Holiday Inn Express Orlando Airport(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$85
HIExpress.com
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$99/night.

US$93
US$84
HIExpress.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$94/night.

US$110
US$71
HolidayInn.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$82/night.

US$89
US$84
Doubletree.com
  • Restaurant
Comfort Suites UCF / Research Park(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$68
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$77/night.

US$129
US$124
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$140/night.

Floridays Resort(Orlando)
US$178
US$143
Hotels.com
US$118
US$86
Avanti International Resort(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$91
US$63
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$79/night.

Rosen Inn International(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$91
US$53
Agoda.com
7,523 results
All reviewssavannah viewjambo houseanimal kingdomkidani villagesavannah roomnight vision gogglesafrican themewatching the animalssavanna view roomboma restaurantthe buszebra trailafrican animalslove animalsbunk bedsbooked a standard roomthe quick service restaurant
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

My brother, sister in law and I visited this beautiful place. We had a great view of the savanna and were able to see a lot of different animals. The room was very comfortable and the decor was very authentic. The people were extremely helpful and very friendly. They helped us get tickets to the animal kingdom theme park, fast passes and gave us some good advice about places to eat in the park and sights to see. We had a wonderful time and I hope to return with my grandchildren some time in the near future. We took the shuttle bus to the park which is definitely the way to go. We met an artist from Kenya and got to watch him do some wood carving. Even got to buy some of his carvings.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Connie K
Disney-Parks-Resorts, Disney Social Reviews at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

What a fun family and friends celebration, and what a perfect place to have it. While the animals are such a great part of staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge, I love the fully immersive feeling you get when spending time with the cultural representatives. Whether it’s learning about the music native to their area or watching someone doing wood carvings, it truly is an educational treat.

I’m glad you got a chance to head over to Animal Kingdom as well. Did you know that when you stay in one of our Resorts and purchase your tickets ahead of time, you can book Fastpass+ selections 60 days in advance? Next time make sure you check it out; it’s definitely a great way to pre-plan your entire visit and make sure you see and do everything you could want to. If you want to find out more, simply visit our website for more info.

Thanks for sharing a review of your wild time at the Theme Park and this Resort. We can’t wait to see what fun you’ll cook up next when you get to bring the grandkiddos!

Reviewed 1 April 2018

I chose 4 stars because there is no 3 and 1/2. We had a very enjoyable stay. This was our second stay at AKL; we visit the parks quite often. Aside from AKL, our other preferred resorts are the Grand Floridian, the Contemporary, and the Polynesian.

The lobby of the AKL is amazing. The smell of the firs burning always makes it feel so welcoming. The online checkin process and using your magic band to enter the room makes your arrival effortless. Obviously, the biggest draw for AKL is the animals. The next biggest draw for us is Jiko.

During this trip, we booked a standard view room, just as we did last time, and both times we ended up with a view of the animals. Now, I'm not saying it was a prime animal view, but either way, we weren't looking at a roof-top or a parking lot- score! We specifically submitted a request for a king bed, non-accessible with a bathtub. I don't know if it was because of the request, but we got exactly what we wanted. In general, the room was very comfortable. The bed in this room was much, much more comfortable than our previous stay, and the mattress was nice, soft and cozy. The bed did make noise, however- seek, creek, crack. The water pressure in the bathroom was amazing-some people might not like that, but after a long day at the parks, there is nothing quite like getting back to the room for a slight pressure washing.

In terms of amenities offered, the gift shop is well stocked with various items you might need during your stay. The are a couple of bars in the resort, and there are 3 restaurant options. Jiko is obviously the best and one of our favorites in the resort hands down. We have only been to Boma for breakfast, which has a buffet-type setup. The food was good, but there were unattended kids making a MESS! They seriously need attendants tending to the buffet constantly. It was not hygienic at all. The third dining option is the Mara. The food options are tasty, but be warned, if you go at any time during typical breakfast and lunch hours, be prepared to wait in a very long line to place an order. I do like that the Mara has later hours, however, for that late night snack.

Before I start on the one con of the trip, I want to say we had a very good stay. I would certainly consider AKL as a hotel choice in the future.

Ok...so now for the one con, which if it were addressed, would make this a PRIME choice for travelers like us: the pool. We unfortunately were never able to enjoy it because we couldn't ever find a seat. Weekday, weekend, morning, midday, afternoon...you name it, butts in every single poolside seat. There are some seats on the walkways going around the pool area, but they are very awkward to lay in because of the foot traffic along the paths. There is also a safety gate around the pool that makes the whole area feel super claustrophobic. If the resort would set up 4-5 cabanas that could be reserved for an extra fee, even that would be a major improvement. Going to the pool and finding a chair on vacation shouldn't be that difficult! Also, I realize this is Disney World, but there is NO (not even one) justifiable reason for a small child to be in a hot tub- or 10 of them for that matter. Although we desperately wanted to enjoy the pool and hot tub, we just never could :-(

Thank you Disney AKL and staff for a great trip overall! We will definitely consider another stay, especially if you give some much needed attention to the pool :-)

Room Tip: Always call and request the room type you want. Even if you book a standard room, you never know what you might end up with!
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
7  Thank William P
Disney-Parks-Resorts, Disney Social Reviews at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Dumela, and welcome home! Of course the animals is a huge perk of staying, but just like you mentioned there are so many other great additions that I would definitely consider this Resort a must see. I’m thrilled the Front Desk was able to grant all of your room requests, so much so that you ended up with a slight view of the animals too. Isn’t it just magical waking up and being able to open your curtains to see the savannas and all the animals grazing?!

It’s totally great that the two of you have been able to check out all of the dining options in the Lodge. The Mara is fantastic to grab a quick bite to eat before heading out to the Parks, but on leisurely days, I like to go to Boma for breakfast. The buffet is delicious, but I can totally see it getting a little too busy, and I’m sorry if that caused some frustration. I haven’t actually tried Jiko yet, but counting your review, there are…A LOT…of reviews that talk about how great it is. I’ll have to try it out sometime soon!

One thing Florida is great for is some relaxation in the sun, or shade, whichever you prefer. Because of all the great activities that are done poolside, I really enjoy grabbing a lounger, laying back, and listening to all the fun being had around me. It’s disappointing to learn you guys didn’t get a chance to check out the pool or even the hot tub due to it always being very busy. Your feedback definitely made its way to the right place and I appreciate you taking the time to tell us all about the great and a little less great things from your stay. It sure seems you are a Disney aficionado, so I can’t wait to see where you’ll stay next.

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Good: weather, great food and many options, bus service to all parks, friendly staff, lovely room with a view of the animals....

Bad: expensive restaurant

Stayed during Hurricane Irma and although we had to stay in the hotel for 2 days, the hotel lowered the price of the food and accommodated everyone well

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank IsaacLW007
Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Well where do I start. We visited as a family of 5, 2 adults & 3 children.
We had a valve room with part savanna view and it was amazing. Animals by day and by night. Zebras sleeping outside when we woke in the early hours.
The rooms are large being deluxe, with two comfy beds.
There are great look out locations, around the hotel if you don’t have a room with the greatest of views. The night time look outs are great with the night vision.
The main pool is well worth a visit and we spent one whole day there, the kids love it.
As for food, Mara was good with some nice quick service meals and not that bad of a cost. But Boma well Boma is where it is at. Amazing does not do it justice. The food, the service oh and did I mention the food.
Bus service was great, never waited too long. It is expensive but well worth it.
All in all, just wow, wow, wow.
Take me back tomorrow.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
6  Thank laurarose46
Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

My family and I (a party of 10) booked a week long stay as part of our wedding celebration.

While the views and ambiance of AK Lodge are great, I was let down by the lack of acknowledgement of our special occasion. We visited several other properties during our trip and felt let down that our own hotel was the least friendly/warm/engaging. None of the staff we encountered seemed to be excited to be at work, with the exception of the man that works at the entrance where you drive in, he is delightful. This might seem nit picky but you expect a certain level of warmth from Disney staff.

When I paid a premium to stay at a pricier hotel I hoped there would be more bang for my buck. Our stay, which ends on Tuesday, left me wishing I stayed someone cheaper and just booked a nighttime safari to see the animals at AK Lodge.

I wasn’t expecting a gift on our wedding day (which I had mentioned to the front desk during booking and check-in) but a card or a voicemail from a staff member would have been a nice touch. Even the Polynesian, where we had our small ceremony for 1 hour, sent us a small gift afterwards. The two of us had dinner at Saratoga Springs the night of the ceremony and casually mentioned the reason for our trip and were treated so kindly!

Pros
-Animals! :)
-Ambiance, lobby is gorgeous
-Several dining options with kid-friendly and sophisticated options
-Convenient marketplace shop in the lobby

Cons
-Customer service!!!! No one greeted us coming in the hotel any of the days. I contrast this with my visits to the Polynesian and Saratoga Springs where the staff was chatty and happy to cheer Congrats when they saw our wedding attire.
-Room size (we got a Savanna View room and can barely walk around our luggage)
-Front desk seemed disorganized based on a few interactions with them and some misinformation we received
-location, the property is the one of more remote Disney property but I knew that coming into the trip

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
5  Thank Lindsay R
Disney-Parks-Resorts, Disney Social Reviews at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

Congratulations on such a magical moment in yours lives. A wedding celebration should be filled with love, laughs, smiles, and all the magic in the world. I’m very sorry to learn your visit with us at the Animal Kingdom Lodge is not the welcoming environment you had hoped for, and I appreciate you taking the time out of your stay to share these frustrations. I have shared your review with our Leadership at the Resort and they will be reaching out to you directly to help add a little pixie dust back into this special time. I truly hope for many happy years together for the two of you and know you’ll live happily ever after.