We stayed here for 4 nights (29 April - 3 May 2012) at the start of our Orlando/Miami/Cruise holiday. We chose this hotel for its low price, close proximity to SeaWorld, and of course the free WiFi. It certainly did not disappoint!
It is very close to SeaWorld (with only the Renaissance closer - but not by much), just a short walk (around 10 mins) out the back of the hotel, to the left down Academic Drive, across the road (Sea Harbor Drive) and through the car park. Parking at the hotel is free of charge, so we saved at least $15 per day there that we would have spent parking at SeaWorld. The hotel does have a free shuttle bus but it is so easy to walk there I wouldn’t bother – plus you can arrive whenever you like if you make your own way. There are also other shuttles to Universal and Disney (I think) but we didn’t use these services (we had a hire car) so cannot comment.
Our room was clean, with 2 decent sized double beds, a desk & chair, an armchair, plenty of drawers & wardrobe space, a flat screen TV, 2 telephones (one on the desk and one beside the bed), and an electronic safe. The bonus in this room, I thought, was the little kitchenette area with hospitality tray, fridge & microwave. The bathroom was slightly dated but clean, with a bathtub & fixed shower and a single wash basin & large mirror. Our room was at the back of the hotel, and up on the 7th floor (I think) so we had a good view out towards SeaWorld. We could see the rides from our window (Krakken, Manta and the Sky Tower) – which was good because we could see if the Sky Tower was working (it was out of service one day due to high winds).
There is an Expedia desk in the lobby, where they offer complimentary Quick Queue and discount vouchers for SeaWorld. They recommend you get there early to avoid disappointment - so we queued from 6:45am (before the desk opened at 7am) but the lady at the desk advised that they do not run out of tickets this time of year (early May) so we didn't have to go so early next time. Next time we didn't go until after 11am and we still got the Quick Queue tickets.
There wasn't a lot around the hotel apart from the neighbouring Hotel (Renaissance) where you can go and get Starbucks coffee, and obviously SeaWorld, but there was a 24 hour CVS Pharmacy across the road (on Central Florida Parkway) which was quite handy for stocking up on food & drink to keep in the fridge. We bought some beers to chill in our room with after a long day walking around SeaWorld. There is a 24 hour tuck-shop in the hotel lobby, to be honest the prices are a little bit high, but it is certainly handy if you can’t be bothered going out to CVS. We were glad we had a hire car otherwise we would have been a bit bored some evenings; there are some restaurants, bars, shops and such within walking distance of the hotel though (about 20 mins up Westwood Blvd towards International Drive).
The hotel does have a restaurant and bar, and a pool - but we didn’t really use these facilities. I think the guy at reception said the bar was open until 11pm and the pool until 10pm, not sure about the restaurant. We did get room service delivered at about 9pm once though - we got a really nice pizza (which was very large so the microwave came in useful in the morning).
This hotel was a good base for us to travel to Universal, International Drive (Pointe Orlando, Wonderworks, mini-golf, Ripley’s and such), and the Kennedy Space Center from.
Overall, this hotel is great value for money. Ideal for SeaWorld, but a tad secluded so I would recommend having a hire car if you stay here (though not essential). We will definitely consider staying here again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Hilton Garden Inn Orlando at SeaWorld where Orlando's most exciting attractions are just around the corner! Conveniently located in the International Drive Resort Area next to SeaWorld and 1/2 mile from Discovery Cove where you can swim with the dolphins. Walt Disney World, Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure are just five miles away. Complimentary scheduled transportation is provided to all the major attractions. The Hilton Garden Inn is an official On-Site SeaWorld hotel that offers amenities and discounts not found at other hotels. Guests staying with us will receive guaranteed entry to SeaWorld and Aquatica; early entry to SeaWorld on select days; discount at gift shops and restaurants; and the opportunity to reserve the Ultimate Quik-Queue front of the line pass, complimentary (limited quantities daily). A multitude of restaurants, shops and entertainment venues are also within a short ride from our Orlando, Florida hotel on the I-Ride Trolley (the trolley has a stop directly in front of the hotel). Moreover, we offer complimentary transportation to the area's three most famous attractions: Walt Disney World(R), Universal Studios and SeaWorld. We are the closest, most affordable hotel near SeaWorld, offering Hilton quality at an affordable price. Be our guest next time you visit Orlando, Florida and discover true hospitality at its best. The Hilton Garden Inn at SeaWorld participates in Hilton HHonors(R), the only hotel reward program that offers Points & Miles(R) and no blackout dates. Whether on the road for personal or business reasons, Hilton Garden Inn offers the reliable amenities and services for guests to sleep deep, stay fit, eat well and work smart while away from home. Everything...Right where you need it. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Orlando at SeaWorld reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Orlando At Seaworld Hotel Orlando
- Orlando Hilton Garden Inn
- Hilton Orlando
- Hilton Garden Inn Orlando At SeaWorld Florida