Hyatt Regency Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
  • Restaurant
US$191
US$153
US$98
Avanti International Resort(Orlando)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$92
US$76
Floridays Resort(Orlando)
US$175
US$152
Official Hotel
The Point Hotel & Suites(Orlando)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$135
US$93
Rosen Inn International(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$59
2,742 results
All reviewshospitality housebedroom villamain poolturtle ponddowntown disneythe busolivia's restaurantdvc membersgurgling suitcasepeninsular roadmillers roadhospitality centerhospitality areasaratoga springsdisney vacation clubfull kitchengrand villa
Reviewed 15 December 2011

Just got back from 4 days at Disney. We stayed here in 2005 and now in 2011. Not as good, as it needs some TLC. However, the staff and the food we had were very good. We were in a studio and you could here the people in the next room. Not much fun when your trying to get to sleep. We stayed in room 1326, to close the bus route, as you hear them all night until 1:00AM. The beds were comfortable and shower worked fine. I hate to write this as I love
Walt Disney.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gregory W
Reviewed 15 December 2011

The rooms were definitely in need to a refresh because they all were looking quite dated. Unfortunatley I feel the newer designs are nice and are pretty, they lack the whimsy and tropical feeling the old rooms had. Room feel bland and dark and cold with the new color palettes and I feel like I'm staying in Grandma's house rather than a family key west vacation. Do not get me wrong, the new designs are nice, but I feel that they need to include more variety of styled rooms or alter them some how. Light blue and yellow seem much more French than Key West and are very safe colors to use. I think most of the rooms at Disney are themed so well it is nice to escape from what is the norm and be in an environment that is different than a typical hotel room or even my neighbors home. I have no other complaints about this resort and It holds a place in my heart. But now I find myself feeling it has lost its original theme and doesn't have the life it once had.

1  Thank j2thego
Reviewed 14 December 2011

We first discovered OKW in 2007 when we rented points for a budget Disney trip while I was in graduate school. We feel in love with the sense of community, spacious villas, lovely grounds, and convenient transportation. For our last stay, we were in a grand villa, and I have to say that I feel utterly spoiled. We checked in early so that we could gain access to the dinning plan we perched. After lunch, we returned to the resort to wait for our room. Our kids immediately found the corner where they show classic Disney cartoons in the lobby. They have pint-sized wicker chairs arranged around a big screen TV. The kids were entertained while my husband and I sat on a nearby comfy couch, visiting with other guests and doing some last-minute work tasks.
My husband got a text that our room was ready. The housekeeping staff had left countless elaborate towel animals--from kissing bunnies to a hula girl and graceful swans. My six-year-old daughter was over the moon.

The one bedrooms, two bedrooms, and grand villas are truly large. The furnishings are new as of this last year, so the rooms feel fresh and clean. At the same time, the furniture is mismatched and it feels comfortably beach like and homey, as if a family has decorated the place over time. The balconies are large and generally quite private. Coffee in our PJs on the balcony is always one of our favorite parts of our stay. The beds are new and very comfortable. The resort now has Wi-Fi that is fast and was reliable throughout our stay. The kitchens are very well stocked, and I have cooked full-blown meals for a large group without encountering issues with the supplies.

For some reason, this place feels like you are visiting a town with a real sense of community rather than a resort. We always get to know people at the bus stops or down by the hospitality house. I walked over to the hospitality house each morning to get pastry and juice for breakfast. The staff was always talking and laughing when I came in, and they would invite me into the banter. Such a simple thing, but it really makes me feel a connection to this place that I have yet to replicate at any other Disney property.

2  Thank DocAnne1
Reviewed 11 December 2011

My five-star rating is qualified by the fact that I'm a Disney Vacation Club (DVC) member and OKW is my home resort. As such, I don't pay per-night fees for OKW, but am entitled to between seven and 10 room nights per year, depending on date and days.

I've stayed in most of the DVC villas on the Disney World property and OKW continues to be the one I come back to. The suites are by far the largest of any at Disney. The kitchens are large and well-stocked, and the sleeping rooms are huge, with whirlpool baths and showers large enough for two people. There is plenty of cabinet and storage space and beginning this year free Wi-Fi (previously, Internet access was hard-wired and carried a fee).

The property is also generous. The villas are spread out and curl around a golf course, which I've never played but which looks spectacular. There are fountains everywhere and lush tropical foliage that matches the Old Key West theme.

There are three pools. Two are nondescript by Disney standards. The central pool is large and raucous, with nearby playground, tennis courts, shuffleboard and basketball. The main pool used to be the most sedate of the Disney resort swimming areas, but the addition of an impressive water slide a few years ago has made it more attractive. It's still not very interesting from a thematic perspective though. Yacht & Beach Club has the best pool of any of the Disney resorts by far.

There is only one restaurant and a small general store. The recreation area features a nice community center with games and activities for kids. A boat runs continuously between OKW and Downtown Disney, which is probably why the restaurant selection is limited.

I find OKW to be the most relaxed of the Disney resorts. It's spacious, low-key, clean and well-appointed. The staff is unceasingly cheerful and courteous. I'm not sure I'd call it a good value at $445/night for a one-bedroom villa. As a DVC resort, it's a pretty good deal.

Room Tip: Quietest rooms are at the back of the property. Blocks 63 and 14 are next to the entrance and should be avoided. The pool is the 30-44 block is large and quiet. There's no water slide, but the spa is outstanding.
4  Thank pgillin0734
Reviewed 10 December 2011

Without a shadow of a doubt if you want to stay on property at Walt Disney World then you should definitely consider Disney's Old Key West Resort. The resort itself is a series of smallish blocks with studios and huge one and two bedroom apartments. Still in the heart of Disney the relaxed informal atmosphere allows you a welcome break from the hustle and bustle of the parks whilst still placing you very much in the heart of the magic. Not having a car is not an issue, the buses run like clockwork and we never waited more than 10 minutes during our stay, and despite on site shopping for groceries being very limited a $20 cab ride takes you to Walmart to stock up on all the essentials.The apartments are well appointed, very clean and fully equipped with everything you will need during your stay. There are a choice of swimming pools from the main pool with a great slide and lifeguards to the quieter pools with large Jacuzzi if you want a more peaceful pool experience. Breakfast at Olivia's the only waiter service on-site restaurant was great, and the atmosphere and service impeccable. We were at the parks most days so only had lunch at Olivia's once and it was also very pleasant. The counter service food outlets like many of Disney's fast food outlets was adequate at best and could do with a little upgrade but was OK for a quick snack. We were on the Disney deluxe meal plan but next time we will save time and money and have breakfast in our apartment and opt for a standard dining plan as we ended up cancelling many of our evening reservations as we were just not hungry enough to justify another sit down three course meal. All in all if you are staying more than a few days at Walt Disney World and you want the benefits of staying at a Disney resort combined with a resort that offers an escape and relaxation after spending all day at one of the parks then the beautifully themed, well maintained, impeccably clean Old key West resort is a great choice. If you are not sure whether to rent a car or not, this depends very much on you. If you require complete freedom to come and go as you please when you want and you want to go shopping off Disney property then the answer is probably a yes, if you are happy to use Disney's own transportation system including their complimentary Magical Express from the airport you will have the satisfaction of saving the car rental cost and will still be able to get to the the parks and downtown Disney very easily.

Room Tip: If you don't have a car ask for a room near to one of the bus stops
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family