“Nice for a quick getaway...”

Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort
Ranked #214 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 24 May 2012

My husband, myself, and our 3 year old stayed Thursday - Sunday. We had a great time. Thursday and Friday were great at the water park...we had no lines, and our son had a ball. Saturday however, was so busy, that I wasn't comfortable having our three year old around all those people. I think because they allow anyone to purchase day passes to the water park, it was very busy with people who live in the Orlando area.

The pizza hut express and callaloo's takeout area was priced fairly and had typical chicken tenders, burgers, fries, and pizza items. It was a nice option for our day that we spent at the pool. There is also a nice bar that serves great drinks at a decent price. They also offer a all you can drink cup for soft drinks that was $10. If you drink a lot of soda, this is your best option.

The pools are monitored very closely by lots of lifeguards. They are very good at their job. All of the staff that we came in contact with was friendly and more than willing to help with any questions we had. The large pool that is away from the water park is nice. There were a lot of people there on Saturday also, and there were some people that did bring coolers. (We had read that you could not bring your own drinks and snacks into the pool areas. I brought snacks for our 3 year old, and bottled water and had no problems from the staff) Overall, the pools are nice, but very very packed on weekends. They did have a lot of things for all different age groups which was nice since we had a little one with us.

There is a Chili's, TGI Fridays, Edy's Ice Cream shop, Pirates dinner and various Chinese restaurants within a very short 3 minute walk. Due to the ridiculous traffic on International Drive, we chose to walk to dinner so we didn't have to battle that traffic. There is also a miniature golf course right next door, and the Titanic experience is there as well. Right down I Drive, there is any restaurant you could imagine.

The rooms were nice. Beds and pillows comfy, nothing over the top. We were in building #6 with a king bed and pull out sofa. We could see the water park from our room. Had no problems hearing our neighbors, but we did have a fire alarm that was pulled on Saturday night which caused the entire building to evacuate. Not fun with an almost asleep 3 year old. Average rooms that were clean.

Overall, a great getaway for a few nights. Since we live only an hour away, I would say we will go back for sure, but only during midweek. :)

4  Thank keyskelly
CoCoKeyOrl, Front Office Manager at Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2016

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am thrilled that you and your family had such a wonderful time. As of November 18, 2015 we changed ownership and while all reviews were shared immediately with Team Members, I wanted to make it a point to reach out to you directly as we raise the bar for the service we deliver. We appreciate your continued business and if I can be of any assistance on your next reservations do not hesitate to email me directly.

Andy.Holt@cocokeyorlando.com

Write a ReviewReviews (2,880)

Reviewed 23 May 2012 via mobile

There were many lifeguards on duty which I liked but my son is a good swimmer & while I was in the pool with him the lifeguard jumped in the pool to "save" him. He was in no way struggling. I was asked to fill out paperwork due to insurance & ratings.... Really???!!! My son was allowed to ride all of the water slides from 11am then at 230pm they said he could no longer ride the slides for 48' and over. So did my son shrink? Try explaining to a 6 yr old your privilege is revoked because of the ability of the staff to read & measure. Not pleased!

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank Hmpatchett
CoCoKeyOrl, Front Office Manager at Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2016

Dear Hmpatchett,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review. I would like to offer my sincere apology for the challenges you faced during your stay with us. We strive to provide you with excellent service from check in through check out and I am disappointed we were not able to meet that goal. As of November 18, 2015 we changed ownership and while all reviews are shared immediately with Team Members, I wanted to make it a point to reach out to you directly as we raise the bar for the service we deliver.

I would like to discuss this in more detail so we can take immediate action to correct the areas you mentioned. Please contact me at your earliest convenience so that we can restore your confidence in us and provide you with a quick resolution.

321-206-4392

Reviewed 16 May 2012

The water park and pools were excellent me and kids loved them but hotel room was not so good room smelt of mould walls were so thin you could here next room all the cleaner did was hoover,empty bins and make beds she never cleaned bath or any unit tops in the room i had to do them my self i complained once and went back to my room and another cleaner had been and room was spotless they have a number of cleaners that clean diffrent rooms i was unlucky and got the lazy one do not take room 9222 as this is the room i stayed in the rooms next to pool are cleaned properly but i couldnt move to one of these as the hotl was full

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Mary P

Dear Mary P,

321-206-4392

Reviewed 16 May 2012

We stayed for 2 nights with our 2 kids ages 7 & 9. They had a blast at the water park! There were no lines and we felt very safe. Lifeguards watched the water park like hawks, very safe!! The room was ok, it was dark and nothing spectacular but seemed clean. There is a bar on site with some nice tropical drinks for Mom & Dad. There is also a restaurant on site with a buffet breakfast and dinner, which was ok. There is a snack bar area to get lunch which was just fine and prices were comparable. This place is close to Wet & Wild, Universal Studios and 10 min from Disney's Magic Kindgom.

5  Thank Karen M

Hello Karen M,

Reviewed 11 May 2012

This is the best place to stay if you have young children even for your inner child. They had something for every age group even teenagers! we had a balst we went to the water park from open to close and had a ball. the loction is perfect it is in walking distance of everything you are right on I-Drive we walked everywhere. The people who work there are friendly and cater you your every need the lifeguards are always moving and alert which makes you feel safe. the arcade is awsome and not expensive and the food was awsome! if your are going to pay to stay somewhere coco key is the place to be! There are no lines to go on the water slides at coco key and we seen how long the ones at wet and wild are we laughed at the people waiting 20 minutes in line for a 2 second ride! We will definitly be coming back to coco key agin soon!

Room Tip: the basic rooms are just as nice as the more expensive ones and the rooms all the way back on the ri...