“Nice place!”

Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek
Ranked #75 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 31 March 2012

We stayed the first week of November and was quite pleased with the resort. The staff was super friendly, went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed and were very helpfull. Will probably be staying here again on future visits to Orlando!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
WyndhamGrandOrlando, Resort Management at Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2012

Hello Flynhi991,

Thank you for your stay at the Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek and your great review!

I am so glad that you enjoyed the Resort's many amenities!

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you and your family back in the near future!

There are newer reviews for Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek

Reviewed 29 March 2012

We were there during spring break but spent most of the time in Daytona drove back and forth.
The resort is great the rooms are large and layed out good, clean and friendly staff. The only problems I can say is our room was not cleaned one day, and we had to call 3 times to have something done in our room. The continental breakfast and the nightly snacks were not enough compared to other hotels we stay. Still we had a great stay.

Room Tip: make sure you get a fireworks view it was great.
1  Thank KOULLA G

Hello Redrock-Canyon,

I am so glad that you enjoyed the Resort's many amenities, and that these features along with our staff were able to create an amazing experience for you and your family.

Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience, and please know, it has been shared with the appropriate departments to address for future guest's stays.

Reviewed 28 March 2012

I spent a long time researching properties near Disney for this most recent vacation. The Grand definitely outshone its nearby competitors, especially the price. I found it to be very reasonable, especially considering the beautiful grounds, the shuttle service to Disney, and the ability to use all of the surrounding Wyndham facilities.

We checked-in very early, about 10:00 am, and a room was immediately available. I was prepared to leave my bags for the day, so this was a wonderful unexpected surprise. The room was what I had requested, a King deluxe w/ balcony. The "balcony" faced a parking garage, and since I was on the 4th floor, we got to look at the roof to our right, or cars in front. Needless to say, we never used it. I didn't complain, however, since the room was readily available and I hadn't made any special requests. It was also handicap accessible with no bathtub, but not a big deal. Staff were pleasant, but while I was given a little run-down of my room and was given a shuttle schedule and activities schedule, I later had to call to find out how to get to the pool, where the shuttle picked up, how to get to the other Wyndham buildings, etc. This should automatically be provided upon arrival and I felt "rushed". I did receive my card for a complimentary gift, which plainly stated that timeshare info would be given. I chose not to go, and they called daily for the first few days and left a couple of messages, but I ignored it. I didn't appreciate the pre-recorded phone call one evening at 9:45 pm to tell me of the spa specials. My son and I had just laid down after a long, exhausting day at the park, and it really jolted me awake.

So as for the shuttle, it's OK. I implore anyone who reads this, please know the name of the place you are staying!! There are 2 shuttles: 1 for the Grand, 1 for the Timeshare buildings. Inevitably people confused the 2 at some point. This isn't Wyndham's fault, but the drivers could be a little clearer when explaining it to people. I found myself jumping in and instructing people where to go. Shuttles to the Magic Kingdom and Epcot are convenient, leaving about every 1 to 1.5 hours. Return times were convenient as well. Shuttles were always on time. Transportation to other areas is a little less desirable. We went to Typhoon Lagoon one day, and had to go to the Transportation & Ticket Center, take a monorail to the Contemporary, then take a bus to Typhoon, which stopped about 3 places prior. It took us 1.5 hours to get to a park that was 5 minutes from the hotel. We took a cab to get home. There is no transportation to Downtown Disney until mid-afternoon, and no times for pick up from 7:30 pm until 11:45, so we had to again take a bus to the Contemporary, take a monorail to the TTC and go from there. I stayed in a Disney property before, and I'm spoiled by the convenience of their transportation. I missed the freedom of coming and going as we pleased, and hated having to plan everything out. That's just me, though, if it works for you then you will have no problem with it!

We had a delicious buffet breakfast in Tresoro...great fresh fruit and waffles! I was annoyed on check-out day when I went to the Starbucks Barista @ 10:40 and was told all the bagels and breakfast foods had been counted and sent back "downstairs" (whatever that meant), when I sounded a little miffed, the server responded "breakfast is only until 10:30", when the signage clearly says "serving breakfast until 11". When I pointed this out, I only got an eye roll and no explanation. Might not seem like a big deal, but it was to me. When I checked out, I was asked if I received a bill under my door, which I did not. It was handed to me, and that was it. No "Was everything to your satisfaction?" or "How was your stay? We hope you come again." or how about "Have a safe trip home." Customer service was just too spotty...the ones that were nice were very, very nice, the ones that weren't, well...

Overall, if you're traveling with the sole purpose of visiting Disney, I don't think this is the place. It is lacking the "magic" I was looking for, and while it was definitely adequate, I don't think I would stay here again, nor recommend it to my friends.

5  Thank kberl

Hello Kberl,

Thank you for your stay at the Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek and your review!

I am so glad that you enjoyed the Resort's many amenities, and that you and your family were able to use the complimentary services and features. However, please accept my appologies for your poor experiences during your stay.

We strive to ensure that every guest has an amazing and memorable experience with the Resort, and again, please accept my appologies that we were unable to meet this during your stay. We have shared your feedback with the appropriate departments, and invite you to contact the Resort directly to further discuss with the Resort Management.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you and your family back in the near future.

Reviewed 28 March 2012

Super!!! This is the newest resort that is closest to Disney and the Atlanta Braves Spring training at ESPN Wide World of Sports. I got a reasonable rate on the room and I read the fine print about the resort fee and price of parking. No surprises to be had. The pool was very nice and the walkway around the lake provided the perfect place to walk off some of the breakfast calories. The breakfast buffet for $18 was a better price than buying breakfast and coffee separately and the omelet was amazing. We tend to be hotel snobs and Grand Orlando Bonnet Creek was terrific...would definitely stay here again

Hello Lori R,

I am so glad that you enjoyed the Resort's many amenities, and that these along with our location were able to create an amazing vacation experience!

Reviewed 27 March 2012

We selected this hotel only having stayed in a Wyndham hotel a couple of times and based heavily on TripAdvisor reveiws. And we are very picky people!! :) This was a family trip to Disney and we opted to use SuperShuttle from the airport rather than rent a car and pay parking both at the hotel and the parks. Check in was a breeze. Although having seen pictures on TripAdvisor we were still blown away by the elegant decor and atmosphere throughout the lobby, restaurants, corridors, and rooms. Starbucks served in the lobby along with pastries, smoothies, and ice cream. Room was very spacious and had a set of bunk beds for kids in a "separate" room off the hall inside the room with their own flat screen. Bathrooms were very modernly appointed and clean. Not overly spacious but typical for a hotel bathroom. Beds were extremely comfortable, view of adjacent properties across the pond was beautiful. The fact the 5 adjacent Towers are all part of the same property and their amenities are also included was wonderful. There is miniature golf, a lazy river, and multiple pools to choose from. The pool at the hotel is fantastic with a "zero entry" end perfect for little ones. The open air bar and grill was spectacular and makes it very easy to spend the day by the pool. They have regularly scheduled activities for the kids by the pool and the kids activity center on the lower level. Shuttles to Disney parks are convenient and free with your stay there. We needed an earlier shuttle to Hollywood Studios than what they offered. We checked with the front desk and they suggested taking the Magic Kingdom shuttle and then taking the Disney shuttle (free) from there to Hollywood Studios. It worked like a charm just as it was suggested. Even without children, this would be a place my wife and I would definitely return to and cannot recommend highly enough.

Room Tip: We were on the 8th floor so we did get a nice view but I have to wonder if the top floors (12-14) th...

Hello NCparrothead,

I am so glad that you enjoyed the Resort's many amenities, and that you and your family were able to take advantage of the Resort's features and complimentary services to help create a memorable vacation!