I have visited the HRH twice previously and, for my third trip, there have been some changes. For starters, the rooms have been given a makeover as well as the common areas. More seats in the lobby is an improvement, as is the free wifi throughout the hotel. The rooms look a lot better, I have a garden view room on the 2nd floor and aside from the usual refinements, the in room fridge is now free (previously it had been $15 a day). The queen size beds are also new, as is the cool 'breakfast bar' set up complete with high stools. There are also USB ports in the rooms for charging phones and tablets. One disappointment is the tv, which now shows considerably fewer channels. I think it must be the U.S version of 'freeview'. Gone are cable channels like HBO and even the likes of BBC world news.
Another change is that the gym is now free. I'm not actually for this as now you get people and kids coming in and doing half assed workouts and acting as bench warmers because it's free. At least when people pay you know they're there to do a workout and not there simply to kill time.
I found the staff to be pleasant and helpful, especially the front desk. Check in was a breeze and they were able to answer any queries I had.
This was my honeymoon, and so a big shout out to Natalia for the very kind complimentary bottle of champagne and chocolates that were sent to the room from the front desk.
I can't recommend this hotel highly enough if you want to be close to Universal. The fast pass is worth its weight in gold, also it differs from the fast pass you buy in that it is unlimited. The ones you buy can only be used once or twice per ride. The water taxi and complimentary shuttles from city walk to the hotels and to sea world are also big bonuses.
So, in short, a thoroughly pleasant stay, well done HRH for earning my only 5 star review to date :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Live like a rock star and savor the perks of rock 'n' roll royalty with impeccable accommodations, laid-back luxurious style and show-stopping service. Located on-site at Universal Orlando Resort, Hard Rock Hotel is in the heart of the excitement of Universal Studios Florida, Universal's Islands of Adventure, and Universal CityWalk. Guests of this hotel enjoy exclusive theme park benefits. Skip the regular lines at most attractions with FREE Universal Express Unlimited ride access - a benefit worth $89 per person, per day**. You can also take advantage of Early Park Admission one hour before the theme park opens, and more! (valid theme park admission required.) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hard Rock Hotel Orlando
- Hotel Hard Rock
- Hard Rock Resort
- Hard Rock Orlando
- Hard Rock Cafe Hotel Orlando
- Universal Hard Rock Hotel
- Hard Rock Hotel At Universal Orlando Florida