“Grateful Guest”

Hilton Garden Inn Orlando at SeaWorld
Ranked #76 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 10 March 2012

We were originally booked at a hotel down the street for one night prior to our return home. This other "hotel" turned out to be a disgusting out-dated mess. My husband drove farther down the street & found the Hilton. Rodrigo at the front desk was very welcoming & quickly got us a room. Everything was clean & what I expected from a Garden Inn. However, the shower setup is very weird considering this is a newer hotel. I also don't know why there is not a complimentary breakfast like most hotels. The continental breakfast was $7.95 & you'd have to eat a lot to get your money's worth. I thought the hot buffet was overpriced at $12.95. Thanks again Rodrigo & Garden Inn for saving us from the "Bates Motel" down the road!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank jojol

Reviewed 8 March 2012

I have traveled to all corners of the world and have experienced varying levels of service and hospitality in the hotel industry but I have to say that the staff here at the Hilton Garden Inn will forever stand out as being the finest in the business. My initial reservations were outside the block time needed to secure a special rate. I brought this to the attention of the staff and within minutes they left a kind and pleasant message on my voice mail stating that the price will be adjusted to reflect the discounted rate. This is just one small example of the many overwhelming acts of kindness the staff portrayed over the course of my stay. A heartfelt thank you to the entire staff but especially to Nour and Emilee who went above and beyond my expectations.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Der_Franzes
Reviewed 6 March 2012

I spent almost 2 weeks here recently on business, and have no real complaints, or criticisms. It's not a luxury resort, but it's perfectly suited for any length of stay. It was lacking in a couple of things, but it made up for it in every other way. The place was easy to find once we picked up our rental car from the airport. Rooms were clean and spacious. Odd numbered rooms face SeaWorld. Supposedly SeaWorld fireworks, but I never saw/heard any.

Here's the good:

1.) Air conditioners worked awesome. Some people said they were too loud, but they're the same as every other in-room AC I've ever used. If the sound of it kicking on bothers you, just leave the fan on. That way it's less noticeable.
2.) Free WiFi.
3.) Breakfast was huge. Our corporate rate provided it for us, but even the cash price was fair.
4.) Access to I-Drive and Convention Centre. If you have a car, there is a multitude of restaurants within a 10 min drive. Downtown Disney, and the outlet mall is also <10 min drive. Universal is a bit further, but still easy to get to.

Couple minor things...

1.) The fridges in the room worked well. A little too well. Stuff would routinely freeze in them. It wasn't just mine, all the other people in my group reported a similar problem.
2.) Gym is small. Granted most people at hotels in Orlando get plenty of exercise at the amusements, those on business don't. Would have been nice if it was slightly larger with more free weights or weight machines.
3.) No usable stairs. I had the intent of using the stairs at the hotel instead of the elevator, but unfortunately you have no access to them from the main floor unless you go through the ballrooms. So they suited their purpose as a fire escape, but that's it.
4.) Beds were firmish. Fitted sheet kept sliding off and the comforter was sort of lumpy. I still slept ok, and they did have an assortment of pillows.
5.) Bathrooms are small, and not very well laid out.

Staff at the hotel was able to resolve every issue I had. The bar opens up at 5 pm. Drinks are pretty pricey, but the CVS Pharmacy across the street had everything you needed. And a 7-11 just opened up beside it. The both sell beer and everything else. SeaWorld is super close. Pedestrian entrance is less than a block away. No idea why anyone would take the bus there. There isn't much else within a reasonable walk. Everything was a 20 min walk minimum if you had no car.

I would have no hesitation about going back, but the hotel is more set up for business travelers with a vehicle as opposed to families on vacation. I will most likely be back on business again.

I gave the location 3 stars only because it's not within a short walking distance to much. The area is still slowly developing.

If you want to take a jog or anything it takes about 30 mins to go all the way around SeaWorld.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank AC_A340
Reviewed 6 March 2012

My boyfriend surprised me with a trip to Disney for my birthday. We were both pleasantly surprised by how nice this hotel is. It was like being back home. We stayed in the 1 bedroom. They had a full kitchen with all the dishes, cups, silverware, dishwasher, and full size refrigerator, they even had a wine opener. They also had a very nice screened in porch to sit on and enjoy. The restaurant that was off of the pool area was not very good service or food. They are right across the street from Sea World so you could walk there. They are not far from Disney and plenty of restaurants to choice from. We will stay again if we travel to Orlando again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 March 2012

We hosted a local planning meeting in the meeting rooms. Everything was ready when we needed it. The building engineer was quick to respond to air conditioning requests when some guests were too cold. Food was as ordered and delivered on time. I have used this location before and will do so again for meetings.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business