“Character Lunch”

Price range: US$0 - US$36
Cuisines: African
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Travelers! Take a break from your safari and enjoy a taste of adventure at Tusker House Restaurant, a colorful and bustling Harambe Marketplace eatery.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had lunch at Tusker House with our six year old daughter and she thoroughly enjoyed it. The service was very good and the food was acceptable but not amazing. However, I don't think that you go to this restaurant for a five star meal, it really is all about the experience and Tusker House definitely delivers. Our check, with two adult beverages and one kids beverage was just over $150.00, so it is pretty pricey. We would probably consider eating here again.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,250)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My family and I have been coming to the Donald Breakfast for many years. This last experience was easily the worst.

We arrived on time for out 10:20 reservation. However we ended up waiting over a half hour as the restaurant could not handle the reservations or they were overbooked. This mean we missed most of the breakfast and were pushed into lunch.

Also our waiter was rushing us from the moment we sat down. Our favorite is their version of POG or jambo juice. This guy kept calling it jungle juice and really he lacked any of the excellent training you normally expect.

The carved ham (a family favorite) was gone and replaced with pork shoulder (not an improvement, possibly a cost saving measure). We missed the blintzes. The coconut curry shrimp were good. As always the jambo juice was solid.

This is one of our favorites. It just didnt live up to past experiences.

Also seeing Mickey, Donald, Goofy and Daisy is always great.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The location of this restaurant is in front of the only entrance to the Lion King Show theater, which means before and after every show there are huge crowds.

When you check in they have you wait in a patio, which again if there is a show letting out you will be waiting amongst the crowd.

They have you enter from the back and they walk you through where the buffet is located and it's nicely decorated, and went very well with it's theme. Then we were seated with everyone else, and it was way over crowded. I understand they are trying to sit as many people as possible but we were packed, so packed in fact that I couldn't place my bag pack on the back of my chair without getting in the way of people walking!

The food was nothing extra ordinary, it was another breakfast buffet with the same food items. But they do have that passion fruit juice, and I love it!

The characters were awesome and tried to make their way through the crowd and attempted to visit every table. We saw 3 out of the 4 characters bc the last character (Mickey nonetheless) took forever to get to our table, so we left without getting a picture with him. :(

1  Thank Anabel319
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was our first time dining at Tusker House. We were not disappointed. The food was delicious and the variety offered was perfect - there was something for everyone in my party, even my picky eater. The service was fantastic. We had a reservation and did not have to wait more than 5 minutes for our table during dinner time. The character experience was one of the best we have been a part of - my daughters are in middle school and high school and they loved it - the characters were silly with them and made them laugh. I highly recommend this restaurant!!!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was one of the better buffets we enjoyed during our week at Disney World. And our grandkids really liked the up close and personal interactions and autographs with Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck and Goofy characters. We went for an early dinner and were seated in a smaller side dining room that was relatively quiet. Service was friendly and attentive.