Hyatt Regency Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$85
US$98
US$166
US$153
Avanti International Resort(Orlando)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$87
US$76
  • Pool
The Point Hotel & Suites(Orlando)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$135
US$93
Floridays Resort(Orlando)
US$176
US$152
Rosen Inn International(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$73
US$62
Priceline
  • Pool
All reviewssteak and shakedisney parksfree breakfastmacaroni grillbunk bedsthe breakfast areahotel is locatedking suitelake buena vistayogurtnear disneywaffle makerfront desk staffstayed one nightvisiting disneyolive gardenoutdoor pool
Reviewed 13 January 2012

We stayed at this newly renovated hotel for 3 nights for the Disney Worl Marathon Jan 2012. The rates were great at $89 a night including a fantastic free, buffet-style hot breakfast. The hotel is within walking distance of many restaurants, plazas and a Walgreen's Pharmacy. This hotel is located in a strip plaza which has the best Pizzeria in town www.giordanos.com. The gentleman at check in was very friendly and professional. We found the premises well maintained and clean. The decor is updated, chic and modern. Close-front lobby parking is very limited but plenty of parking around the shopping plaza.
Our family of four will definetly stay here again and again if the price is right.

Room Tip: Request a room close to the elevator if you don't want to walk down a long hallway with two exhausted kids. :)
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank mom214
Sean L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2012

We thank you for your review and the nice comments about the great experience you had while staying with our beautiful hotel. We have had many people stay with us recently while running in the Disney Marathon. Whether this is due to the great location, fantastic customer service, delicious complimentary breakfast, excellent selection of restaurants just outside our hotel or the well maintained clean rooms we provide, we are happy to have you stay with us before/after the marathon. We hope you will be back on your next trip to the Orlando Lake Buena vista area.

Reviewed 9 January 2012

Ordinarily, I am a big fan of Marriott hotels, however, I feel completely deceived by Marriott's declaration on their webpage that this property is a "new" hotel. There are so many choices of hotels in the Orlando area - I couldn't decide which Marriott hotel to spend two nights so I chose the one that declared in bold red letters: "New Hotel." While there is new carpeting and a new lobby - this hotel is not up to Marriott standards. The first indication was the fact that both elevators did not work properly and had graffiti etched into the walls. The second indication was the fact that the furniture in the room was falling apart - literally. Along with this review for Trip Advisor, I will also be sending a complaint to Marriott. This falls into the false advertising category.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank Chessiecat

To clarify, the term “new hotel” is referring to a new hotel to the Marriott family that has passed many rigorous inspections prior to being able to use the Marriott name. In some cases this occurs from a ground up new construction build and other times it comes from conversion. In either case, the high Marriott standards must be met. Our hotel is completely renovated and the furniture is all new in the guest rooms as well as the public areas. Our team has searched every room looking for any furniture damage when we read this and we cannot find any that is damaged or does not look completely new. Perhaps you could share specific room information and detailed issues you experienced. We would love to address any problem areas as we did with the scratches on the inside of the elevators. These were both refinished on 1/11/12 and look completely new. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Reviewed 29 December 2011

This new Fairfield Inn & Suites is fantastic. Not only are they only 1/2 mile from the entrance to Disneyland, but they are close to many great local restaurants, but also have a great free breakfast.
Our recent stay was hampered by issues and rather than having to deal with making calls and being stressed since we had disneyland trip waiting us. The hotel staff personnel advised me that they would deal with the situation so that I could enjoy the day with the family. The customer service that was displayed by the staff was above and beyond what you would normal receive from anyone today.
The staff handled the situation and resolved the issue to my satisfaction and I was able to enjoy our stay.
Great job and great location, outstanding service, and a great looking hotel. Keep up the great job.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank David C
Sean L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2011

We thank you for your review of our new Marriott hotel near Disney World in Orlando. It was nice to hear our staff members handled the issues you were faced with so you and your family could enjoy your visit to the Orlando Walt Disney World area. We make customer service a priority for all of our team members and it sounds like that was delivered. We hope to see you back on a future trip to Lake Buena Vista.

Reviewed 29 December 2011

We stayed at this hotel in October for a visit to Disney. We were a little nervous because we knew there was construction going on, but luckily we had no problems. In fact, the little construction we did see happened during the day and was fascinating for our kids to watch! The "Library" area was a great place to corral the kids while making arrangements with the front desk and a really neat perk. The staff was friendly and responsive, and the rooms clean. For the location and price you really can't beat this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Wendy D

The library area you mentioned has been upgraded since October and now includes a toddler room with flat screen TV and Blu-ray player. This room is connected to the home theater room which also has a flat screen TV, Blu-ray player as well as the library books. We offer PlayStation 3’s and an X-Box Kinect gaming system with flat screen TV’s in the game room located next to this area. These areas are perfect for hours of fun or relaxation, providing something for every family member during their visit to the Orlando Walt Disney World area. We thank you for your review of our hotel and hope you consider visiting the newest Marriott hotel in the Lake Buena Vista area again in the future.

Reviewed 23 December 2011

This review is for our stay from 3rd - 10th December 2011.
Family travelling from Ireland.

We have been going to Orlando for over 10 years and we make the trip at least once per year. We have stayed in different classes of hotels and in different locations. 3-4 years ago we stayed in this hotel when it was still the Country Inn and Suites and since our initial visit we have not stayed anywhere else.

We last stayed here in December 2010 before the name change and remodelling. I booked late for this years trip and as I was tracking down the hotel by it’s new name I found its recent tripadvisor reviews and read them with interest. The remodelling work was causing some hassle for guests so in November I rang the hotel to enquire on a number of issues. I was told that while the hotel had changed name it still had the same ownership, management and staff as our previous visits but was now affiliated with Marriott Fairfiled Inn and Suites. I was told that the remodelling was finished. I was happy with what I heard so I booked the hotel for our trip in December.

The exterior of the hotel has not changed much but there have been considerable upgrades to the reception and dining areas and guest rooms. The hotel looks really well and all work seems to be completed.

One the main reason I like this hotel is the customer service. From front desk to the staff cleaning the rooms I have always found them very friendly and professional. I don’t know how many people work in the hotel but there must be a very large staff. I saw many faces that I had seen before.

BREAKFAST
Breakfast is included in the price. Like most buffets it can be busy but if you pick pick your times it’s fine. One of the upgrades was to completely change the dining area. A serving area that extended out to the seating area has been removed giving room for more guests. I think the selection is quite good and there is plenty of it. Oatmeal, waffles, fruit, cereal, yogurts juices etc... Breakfast is the only meal served but the area is available for use afterwards and coffee is always available.

LOCATION
Lake Buena Vista is a great location to bases yourself in Orlando. There are some very nice restaurants in easy walking distance (5 minutes will get you to most). The hotel is located just off the main road in the corner off a small mall area. Across the road there is a Walgreens. If you are standing at the hotel looking straight out at the far side of the carpark you will see Staybridge Apartments (nice place to stay too) just behind Staybridge is a nice supermarket called Winn Dixie (10 minutes walk). The hotel is very close to Disney. I have found driving out to the I 4 and driving south for 1-2 stops the quickest way to get to the parks as you avoid alot of stop start driving caused by traffic lights.

RECEPTION AREA AND GENERAL FACILITES
- 24 Hour Reception
- Comfortable Seating Area
- FREE Wifi (wired in rooms)
- Small shop with essentials
- Very nice games room with new flat screen TV’s with XBOX connects
- Reading Room
- PC Area - 2 PC’s and printer - Free - (one of the best I have seen)
- Night time Security in reception
- Attraction Ticket Sales - open every morning for tickets and advice
- Washing facilities on each floor - Washer & Dryer $1.50 per cycle (Qtrs), washing powder $1 from reception

SHUTTLE BUS - FREE
I left my driving licence in Ireland and it took 2 days to get it sent (UPS €60) so we didn’t have a car for the start of the holiday. We used this for the first couple of days. A taxi can cost $20-$30 each way. The shuttle is shared with a number of other hotels but we were the last pick up and first drop off. Great Service

ROOMS
** TIP Book the family/kids suite. You get a nice sized room but it has a walled off section that gives the kids their own nice little area with a set of bunk beds, a built in unit with table and drawers and a large flat screen TV. I also think there is a games console but we didn’t use it. The main room has air-con, fridge, microwave and coffee machine.

From the first time I visited this hotel I got the impression it was run like a family business and it may well be. I never asked. This has been the reason we kept coming back and it will be the reason we return in the future.

The pool is not huge it’s not a 5* luxury resort but if you are looking for a well located, reasonably priced hotel that is safe, well run, well maintained and with great customer service it will be very hard to beat.

NOTE FOR MANAGEMENT
Bring back the cookies at reception. We missed them :)

Room Tip: If you have kids get the family room/suite
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank joe201
Sean L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2012

We would like to THANK YOU for your loyalty to our hotel over the last decade. Your review of the hotel was extremely informative, probably the best detailed information we have ever had. We hope to see you back at the newest Marriott hotel in the Orlando Disney area on your next trip. The staff/family here is the same and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel/home.