“Good Launching Point for Disney Vacation”

Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
Ranked #79 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 14 September 2017

I like Saratoga and it must have been somewhat refurbished because it seems that all of the couches and beds were firm and new I like the fact that you can drive and take the boat from here to Downtown Disney to spend the day(BUT WATCH OUT if it rains all boats shut down and have to find the buses)You can also walk across a walkway to get to Downtown There is Sooooo much to do and see at Downtown Disney that you can never tire of places to eat , Shopping, shows etc AND there are Parking garages now at Downtown that make parking so much easier when you worry about the rain
Staff was wonderful on checkin and Artisan Cafe was so helpful Very nice experience

Room Tip: Preferred view best if you can
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Johnnydez

Reviewed 13 September 2017

This resort is themed nicely after the Saratoga Horse Race - you will find great photo-ops in the lobby and just outside at the bus stop. Lots of little touches throughout related to horses/horse racing. Very pretty lakes and greenery. The buildings are spread out, so walking to/from your room to the main buildings (the restaurants, the rentals, the clubhouse, etc) can be daunting. They do have bus stops throughout the resort. Some activities available include golf, surrey rental, billiards (in a strangely configured outdoor space so spray for mosquitos), video games, a small movie theatre, outdoor playground. We visited two of their pools - one near the Paddocks building and one at the main entrance. Both were spacious and had separate areas for younger kids. I imagine the rooms around there get a lot of noise. There is also a walking trail to Disney Springs (or take a water taxi). We stayed in a Deluxe Studio located at the end of a building with a pretty view of the water. The sleeping area was spacious. The kitchen was not and very much lacked storage space. There is limited parking around the main buildings and only short-term parking by the front entrance.

Room Tip: Ask for a water view
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank wendyquest
Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

We have stayed at Saratoga Springs several times and this time did not disappoint. In the past we have stayed at both preferred and standard view like locations. This time around we stayed at a standard view carousel location.

Pros: Second bus stop, so can get off the bus quicker after long day at the park, you are close to the paddock pool area, generally quiet.
Cons: It is a 5 minute walk to Artist Palette, Turf Club and main pool. 15 minute walk to Disney Springs.

The resort is very nice, somewhat spread out which can be advantage/dis-advantage depending what you are looking for. The bus stops are strategically located so it is never a far walk to the bus stops to get to the parks. If you into resorts pools there are 3 at Saratoga Springs. First is the main pool and water slide at the main building which offers daily pool activities, pool and slide at the Paddock and quiet pool at Congress Park.

If shopping is your thing that I recommend staying at Congress parks it's a 5 minute walk to Disney Springs. There are plenty of dining and shoppings options there.

At the main building you have artist palette and turf club. Artist Palette is good counter service options we usually eat here after going to the pool or before picking up the magical express to head home.

We did eat at Turf Club one night and food here was good as well. Menu is a mix of steak,burgers, chicken dishes, as well as kids menu consisting of pizza,hotdogs,burgers etc.

Another nice option is taking boat to Disney Springs Westside. The boat runs every 20 minutes and drops you off at mid-point of Disney Springs. From there have option of taking boat back or walking through Disney Springs and back to Saratoga Springs.

Overall the resort is very nice, not as themed as some of the other resorts but service and amenities is definitely up to Disney standards and would recommend to anyone as a base of operations for their Disney Trip.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Bbrant1973
Reviewed 11 September 2017

I am 32 years old and I have been visiting Disney resorts (including the cruise line) since 1994. Growing up, my parents bought into Disney Vacation Club, so we were always vacationing with Disney, is some form or fashion. That said, over the years I've come to expect a certain level of cleanliness and service from Disney.

This is the third time that I have stayed at Saratoga Springs, and I hate to say that I remain disappointed in my experience. While we usually stay at Disney's Old Key West, Saratoga doesn't have the same "Welcome Home" feel that OKW has. In my opinion, SSR is more about quantity (of guests), instead of focusing on the quality of the experience.

The room wasn't as clean as other DVC resorts I've visited. Also, Animators Palate is entirely too small for the size of this resort. I think the addition of the villas or additional rooms may have pushed capacity for this small space too far.

In closing, I'm rating this 4 out of 5 because my experience was pleasant and decent.

P.S. This was my first time trying online check-in where you are able to bypass the check-in counter. Maybe I'm just getting old, but I didn't like it. I enjoy being greeted with "Welcome Home" and have a conversation with the Cast Members. I will not use this feature on my next Disney vacation.

Room Tip: If you want to go to Disney Springs a lot, stay to the back of the property
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ericSSapp429
Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

Our family of 7 (6 adults and 1 child) spent eight nights here in November of 2016. We stayed at the two bedroom Villa and overall found our stay to be extremely good. Staff was awesome, facilities were very clean and our villa was within a few hundred steps of the Disney transportation. Only downside for us was we were a ways from the main pool which was not a real big issue. We have stayed at DIsney's Old Key west and that was great also but a little further from Disney Springs. If you like walking the trail to Disney Springs this is the resort for you. Only downside I would say was that the villas here are slightly smaller than Old Key West. On site restaurant was only counter service and that was good but not great! Our family will stay at this resort again and would recommend it to anyone that can afford to stay in a villa!

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family