“A place for true Harry Potter fan.”

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
Ranked #1 of 457 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: There are many ways to enjoy your Orlando vacation, but there is only one place where vacation becomes adventure: Universal Orlando Resort. It is a unique destination featuring two theme parks, Universal Studios Florida and Universal's Islands of Adventure, three magnificently themed on-site hotels and a nighttime entertainment complex. It's the only Orlando destination where you are not just entertained - you become part of the most exhilarating entertainment ever created. You can soar above Hogwarts with Harry Potter, swing above the streets with Spider-Man, battle aliens alongside Agent J, and help Shrek save Princess Fiona in Shrek 4-D. Now open: the new, heart-warming and hilarious Despicable Me Minion Mayhem ride. And coming soon: Transformers The Ride-3D. Universal Orlando Resort is part of NBCUniversal, a Comcast company.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Baby buggy parking, Lockers / storage
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I can honestly say I am truly impressed with the attention to the details. A ride on the Hogwarts Express is truly magical. I think most children will love the interactive wands and doing the "spells.". My grandson was thrilled. He is 7. However, I saw many adults with wands as well.

Write a ReviewReviews (36,781)
All reviews
"wand shop"
in 424 reviews

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We loved our trip here. The World of Harry Potter was the reason we came to Orlando, and it did not disappoint. I would come again, particularly if this part of a Universal was expanded with more!

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

I’m not a Harry Potter fan, but this ride is the best at Universal Studios. Despite the long wait time during the day (we went straight when regular park hours opened at 9:00 am and there was already an hour wait and was as long as two hours), this is a must-do!

The long wait in line is helped by entertainment (video/audio-enabled portraits) in the various rooms that the lines passed through.

The ride itself is a great mix of motion and video technology.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Everything is just so much more grand than Los-Angeles. So much to see and so little time. We really did enjoy ourselves. Very crowded, obviously! But a must see at least once..

See more reviews
Reviewed 1 April 2018

The Harry Potter rides were awesome. They are 4D like nothing I have experienced.

I thought buying a wand for $53.75 was a waste of money......... Every kid has one so grandson had to have one two. Then we stand in line to wave our wand at the window to make the things happen. I would have rather kept my money.

Also Fast Passes were $179 EACH!!!! That was the jacked up price for spring break week. But they have you over a barrell. Either pony up or stand in 2 hour lines. I had 4 day passes, but only used one day. It was not worth it to me to pay the exhorbitant price OR to stand in 2 hour lines I bought the passes the one day bc I had promised him Universal. Next time I will reasearch better before I make promises