not have the micro or fridge that I requested so I called the front desk – only then did they send the request to the right department. (Just a reminder that it does cost $15 per day per appliance.) The room was nice – beds super comfortable, cool iPod docking station, black out curtains, and plenty of space for our family. Just a little tip about the bathroom - it is a tight space between the door and toilet seat, so I would suggest keeping the lid to the toilet down in case you are carrying personal items or clothes into the bathroom – you don’t want to drop anything into the toilet! The best thing about our room was the poolside view we had! Our luggage was delivered not long after that by a young gentleman named Buck. He was super cool – offered plenty of advice on the parks and tips about the hotel itself. Our air conditioner worked fine – I was worried after reading plenty of complaints in previous reviews.

After a little unpacking, we made our way to the pool. DJ Scooter was poolside entertaining everyone. The pool is awesome – sand, live music, plenty of swimming space! It is a little annoying that the pool only goes to about 4 feet, but it is manageable. There were plenty of chairs, easy access to towels, and ice water. Besides DJ Scooter, they had Mitch Michaels perform – he is great. The music is not all about hard rock – they played a variety – being a music lover, it was all good. We saw the band, Wolf Gang, at the hotel on the day we arrived. They were displaying their culinary skills at the Chef’s table in the Kitchen Restaurant - pretty cool!

The idea was to stay at HRH to benefit from early entrance to Islands of Adventure and express passes to Universal and Islands of Adventure. It was easy to get the tickets and passes through interactive machines in the lobby. The water taxi is easily accessible and a great way to relax for a few minutes as you either head to the parks or return back to the hotel. If you like to walk, the short walk is peaceful and scenic. Having the unlimited express pass was a huge time saver. We did not even have to take advantage of the early entrance time for Islands of Adventure. We rode rides quickly and multiple times. Loved Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey! You must also try the Butter Beer – delicious!

Angie at the concierge desk was extremely helpful during our flight check-in for our return home. She handled everything with a smile. We enjoyed our stay even though we were not at the hotel that much – we would probably stay here again! If you have any questions, please just ask.

6  Thank buckles3
Reviewed 12 July 2012

I was Looking forward to my stay at the Hard Rock, I had booked my three nights, 6 months in advance. In some small ways it lived up to my expectations. It is a unique brand, all the Hard Rock memorabilia is there, the grounds around the hotel were pretty sweet, The music that is constantly playing everywhere you go was always pretty good and something you hadn't heard in awhile. After about an hour though the Romance kinda of wears off. The room was about the equivalent to a "Fairfield" or something in that ballpark, not bad but nothing particular unique. There is no complimentry coffee or anything( yeah theres a keurig but its 6 bucks a shot). Theres wifi available for the room but thats another ten bucks. Wanna work out at the small gym? Ten bucks. Want a coffee, apple jucie, and biscuit from the market place? Sure, twenty bucks. I dont mind spending money but when I've already spent a grand on my stay for three nights I expect a few things. I cant say all the staff was rude but there was a good percentage that were pretty indifferent to guests inqueries or requests(hard to watch a twenty something blow people off because he works at an establishment with a picture of Dee Snider and Chumbawamba in its lobby I guess making them part of the band?). As an Orlando "frequentee" I would reccommend staying at one of the off-site resorts for a week, buying the quick pass, and an Itunes card, all for less then three nights here. Not worth it, you can get alot more bang for your buck elsewhere. Sorry Hard Rock.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Jay U
Management response:Responded 12 July 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay. Our goal is to provide an unforgettable rock star experience to each one of our guests and in your case, I am afraid we missed the mark. We would love to have the opportunity to follow up with you directly regarding the specifics of your stay, so please feel free to contact us at HardRockCustomerService@loewshotels.com. Rock on.

Reviewed 12 July 2012

Excellent vacation. Went to Universal, Hard Rock for my daughter's 21st birthday. The hotel was wonderful and the staff was awesome. We were walking distance to the park and City Walk. Can't wait to go back.

4  Thank pinkflamingo775
HardRockHotelOrlando, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2012

Thank you for your outstanding feedback about the Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando! We hope your daughter had a wonderful birthday and we're glad everyone had a great time! Rock on!

Reviewed 11 July 2012

We stayed for 4 nights fom 28 June 2012. We choose his hotel because of the location and the perks provided from staying at the hotel - ie early entry to Harry Potte ride; Universal Fastpass and the parks within walking distance. We arrived in the evening having travelled from the UK and driving up from Tampa and were greeted by John Oates (formerly of Hall & Oates) playing a mini concert in the hotel lobby- really difficult to hear anything while checking in! The bedroom was large although loads of dead space - it was hard to tell from the website what the configurations of the rooms were like -but the bathroom was one of the smallest that I have seen in a hotel room. I also think it is terrible that the hotel charges for parking. The prices for food and drink are not cheap. There was lots of music playing in the hotel and at the pool - difficult to find a quiet place to make phone calls. I also think that wireless should be freely available in the hotel and not just in lobby areas. I think if I were ever to stay at another hotel for onsite access to the parks then I would try and get a better price and stay at a different hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family