Disney's Pop Century Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
11,027 results
All reviewsfood courtart of animationhippy dippy poolthe buspreferred roomthe bowling pin poolclassic hallpop culturedisney worldrooms are smallmain buildinggift shopmagical expressdining planmagic kingdomcast membersonline check
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is our 4th time visiting WDW as a family, but our first time staying for a portion of our trip onsite. Normally we rent out a vacation rental close to Disney with friends and rent a car, which gives us much more freedom with our stay at an overall cheaper rate. But the cost of driving and paying for parking do add up.

That being said, this place is not bad if you’re on a budget and plan on visiting a Disney park everyday and not doing anything else while in Florida. There are a lot of pools and the layout is fun for kids, but other than that this place is not going to blow you away or anything. The room was adequate and clean, but really cramped at the doorway for some reason, where the door would swing out and almost hit the first bed. The room also didn’t have a coffee maker so we requested one and got a strange, single/double cup brewer with brew pouches, but the coffee it made was just tasteless brown water. We liked however that you can opt out of daily housekeeping and save ~10 bucks a day. If you needed your towels changed or trash taken out you would have to call housekeeping, but the savings do add up.

Would I stay here again? Possibly but unlikely. We've always done Disney with friends and/or extended family, but also try to do other things while we're in Orlando/Florida, so I think a vacation rental is better suited for that, and even more affordable. But if we were to go on a Disney focused trip with just my immediate family, I would likely splurge a bit and try a moderate or even a deluxe resort next time.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Disney-Parks-Resorts, Disney Social Reviews at Disney's Pop Century Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Coming to Disney World with friends and family is always a wonderful time because let’s face it, unforgettable happens here. Now staying on property at one of our Resorts, that’s just a cherry on top of the magical ice cream sundae.

While I’m elated you finally chose to make the plunge and see what all the hub bub is about, I’m sorry you weren’t blown away by the accommodations at Pop Century. You might have noticed the Resort is currently under refurbishment and all of the rooms are being reimagined. With this renovation comes bigger beds, more storage space, carpet removal, upgraded vanity and bathroom areas, coffee makers, and much more. I sure hope you’ll get a chance to come back soon and check it out. Just remember, it’s always a groovy day for a celebration through the decades. Until next time dudes!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We've stayed here twice and really like it. First time, we were closer to the main building and the transportation. Last time we stayed in one of the recently renovated rooms. Very nice! Lots of storage space and more places to plug in electronics that you will probaby every use. Friendly, helpful cast members and a nice variety in the food court. Dedicated bus service makes it a breeze to get to any of the parks in no time. My only critique is the fact that Disney is now charging to park your car in the lot overnight. Seems a bit of overkill, considering the overall cost of a Disney vacation.

Stayed: October 2017
5  Thank Kabbw

Thanks for dropping in to share your review! Many of the updates made to these rooms were based on feedback we received from our Guests. Not enough storage space for luggage and plug-ins for electronics were definitely at the top of that list. For that reason, I truly appreciate you sharing that these were two noticeable changes that really stood out for you. On the other hand, I’m sorry for any disappointment with the recent changes for parking at our Resorts. I hope this won’t deter you from coming back because we sure look forward to seeing you pop back for your third stay with us.

Alana

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I've been to Disney numerous times and decided to come for a long weekend with my friends for my bachelorette weekend. We chose Pop Century because of our budget and it's location. We had 4 girls to 2 rooms. Everything went really well except I just really don't suggest having that many people in a room at a time. It was so hard getting ready in the morning as the only mirrors are in the bathroom area. So imagine 4 adult women trying to get ready in a tiny space. I made a point to get up at 6 AM every morning in order to be able to shower by myself and not having to share a space. The full size beds are just not my cup of tea when having to share a bed with someone.
But other than the size, it was very clean, the service was awesome (as usual,) and we loved the theme of the resort. I'd recommend staying here, but really think about how many people to a room :)

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends

What a fun way to celebrate the last little bit of time as a single woman! Thanks for spending it with us. I totally get needing just a little more space to get ready, especially with four girls in the room. You may have noticed there was some construction going on throughout the Resort. The great thing about the newly refurbished rooms is extra space. They’ve added in a pull down bed that doubles as a table. This has made it so that we can have two queen beds in the rooms and lots of extra storage. Not to mention a spacious vanity area. Next time you visit, you’ll be able to check out all the modern touches they’ve added. We wish you nothing but happiness in your future and hope you’ll celebrate with us for years to come.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I chaperoned my son who won a trip and they housed the entire group of winners here. The Staff was extremely nice and a food court is a great choice when you have teens and 200 people together as a group. The room was small but nicely & smartly decorated (Murphy Bed & small table) and since it was just the two of us, we managed fine. We were there for 4 days and 3 nights and had lots of activities in seminars so we only went back to the room to sleep. This particular Resort is huge and made to hold large numbers. My only complaint was the actual building that our rooms were further away from where the eatery was and the paths were rather dark in the evening. Not sure if I would select this particular resort if I was travelling with my entire family but it's not bad for a short excursion. My favorite is the Wilderness Lodge, it's lux but cozy but I have not been there in over 12 years. I also wished it had a gym but I did manage to run 3x during the stay on the beautiful running/walking trail in the facility. All and All, It was an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank S1132BPsusans

Well I am thrilled to read your time at Pop Century far exceeded your expectations and turned out to be all that and a bag of chips! When you’re used to staying in our Deluxe Resorts, or even our Moderate Resorts, I can totally understand the reservations about staying in a Value. The one great thing about Disney is that no matter which category you stay, you’re still receiving incredible Guest service and added perks, just maybe not as many amenities.

Definitely one of the things that you’ll notice about our Value Resorts is that they are larger and more spread out, as it does hold many of our larger groups and families visiting. So there is a little bit more walking, however, for those that like to be closer to the food, Front Desk, and main pool area, you can always book a Preferred Room. These rooms are guaranteed to be closer, which means a little less walking.

Thanks for stopping by to tell us about your stay celebrating the decades. It’s always a pleasure to spend a groovy day with you and yours, so until next time!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I recently visited Disney's Pop Century resort in March of 2018. Check in was easy with our magic bands we went directly to our room...although the resort has MANY buildings and poor signage so we wandered around for awhile before finding it. The room was recently updated and very clean. Tons of outlets and cubbies for storage which was a plus. Transportation to the parks was easy with shuttle buses running about every 15 minutes or so there was never too long of a wait. The food options offered however were more than disappointing. With all the hype and cost that Disney has we expected better. The same bland pizza, pasta and burger options at the hotel were the same every single day. I would HIGHLY recommend venturing out to Disney Springs for dinner and using meal plan options at the restaurants located there. We had some great meals at Disney Springs that were actually worth the expensive meal plan. Overall trip was fun, but as a frequent Disney goer I don't think I'd stay on property again.

Room Tip: 70's buildings are pretty close to the food court-it is nice to be close as possible after a long day at the parks
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Saromero1994

Well it certainly seems you settled right into your own groove while boogieing on down at our flashback Resort and I’m totally digging it! Thanks for sending along your observations about this recent stay.

Even though check-in helped you hustle on through, it’s really a bummer that you struggled navigating our Resort to find your room; a little extra signage never hurt anyone, so thanks for that tip. It’s also disappointing to know that our Quick-Service dining didn’t really tickle your palate. Your suggestion to gain some more variety and pop on over to Disney Springs is excellent – there is so much to do and see along the promenade and you’re never short on options for delectable dining delights.

As a frequent traveler of our Disney properties, even though Pop Century didn’t offer the variety of dining you were looking for, we still hope to check ya later on another chill vacation!

Holly