“Thrilling, exciting Adult Rides”

Universal's Islands of Adventure
Ranked #3 of 459 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Universal's Islands of Adventure features some of the most innovative rides and attractions ever made on seven spectacularly themed islands: The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, Marvel Super Hero Island, Toon Lagoon, Jurassic Park, The Lost Continent, Seuss Landing and Port of Entry.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Baby buggy parking, Activities for young children, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Lots of exciting thrilling rides. High tech rides. Need park-to-park option to ride the Hogwarts train between parks. Each direction has different views and stories. During spring break, have the express ride option is very helpful to reduce waits. Would be worth staying at one of the Universal hotel to get free express passes.

UOGuestServices, Guest Relations Manager at Universal's Islands of Adventure, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to review our parks. I am glad you enjoyed our different attractions we have to offer. I hope you got to experience the Amazing-Adventures of Spider-Man as it is one of our most unique simulator attractions. I always recommend getting the Express Pass when it is a bit busier in the parks, and staying at an onsite hotel where that is included makes it even better! I hope you come back and visit us again soon.

- Molly

Write a ReviewReviews (47,450)
All reviews
in 293 reviews
"dragon challenge"
in 457 reviews

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

So much to do, so many places to go & so many rides to get on. City Walk was packed but definitely observed.

UOGuestServices, Guest Relations Manager at Universal's Islands of Adventure, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

Hi,

I am glad you had a lot to experience when you were here! I hope you got to go on The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man as it is my favorite ride in Islands of Adventure. I am happy to see you enjoyed CityWalk despite the crowds in the area. Thank you so much for your review and I hope you visit us again soon.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Wow second visit in 3 years and universal you upped the ante and delivered on King Kong!! Also my son left his wand in theHP area and guest services had it! Staff is so friendly and helpful! In the marvel area Cyclops was super nice and friendly to the kids and parents taking his Time to talk to each child and did lots of different poses. Doc brown was also very engaging! The character experiences at universal are much better than Disney where you do feel rushed! The hulk coaster was awesome and the Popeye barge ride is best ‘canyon rapid style’ ride ever!!!

Hi Dianne,

I am so happy to see you enjoyed Skull Island: Reign of Kong! This is our newest ride at Islands of Adventure so it is pretty unique compared to the other attractions in the park. I am so glad our Team Members were able to recover your lost item and have it returned to you. These are all awesome character experiences. I hope you had a chance to meet Spider-Man. He is one of my favorite characters to meet. The Incredible Hulk Coaster is one of our most intense rides so it is great you enjoyed that. Thank you for your review and I hope to hear from you again soon!

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Realistic enough to entertain but not scary enough to exclude younger guests. The Hulk was one of my daughter's favorite rides.

Hi Paesha,

I am happy to see you enjoyed our attractions and found them not too scary for our younger ones. The Incredible Hulk Coaster is awesome! I am glad your daughter was brave enough to conquer our most intense coaster. I hope you made your way over to Jurassic Park River Adventure to ride as it is one of my favorite rides we have. Thank you for your review and I hope you visit us again soon!

See more reviews
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

This park is great...be prepared to get wet LOTS of these rides seem to incorporate water. It is a theme park so there will be lines...expect it and roll with it. I will say one thing...being 49 years old and been to MANY theme parks....I don't know if I have ever experienced more line cutting, people using the old "my family is right up there". I realize from time to time that could be the case but on the King Kong ride a group of four in front of us turned into a group of 13....literally. There was no sign of any employees. On the Harry Potter ride the family ahead of us just smiled as everyone showed obvious frustrations. When your waiting an hour, that's just frustrating...seems like they could "post" employees around the line...particularly when it's really hot and tempers can run short. The rides are amazing and the themes are incredible. Worth the money....one other thing there's a lot of press about Universal not "large people friendly" some of the rides were close for me...and they do have seat examples available to "check".... That's fine but the location of these are right front and center of everyone..which can be kind of embarrassing to say the least. Just a thought.

Hello Doug,

It saddens me to hear about the issues you had during your recent visit to Universal Orlando Resort. From the cutting in, to the location of the attraction tester seats, I want to assure you that we are a feedback based company and I will be sure to forward yours along to the proper teams for review. With that said, I'm happy to hear despite the issues you experienced you found the rides amazing and the themes to be incredible.

-Michael