“Great German food.”

Cuisines: German
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 10 November 2017

It is like having dinner in your grandmothers house, in a good way. They treat you like you are family. Very homeyplace with super friendly staff. The food was very authentic and super tasty. I will be back.

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

While here on business, I stopped for lunch. The place is quaint and the service was friendly. Sausage was served with a variety of condiments and two sides which for a lunch portion was fairly good. Prices were reasonable.

Reviewed 13 July 2017

We were excited to try this German restaurant for my wife's birthday. Boy were we disappointed. We arrived at opening time for dinner on a rainy Monday, and were the only customers for our entire visit. A woman (I assume the owner) came to our table after we ordered appetizers to tell us that all dishes with "meat" would be $1.00 higher than indicated on the menu due to increased costs. She went on to say she couldn't afford to print new menus with the updated price -- not exactly professional, or a ringing endorsement of the status of your business. She also asked if we were there for a special occasion, and we told her it was my wife's birthday. I guess that was idle conversation because she was never offered a complimentary dessert. While I don't expect a free birthday dessert, I'm not sure why else they would ask that question...

By the time we left, our bill for 3 people, WITH NO DRINKS (ONLY WATER) AND NO DESSERT was $95.00! Had the food and service been great, that might be OK, but for the quality of what we got, it was far too high. My mashed potatoes were so sour, they were inedible. Ironic since my son's sauerkraut wasn't sour at all. The meat in my sauerbraten was stringy. The potato pancakes were so crunchy that they couldn't even be cut with a serrated knife.

It's a shame, because the inside of the restaurant is cute and certainly has an authentic German feel. But, speaking of the interior, the men's restroom was out of paper towels (and a bit dirty) -- even though the restaurant had been closed for the previous 3 hours. Don't you think they could have cleaned and checked the restrooms in that time? And, oh, by the way, be sure to turn of the light in the restroom (there's a sign to remind you). I'm sure that 17 cents per hour of lighting costs is why they can't afford to print new menus.

2  Thank Dave P
Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

What a treat to find a classic authentic german restaurant in Orlando. Food was amazing, service was polite and happy and prices were excellent. Huge on tap German beer servings. A great time and a very welcoming comforting surroundings.

Reviewed 15 June 2017

Located in North Orlando, homey German eatery in a pub like atmosphere, traditional Bavarian fare including great schweinehaxe (pork knuckle) and spaetzle, rotkohl, tasty jaeger schnitzel, rolladen, and wursts. German owner and chef, the real deal!