“Good food and service!”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We were staying at Portofino Bay and this restaurant on property was recommended to us. Definitely make a reservation (there was a wait starting when they opened). The gnocchi and lasagna were excellent and the kids fettuccine Alfredo was yummy and a large portion. We had a great waiter and I would definitely go back.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

This will become one of our favorites at Universal. The food and service was excellent. It's not particularly big and so the singers and accordionist are not quiet but they may be the best table side singing I have ever seen. If you are visiting have your song selection in mind before you visit or ask your waiter or waitress for their favorite. They have heard them all. Our waitress gave us a great suggestion and yours will too. The food is very good portions and a great value. It's pricey compared to your hometown Italian place but very good compared to your typical resort restaurant. We were very pleased with our dinner here.

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

Good food. Friendly service. Serenading singers. What a fun night. The entrees were terrific. The salads were large and easily splitable for 3 people. The calamari appetizer was huge. The only downside is that there was quite a bit of breading. All in all, a great time.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

My wife and stayed at the Portofino for a long weekend and ate our last dinner on our last night there. The staff was very friendly and the food was very good. I had a Seafood stew served over Capallenni, and my wife had the homemade meatballs and spaghetti. It was a little high priced, but no more than any other higher end restaurant.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

Yes, you are going to pay more here. No, the food is not worth the price. I recommend sharing your dinner. BUT, I would come back again and again for the atmosphere and the live singers. We had a LOVELY family meal here during vacation. The place looks like a real Italian nona's house! It has small rooms, great service and impeccable fun decor. The live singers take requests and make the prices worthwhile. The soup we ordered tasted like canned. The meatballs, pasta and chicken entrees were mediocre at best, but there was a lot of it. I agree with other reviews that the food is WAY too salty. I had a great glass of wine and liked the basket of fresh bread and breadsticks better than any of the food. If you come just for the experience, it is worth it. Just don't expect a great authentic Italian meal. With only 3 people (one child), we easily spent $100, but we had food to take home.

Date of visit: February 2018