“No excuse for overbooking in this computerized age.”

Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort
Ranked #214 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 19 March 2012

In this day and age of computerized reservations and long cancellation periods, there is no excuse for a hotel to overbook and, consequently, inconvenience their guests. Unfortunately, that is what happened here.

We had four adults traveling together (we paid the extra person fees, too). Two beds is cosy enough, but to be placed in a king room is ridiculous. Admittedly, there was a fold out couch but it was small and uncomfortable. The front desk staff offered to accommodate us in another property, but we had selected this one for its location and amenities so we did not want to switch.

Get with the 21st century, please!

Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Late_Apex_014
CoCoKeyOrl, Front Office Manager at Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2016

Hello MIG6336,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review. I would like to offer my sincere apology for the challenges you faced during your stay with us. We strive to provide you with excellent service from check in through check out and I am disappointed we were not able to meet that goal. As of November 18, 2015 we changed ownership and while all reviews are shared immediately with Team Members, I wanted to make it a point to reach out to you directly as we raise the bar for the service we deliver.

I would like to discuss this in more detail so we can take immediate action to correct the areas you mentioned. Please contact me at your earliest convenience so that we can restore your confidence in us and provide you with a quick resolution.

Andy.Holt@cocokeyorlando.com

Write a ReviewReviews (2,875)

Reviewed 19 March 2012

The hotel itself was nice and clean and the grounds well maintained. The employees where great and friendly.
As for the water park part... ok, well worth the $20 extra for the day that we paid, but small and I can imgagine that it can get a bit overcrowded.
Unfortunately the day we where there, it rained, or more like misted. The water was warm, our daughter had a blast, a bit to cold for my taste.
I guess all in all, not a bad stay.
I am sure we will stay again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
CoCoKeyOrl, Front Office Manager at Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2016

Hello Zsu262,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am thrilled that you and your family had such a wonderful time. As of November 18, 2015 we changed ownership and while all reviews were shared immediately with Team Members, I wanted to make it a point to reach out to you directly as we raise the bar for the service we deliver. We appreciate your continued business and if I can be of any assistance on your next reservations do not hesitate to email me directly.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 17 March 2012

We enjoyed the waterpark but the stay at the hotel (motel) wasn't as pleasant. Building 5 smells like mildew. The cleaning ladies try their best to spray the rooms down with lysol before you get there but my sensitve nose can smell mildew/smoke and other allergens a mile away. If you can get pass not having a lavish room then you can have fun with your kids here. Also, the one of the ladders for the older kids was broke and one of the slides wasn't open to the one with the bucket our entire stay. This meant kids or you had to crawl through a tiny hole all the way to the top just to slide back down. We figured it would be fixed by the next day but after three days it was still not open. Stay away from building 5 we moved from one room to another and it still smelled like mildew.

Room Tip: Try not to stay in Building 5 and if you do get the corner room it's bigger than the ones in the...
1  Thank Janeplane40

Hello Janeplane40,

Reviewed 16 March 2012

This was our 2nd stay and we had another great time! Our kids, ages 6, 4, & 1, love the waterpark. The room was clean and big but the carpets REALLY need to be shampooed. Our room was facing the smaller kids section of the waterpark which I thought might be loud but not at all and it we very convenient. We did have a issue with our keys being "demagnatized" but staff replaced them quickly and were apologetic. Only real complaint, water park opens too late! All in all a good stay, we will be back.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank qb2383

Hello,

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 15 March 2012

My family and I stayed at Coco Key for 2 nights at the end of a two week vacation. The check in process was fast and the front desk staff were friendly and helpful. The room was clean and otherwise average. The bathroom was small, but was divided into separate shower/toilet area and sink area which made morning preparations easier. The waterpark was nice, especially for small children, but underwhelming for teens and above considering the local options. Check out was fast but no written statement of charges was offered and I forgot to request them. This proved critical later in the day as I had been incorrectly billed which effected my available funds for the last day of the vacation. Management resolved the problem quickly when contacted, but it took days to resolve through the credit card company. Upon returning home multiple attempts to contact housekeeping in attempt to find a lost item went unanswered.

Overall we liked our stay and it proved a convenient location for local trips. I'm not sure we would consider staying again.

Pros: Clean rooms and smooth check-in process. Quiet after 10pm pool curfew. Good rates when booked in advance. Arcade for the kids. Plentiful lifeguards.

Cons: Below average as a waterpark (but above average as a hotel pool). Billing mistake. Unresponsive housekeeping staff.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the pools are quieter.
2  Thank Grenadyr