“Stay during Hurricane Irma made me love the Boardwalk even more!”

Disney's BoardWalk Villas
Ranked #43 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stay at the Boardwalk Villas at least once a year, and it is one of the best resorts on Disney property. It is located a 7-10 minute walk to Epcot, and 15-20 to Disney Hollywood Studios. Both walks are pleasant, but if you don't want to walk, you can take a boat to the parks.

The rooms were renovated a year or two ago, and they have a modern feel. I was in a studio. The room had a queen sized bed, a pullout couch, and a twin murphy bed. There was also a table and two chairs, and coffee table. There was also a small kitchenette with fridge, toaster, coffee pot, and microwave.

The bathroom has a shower and toilet, with a sink outside. There is a large vanity area, and plenty of storage in draws and cabinets underneath.

We were at the Boardwalk for four nights during Hurricane Irma. The staff at the Boardwalk did an amazing job of taking care of the guests during the hurricane. They had activities planned, and served three hot buffets a day in the convention center for reasonable prices. The staff really did a fantastic job of making sure the guests were happy and comfortable during a stressful time, and they did it all with a smile on their faces. The staff at the Boardwalk is the best staff on Disney property!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank JellyrollsKaren

Reviewed 9 September 2017

Most people will tell you to visit the Yacht and Beach Club for the pool - since their location is similar to the Boardwalk to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. I'm here to say, stay at the Boardwalk! We had a horrible experience with the rooms being less than desirable at the Beach Club. I was worried that I'd be let down by the Boardwalk, too but I was pleasantly surprised! The rooms are well cared for with magical Disney touches. There are great shops and a good sized fitness room. The restaurants are amazing. The lobby is gorgeous and the guests just seem so much 'better'...less in a hurry and much more happy to be on vacation. No screaming or pulling or anything like that. It was just a nice vacation spot. Yes, it is within walking distance to Epcot and Hollywood Studios - or you can get a boat to take you to your destination. But the thing that I loved best was the room itself! I never heard my neighbors. I didn't hear running in the halls. The rooms were clean and everything we needed was right there. Staff was great! There is a quiet pool - and a pool with a big clown, which is sort of creepy nowadays but really, just a fun slide!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Lori F
Reviewed 1 September 2017

This was my husbands first trip to Disneyworld ever and he's 50 and my first time out of 6 trips staying on Disney property .....what a LET DOWN. I wanted trip to be Disney filled from start to finish well you won't get any Disney at the Boardwalk......there is nothing that says you are staying with Disney on this property, no Mickey's anywhere, no Disney decor just a regular old hotel very blahhhhh looking. I have stayed at much nicer looking and feeling hotels in Mexico !!!!!!! I read online this property was recently refurbished and remodeled....WHERE. I had a studio with kitchenette the small floor they said is new and the countertop oh boy, the rugs are stained, the chairs are also stained, my shower is grey around the caulk like it had mold and they tried to scrub it clean now it's grey. The room is a dingy green no bedspread just like a white sheet with a green drape across the bottom. Nothing in room says Disney the decor is very boring pictures of god knows what, and the tv cabinet is all scratched up, my table has purple nail polish stains on it, and this is the disney experience I paid for......

I did go to desk ask for a better room, they showed me the exact same room on another floor with stained carpets......gross I didn't even want to walk bare footed !!!!! They did nothing to make my week stay more comfortable, horrible customer service if you ask me, so much for my good guest experience. Would never tell anyone to stay here if you want to feel like you are staying on Disney property.

I read so many reviews and looked at hotels that were all themed Disney, had Disney shaped soaps, Mickey drawers handle pulls Mickey decor etc, but I didn't want to total go broke staying there, you travel within your means...who wouldn't want to stay at The Grand Floridian or the Polynesian ???? They are beautiful and well decorated

Even the people at the front desk are older and don't have that magical day personality Disney cast members should have.....look like they are working because they have to not because they enjoy Disney.

The bus runs are pretty ontime however poor design when it rains, the walkway when it rains is like a raging river the rain was running down walkway when we returned.... by the time we got to the top to walk into lobby our sneakers were drenched because walkway on an incline, uggghhhh

I will say food on Boardwalk is ok The Grill has awesome food worth the money, the pizza window has good pizza however $25.00 with tax for a large that's the size of a small back home, ESPN food good but overpriced! But that's all food at Disney pretty good but way overpriced

Couple plus at this property, the pool is nice especially for kids they keep them busy with games in the pool and there is a water slide however it's creepy clown !!! They do night movies in the grass for the kids and lawn games at 5. There is some entertainment at night on the boardwalk although mostly again to entertain kids.

There is a boat that takes you to and from Epcot and Hollywood Studios which is good after walking in park all day. Or you can walk to both places beat the lines waiting for boat.

All in all one of my least favorite hotel stays in all my many vacations would not stay again nor will I recommend especially if you want that Disney feel while staying on Disney property this is not that hotel at all you get NO DISNEY MAGIC AT ALL !!!!

Room Tip: DON'T stay in 4061
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Laurie K
Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

Just returned from a 2 week stay at the Boardwalk Villas. We originally booked to stay at Old Key West, but after the worst arrival in Orlando ever (lightning storm that held back 4 planes worth of luggage which led to a 3 hour wait in the airport for bags!) we arrived at Old Key West to be given an old grubby room that had a Disney bus stop outside it. Those buses are so loud and I didn't pay all that money to listen to buses every night for two weeks. We complained and in fairness to Disney, they exceeded at customer service and moved us to the Boardwalk. We had a one bedroom villa, which is a great room for a family of four. What a location! Literally 5 mins walk from Epcot and about 10 mins to Hollywood Studios. I personally love being able to walk into a park. You end up getting really good value from your tickets as it's never too far to pop in or out. We would pop into Epcot most nights for something to eat (free Disney dining plan). What a great selection of cuisines. Not just your standard American fare. The Boardwalk was lovely too, nice relaxed atmosphere with entertainers on nearly every night. Plus you could get the boat to HS if you wanted to save your feet. Very easy to walk to Yacht/Beach club too. We stayed last year for 6 nights at the Contemporary and while the room there is slightly superior (just newer), the location of the Boardwalk means this will be our preferred Disney destination going forward.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Amoscow
Reviewed 28 August 2017

Most of our visits to Disney World have us staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge for this trip, we decided to try somewhere different within the Disney Vacation Club realm. Since our two night stay prior to our cruise was only going to involve a visit to Epcot, we chose the Boardwalk Inn. We loved the location on the boardwalk and it's quick walk or ferry to Epcot (with its own entry straight into the world showcase). The villa was what we expected based on the Disney standard... well themed, clean, spacious, and comfy. My only concern before arrival was possible noise associated with the late night activities on the boardwalk but it wasn't a problem on this trip. The doors and windows are well insulated to protect the room against noise (and heat!!).

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family