“Nothing Fancy, But Clean and Kids Enjoyed the Pool and Lazy River”

Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort
Ranked #90 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed here for three nights before boarding a Disney Cruise. The good things: The place is clean and the pools are nice. The lazy river was a nice feature but nothing fancy. My kids had a good time spending a few hours in the pools but I think a few days would have been boring. We spent the other two days at parks. Our one bedroom suite had a full kitchen which was nice. The bad: We stayed here by buying timeshare points through a third party. It saved us a bundle but we were hounded by their salespeople about sitting down to talk about timeshares. The check-in process requires you to visit their desk where they push you to commit to a time. We didn't. So they then call your room every day trying to get you to commit. We still didn't. Very annoying. Also, the place is HUGE and parking is not easy. There's a parking garage (if that tells you how big the place is) which helps.

If you are looking for a mix of relaxing by a pool and visiting the parks, this place isn't bad. If you just want to hang out at the resort, you'll be bored after a day or two.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Clara G, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Brad

Thank you for giving us your feedback! We are happy you enjoyed your stay and choosing Wyndham Bonnet Creek as your vacation destination. We apologize that our sales team and the parking area was difficult to find parking spaces. We are taking in consideration this feedback for future renovations. We hope to see you soon, and if you have any other feedback to share Please don't hesitate to contact me at clara.giannattasio@wyn.com it will be my pleasure to be of any assistance and listen to feedback.

Wyndham Bonnet Creek Management

Write a ReviewReviews (3,879)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Just got back from the Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort and the family and I had a great time. The resort has 6 pools with water slides and lazy rivers, a mini golf course and numerous other activities through out the week. The room that we had was a one bedroom with a full kitchen and bath. The accommodations were nice they appeared to be recently renovated. The on-site restaurants were nice and the food was good for resort food. The resort is approximately 20 minutes from Universal and 15 from Magic Kingdom and 10 minutes from Epcot and Disney Springs.

This is a resort that I would happily go back to again and again.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Clara G, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Smorenzens

Thank you for giving us your feedback! We are happy you enjoyed your stay. If there is anything else we could have done for you to have a better experience please don't hesitate to contact me at clara.giannattasio@wyn.com we hope to see you soon, and keep creating great memories!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This resort is top notch. Amazing pools with lots for kids to do. Our 4 bedroom 4 bath was incredible. suite had all amenities needed to cook full meals. We only left the resort 2 times in a week. If you don't want to do the parks the pools were a perfect place to relax.

Room Tip: close to all the the parks
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Scrapperlila2646

Thank you for giving us your feedback! We are happy you enjoyed your stay we hope to see you soon, and keep creating great memories!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

So, we booked for 2 nights by calling a little over a month in advance. I specifically asked if pools were heated and was assured by rep on phone that indeed they were. Come to find out that pools can be heated but heaters were not usually turned on this time of year. Very misleading. Fast forward to checking in. Upon our arrival I stated that we wanted to extend our visit by 1 night. I was told at that time that all I needed to do was call the reservation line and they’ll extend it no problem. Well, when I tried to do this I was informed that they would only do it if I extended 2 more nights. I said I only wanted 1 and was told sorry we can’t do that. I informed rep on line what I had been told and all she said was “that was wrong info, sorry”I then asked to speak to a manager and was told that they would only do that the morning of check out and could possibly be given another room. So Instead of checking availability and granting my 1 night, I must pack up a family of 7 with 3 small children and go down to check out then if my wish is granted I must then go into another room for 1 night. The supposed manager on the phone said that was right. I told him that if I have to pack up and go downstairs then I will just rent at a Disney Resort where the service will be better. He tried to say that they don’t do reservations at the hotel but if that’s true then how were they going to do it the next morning. Sounds like total bs to me. Now up until this point there were a few other incidents that I was willing to overlook, but after this phone call I was pretty sure that customer satisfaction is not a priority to this company. On the first day I left my husband and child playing mini golf so I could make a market run to get a few groceries. My back was aching and I decided to utilize the shuttle service that was mentioned during checkin. When I asked the bartender to call a cart for a ride back to my tower I was asked “You can’t walk?” He then supposedly called someone and told me to wait right outside a nearby gate for someone. I waited 10 minutes before I started walking myself. The next day while at the bar we ordered a couple drinks and ordered an app. After maybe 15 min we asked him about the food and he admitted to forgetting to put it in as he proceeded to put it in right then. He laughed out loud and said I’m sorry but I thought at that point that this would never happen at a Disney Resort. Another thing, on the first day when we got to our room thee were 5 bags sitting out our door that were full of dirty linens and towels. We called 4 hours later when we saw that they were still there and were told that cleaning people prob left it there and that they were gone. So we insisted that someone should pick them up and she said she would send someone. Well, that night upon returning to our room after dinner they were still there so we moved them ourselves to the end of hall. The next morning, they were still there. So, my recommendation is if you’re going to Orlando to Disney then you better stay at Disney. We paid Disney prices and got horrendous service.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Meli M

Dear Melanie

We would like to apologize for all the inconvenience you had at the resort. These are definitely not our standards. We take pride in our customer service. We are passing the information to our resort management team to follow up and take action. Melanie we have management 24 hours that can assist with any questions or concern that you might have. We are not making any excuses for our service level, and we are terribly sorry as this is not our level of service. My email is clara.giannattasio@wyn.com if you would like to contact me for more detail and we can talk about your overall experience. We sincerely appreciate the time you took to write this review and give us feedback.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We were vacationing with another family and stayed in the presidential suite. The layout was perfect, it has a large kitchen, dining and living room in the middle to share but then each family has bedrooms and bathrooms on separate ends. All the bedrooms/bathrooms were very large, especially both master bathrooms!! Large patio overlooking property, we had toddler age children so we were concerned about the balcony but the bars are very close so we felt secure. Several pools with pool bars and restaurants. Very close to Disney and Disney springs. Yes,,,,,it is a timeshare so be prepared to be asked to come to a meeting. I just told them I didn't make it to Orlando that often and didn't have time in my vacation to sit and listen to a sales pitch and they never asked again. We had a great time.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends