“Amazing Pad Thai and Roti ”

Hawkers Asian Street Fare
Ranked #60 of 3,897 Restaurants in Orlando
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

One of my favorite places in Orlando.

Caution: Pad Thai is spicy, flavorful, and amazing. All other Pad Thai's will be bland and disappointing after you've had Hawkers.

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Excellent food but meals were delivered slowly and the appetizer came last. Requires more than an hour for lunch.

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

Congratulations to the owners who have managed to capture the essence of the true flavours of a hawker centre. They do have the wok hei and that is not easy.
The dishes are small and so sharing is encouraged. The roti chani was particular good as was the beef hor fun - we ordered 3 plates in the end! Overall, very good and we would highly recommend!

1  Thank tanagogo1
Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

I really wanted to love this place. I had heard such good things about it from pretty much everyone, and when my friend suggested that we meet up for dinner here I was so game.

It's hard to pinpoint exactly why I didn't love this place. Hawkers has a lot going for it. Our waitress was very personable, attentive, and helped us navigate the menu. Our food was really good (except the rice dish I ordered was blander and not what I expected). Overall the experience was quite pleasant.

With that being said, there are plenty of small annoyances that I think contributed to my overall meh feeling. First, parking is obscenely bad. Like 10 spots in the parking lot bad. So I was already stressed out trying before even getting into the building. Second, it's very loud. I had to shout the entire time just to be heard. Also while small plates sound like a good idea, the large menu is overwhelming. A lot of the items seem very similar, at least based on their descriptions. I think I just had super high expectations based on what others have said so I left disappointed.

While I will probably never consciously choose to eat here (there are too many restaurants in Orlando and most have a better parking situation), I will definitely not say no if I'm invited again.

I will also mention that the friend that I dined with has many food allergies and the restaurant was very good about accommodating him. He really enjoyed his food and did not complain about getting sick. I'm sure he'll add Hawkers to his rotation of restaurants as he seemed very happy with it.

Reviewed 2 August 2017

My daughter picked the entire family some food for dinner! I have been a huge fan of Hawkers and eat at the location in Orlando and Tampa frequently. This has the best Pad Thai ever! We had an assortment that ranged from soup, pad thai to lettuce wraps and everything was delicious! The wings are the best wings Asian style I have ever had. The crunch on those wings is amazing!

If you have not been to Hawkers go or you are missing out!