US$85
Hyatt Regency Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$179
US$85
US$101
  • Restaurant
US$153
The Point Hotel & Suites(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$98
Avanti International Resort(Orlando)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$87
US$76
Floridays Resort(Orlando)
US$161
Rosen Inn International(Orlando)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$63
9,332 results
All reviewsalligator bayoumagnolia bendfrench quarterdisney springsroyal roomthe busfood courtmain buildingmain pooloak manortrundle bedmagnolia terracesouth depotacadian housegeneral storeboat ride to downtown disneyquiet pool
Reviewed 1 April 2018

When we visited this hotel in 2016 we loved the room we had in the arcadia building and the lovely walks.and nothing seemed to be any bother. That was why we decided to re bòok in march 2017 for the same hotel as we have been in a very good few .As the weather in Scotland was so bad we could not fly out and lost 4days of our holiday. But on arriving we wheir given a poolside room in alligator be our which was not the room we asked for a year ago and to add to that our magic bands with our names on them wheir not their. Our holiday company left an envolope for us but we wheir not given it at reception did not receive until 2days later. So we are very dissaponted in all this.but had a great time hoping to save enough to come back in2020.

Room Tip: Magnolia or Acadia is fab.meals good.bus service great shop staff fab
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank curleyann4
Disney-Parks-Resorts, Disney Social Reviews at Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Oh no! I’m so sorry to find out that your holiday was cut short due to bad weather. What a tough way to start what should be a magical time. I’m glad to see you didn’t let it get you down and still enjoyed your stay. I appreciate you taking the time to share your disappointment with us and we truly hope we’ll see you back in 2020 for a much better vacation.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

The theming at this resort is spot on like the majority of Disney owned properties. Walking along the river (not even going to attempt to spell it) is peaceful and a memory I was not expecting whether it was early morning at sunrise or late at night returning from a park. There are activities at the pool area and movies on the lawn (did not go to these) or a fire where you can roast marshmallows.

If Yeeha Bob is playing at the bar during your stay I highly recommend attending a show. The first show was packed each night he performed but was a fun atmosphere, the second show had fewer people, but was still just as entertaining. Bartenders were amazing and the drinks were perfect. Children are allowed in the bar area and can watch the show too.

The room was perfect for what it was. We did have an issue with the shower drain that never was resolved but it wasn't a major issue. Seriously think it just needed some liquid plumber. Sad I had to mention that. Another issue I had that others may feel different about was the food. Where you order food at the food court felt cramped and poorly designed for the number of rooms at the resort. The quality of the food was average to me. I was unable to try quite a few things due to an odd poultry allergy along with shellfish and fish allergy. I did try the create your own pasta and was very disappointed. The pasta was gummy and the sauce lacked flavor. The burger was bland. Waffles and pancakes were leaning toward the cold side. My friend did enjoy the shrimp po boy and the jambalaya I believe. I tried a few other things that weren't bad but nothing to brag about either. I felt the walk to Port Orleans French Quarter was worth it for the food. Build your own rice bowl was fantastic for me (they even warned me when ordering about possible allergins). And a stop for breakfast or late night beignets was a must.

I have complaints about the bus stops and trying to weave your way through one crowded one just to get to the second stop. I feel most Disney resorts could work on better bus stops. Being able to take the boat to Disney Springs was a treat and run frequently enough that it seemed quicker than taking a bus there. I could be wrong because the scenery was more pleasant and the boat was less crowded.

I did not use any of the pools, but they all looked wonderful. From the sounds of the kids playing in there, it must have been amazing. Arcade was spaced out and did not feel cramped, the store was convenient for things you perhaps forgot or souvenir shopping. It also sold wine, alcohol, and assorted beers there. Not a huge selection, but at least you could unwind from a day fighting crowds. The staff was friendly and helpful.

I prefer this resort for the quieter feel. Somehow with all those people it never seemed crazy although I enjoyed my past stays at French Quarter a bit more.

Room Tip: I would say River View, but none of the rooms have a private balcony to enjoy the view so I do not feel this matters as much as if it did.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Z4042VRbrianh
Disney-Parks-Resorts, Disney Social Reviews at Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

From the stately mansions to the quaint backwoods cottages, Riverside gives you a chance to delight in the picturesque setting that boasts the romance of rural Louisiana. This clearly was a fantastic vacation down by the bayou. Just like you wrote, this Resort has a lot to offer – from the beautiful views walking along the Sassagoula River to the tantalizing sounds of YeHaa Bob Jackson tickling the ivories – and so much more!

I’m sorry to see you had some issues with a few areas of your stay. A couple things that are very important to a good Resort is a nice place to grab a bite to eat and efficient bus transportation. So it’s definitely disappointing to read you felt you had to head on over to the French Quarter for a meal that was more suited to your tastes. I appreciate you taking a moment to tell us your thoughts as we are always looking for ways to enhance our offerings and services.

I’m glad you didn’t let any of this keep you from enjoying the beauty of Riverside. So whether you choose to stay at the French Quarter or at Riverside, y’all come back now, ya’ hear?!

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

This is our favorite place to stay when visiting Disney world. It’s got a lot of charm outside the rooms. The landscaping and grounds are beautiful. The main pool has a nice water slide. Rooms are always clean. They could improve on room lighting and bedding though. Extra pillows and blankets in the room would be nice to have without having to call the desk.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank floridagrl
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed at POR from 03/24 - 03/31. I made a two requests prior to our arrival, location and hypo-allergenic (chemical free) bedding. Our location was wonderful! We reserved a pool view room and were placed in the “mansions” building 85. My daughter and I developed rashes from our bedding during our previous stay at POR. Hers became pretty inflamed and covered her from face to toe, so I made the request for chemical free bedding when I made the reservation (at least six months before arrival) and again a few weeks prior to arrival. The bedding was overlooked and she developed another rash. We noticed a few spots on her face about three days into our stay. She had pillows in our car, so we brought them in. Her rash became much worse in the interim and I called the front desk to again request a bedding change. The gentleman I spoke to was very sympathetic and had the bedding changed and stated he would discuss the situation with his supervisor and work on compensating us for some of the room charges. I really appreciated his response because she was very uncomfortable and I had begun to break out as well. At checkout, I noticed that we hadn’t received any type of credit and no charges had been addressed. I asked to speak to a manager and when she arrived, she stated she had spoken to her house keeping staff and they denied ever stating we would be compensated in any way. (Basically stating I was lying?) I told her that was not the case and in the end, we were refunded for one night. She also stated that they had acted as soon as they were informed of the situation, and they did, but had they just followed through in the beginning, nothing would have had to been fixed and my daughter would have had a much more magical stay. Having said all of that, we love POR. Our room was not as clean as our previous stay, but it was spring break and insanely busy. We had one other issue that was taken care of immediately. POR is a great resort and I would recommend it.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank nikster l

A very important part of staying in our Resorts is a clean, comfortable, and safe place to return to after a long day in the Parks. To me, Riverside is one of the nicest places to do this as you can’t beat the ambiance of a more romantic era, so I’m delighted that this Resort has made its way up the list of your favorites. When our Guests notify us of allergies or health concerns and request a special cleaning or bedding, it is something we want to ensure we are always assisting with. I’m sorry to see there were still some hiccups along the way during you stay regarding this special service. Our Front Desk team is there to help when you need anything and it seems there were some areas we need to work on. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention and I will be sure to share your review with their Leadership.

Overall I’m glad to see you didn’t let this bring you down and you still ended up making some wonderful memories. We can’t wait to see all the fun you’ll have on your next visit.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Wow. So lucky my son wasn’t bit up but I was. I’m home now and still itching and oozing and gross. After our first night at Riverside-Alligator Bayou room 3618 I woke up with an itchy hand. Didn’t think anything of it until a man with a mask came to the door. Maintenance? With a white mask? Strange. By the afternoon I was at the front desk showing off the bug bites. Now I get it!

“Your room has tested positive for pests”

Bedbugs?

“Yes”

Obviously there was already a problem. Why put us in that room?!?

My spouse dealt with management and they were pretty responsive. Upgraded us into and gave us clothes, cleaned our stuff etc. but for me, the experience was ruined. Every few hours my head, neck and hand would burst open and leak. I guess I’m allergic to those nasty things.

On the last night I was fed up and spoke with a manager directly. I explained my experience and my concerns about taking bugs home. “Oh they are really easy to get rid of....” Is that why Disney reviews have so many reports of bed bugs? Seems like they can’t get rid of them. Honestly, the manager was a kid with a blank stare and could literally care less. She was just waiting for me to run out of steam. I thought for sure we would have our rooms comped or given something for next year or whatever. Nah. I’m sure the company line is about the masses. We are a drop in the ocean.

I emailed the home office and we shall see what Disney does but, I am not holding my breath. We are a middle class family and for us, this trip was expensive. I confess that I had high expectations but, I never thought I’d get bedbugs.

Finally, I can’t wait for someone to reply and say how great their experience was and they’ve never had an issue. Or better yet that we must have brought the bugs with us. Please stop. I don’t care if you had a great experience! Good for you. Me? Not so much.

As a first time family visit, I can’t say I’m itching to go back.....woof!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
9  Thank demarsna

A trip to Disney should be filled with joy, laughter, and lots of smiles… not worry or concern, causing additional stress. I’m truly sorry to read about your poor experience staying at Port Orleans – Riverside. We never want things to go wrong, but when they do our Front Desk is supposed to be there to assist in any way possible, and it’s disappointing to read we weren’t able to help ease any added stressors. I appreciate you taking the time to share your frustrations with us. When you have a moment, please check your TripAdvisor inbox for a private message from us.