Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$181
US$157
Hilton.com
US$261
US$193
US$153
US$208
  • Pool
Marriott's Grande Vista(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$137
US$122
  • Restaurant
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$177
US$555
US$437
Hotels.com
2,929 results
All reviewsinternational driveloved the water parklife guardswaterpark areapizza hutwater slideswet n wilduniversal studiosspring breakfamily vacationpool sidefree shuttlesea worlddisney worldlifeguardsarcadeparks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

We’re just sat in the hotel reception writing our review.
It was our first visit to Florida and only booked the Coco Key as it was listed in the thomson UK brochure. We booked with BA holidays and rented a car.
We arrived to the hotel after a nightmare of an arrival into the USA. 3 flights landed all at once so we don’t need to say anything else. Flights amazing with BA.
The original first impressions were what I expected 3 star on IDrive perfect.
Reception - our first impressions was that they didn’t really care for their position we spoke to the reception manager who was less than helpful about a room change (I’m sure the management read this and we to this day are still waiting on our room change which never happened) The receptionist Amanda was extremely friendly though and should move to a better stared hotel)
Room - First impressions a big room with everything you need. Our room was situated in the tower block of the hotel on a high floor as requested. Cleanliness was extremely poor done by the housekeeping of the cleaning staff. It then became apparent the room had its own issues. The smell everyday was awful. The rooms are definitely needing a re vamp the place is filthy. The fridge was more like a freezer which is great to chill drinks in the hot temperatures Florida gets with the sun.
WiFi was available for our stay and worked really well considering the hotel was busy.
The noise levels in the hotel are unacceptable and this hotel tends to sell block rooms to groups who are extremely in considerate to other customers trying to sleep until after 0700 am.
The hotel has a swimming pool just after reception and again we never used it due to the fact again the cleanliness left a lot to be desired.
The staff we found were a hit or a miss the ones that care are great the ones that don’t aren’t nice to deal with.
We did not use the on site waterpark as had booked park tickets and there is too many things to see and do. The hotel offers a shuttle bus to Universal parks which needs booking 24 hours before the bus as it was quiet we tended to book in the morning for that day and never had an issue getting on. We done the other parks also and had a car in order to go.
We ate out constantly the great thing is location as mentioned perfectly positioned on idrive. We ate at Chillis which was great service and great food. We came across a pub called Murphys which is beside the gator mini golf which is ran by a lovely lady called Michelle it’s family friendly and she’s a great person to be around so make sure you check it out. Another restaurant we dined in was Taj Mahal Indian restaurant again several visits as the food and service was great. There’s a store opposite the hotel where all the items are 1.99$ which is a complete steal so if your like me and need to stock up on souvenirs to take home I’d highly recommend.
In closing the Coco Key needs a massive reality check starting with the owner who thinks it’s acceptable for customers to pay even £30 per night for this hotel as it’s not a great place to stay. A lot of people will say don’t read reviews and you make your own judgment but trust me if your looking for a hotel on Idrive this is NOT the one for you. It’s dirty old tired and smells really bad spend a little bit more and go to a nicer property.
Be aware if you’ve not paid your resort tax this will be charged at reception (we had it included) 50 US dollars is taken at check in and returned at check out again no issues with us receiving this back.

Management if your reading this you need to sort your hotel out. If this was a hotel in the UK we’d inform our environmental health department to pay you a visit.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
5  Thank england2000
Management response:Responded 15 December 2017

Hello England2000

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review. I have noted the challenges you that you encountered and I would like to apologize for you experiencing anything other than a fantastic stay.

I would like to discuss this in more detail so we can take immediate action to correct the areas you mentioned, and change your opinion of us. Please contact me at your earliest convenience so that we can restore your confidence in us. I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Warmest Regards,

Lucas
Director of Rooms
lucas.gartenmayer@cocokeyorlando.com

Reviewed 8 December 2017 via mobile

We booked to stay for two weeks in November having read the reviews we was a little dubious about it . We arrived at 6pm 14 of us in 4 rooms our room wad pool side in block 5 great room . Towels changed daily bedding changed when asked cleaners where a pleasure as was all the other staff . Yes the place needs a look of paint in the other areas but the price we paid for it gets no complaints from me . Great pool and hot tub at the front both open from 8am until 10pm kids pool and play area at the back with slides lifeguards patrol this area which is great gives the adults piece of mind . would I stay again? absolutely.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank deankujo
Management response:Responded 15 December 2017

Hello Deankujo,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We truly appreciate it. It allows us to continually do our best to meet and exceed our guests expectations.

I am thrilled that you and your family had a great time with us. I hope you had a lot of fun at the water park and that you were able to create long lasting memories.

I am looking forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Reviewed 5 December 2017 via mobile

The water park was awesomeeeeee I really really like it and definitely staying there again... rooms were clean and comfortable.. housekeeping actually come every day kids love the game room and water park

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank sophia2975

Hello Sophia2975,

I am delighted that you had a lot of fun in our awesome water park and that the kids loved our arcade. I hope you and your family created long lasting memories.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

After reading some reviews we were a little dubious in the first place, anyhow we thought we would give it a chance.
The first night we arrived we were greeted by a lovely girl on the reception desk, unfortunately this is where the positivity ended. We got to our room and were greeted with bugs all over our room, we thought that these maybe just because of the weather.
After an hour of being in our hotel room, in walks another family with the same key as us, saying that they had been given this room aswell! Not ideal! Then had a phone call from reception saying we had been put into the wrong room, and wanted to move us to exactly the same room but elsewhere. To which we stated surely it was easier to just put the new family in that one? Common sense? Next after paying the extra fee of $12 a day for WiFi and the pool our wifi wasn’t working, we went down to the desk and have to say dealt with what seemed to be a manager with the rudest manor I have ever come across and seriously needs some people skills and basically just called us thick, after realising the check in process hadn’t been completed properly to why it wasn’t working!
After 3 days of dealing with bugs in our room, we couldn’t deal with it anymore and asked reception to move us. Which they did. However the second room we were moved too possesses a fridge which may aswell be a freezer as a can of coke exploded on us as it had been frozen! We also had a broken heater in there which only blew cold air which we had to get fixed whilst there aswell!

Not ideal for a family holiday, when having to pay an expense of $12 a day plus a $50 fee that they hold till the end of your holiday. Also the water park isn’t open monday\tuesday, so you’re essentially paying for something that isn’t open for 2 days out of 7!

Never again would we stay here!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
6  Thank Lr_jessica

Hello Lr_jessica,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review. I apologize for the challenges you that you encountered and I would like to apologize for you experiencing anything other than a fantastic stay.

Warmest Regards,

Lucas
Director of Rooms
lucas.gartenmayer@cocokeyorlando.com

Reviewed 1 December 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 weeks in November 2017.
Location of the hotel on International Drive is very convenient and close to all amenities.
Everything on arrival was quick easy and staff throughout the stay were also very helpful and friendly too.
Rooms were a great size but I would suggest in need of renovation. They have Fridge and microwave if you require it and two lovely comfortable double beds.
All in all this does what you need for a Florida Break as you do not spend much time in the room, hopefully out and about at a theme park or exploring!

The only real negative points were that the room and hallways did seem a bit damp throughout the stay and also had a musty smell, the rooms could do with slight renovation and a little more attention to detail with the room cleaning, don’t look how many layers of dust are on your mirror!!!
Stayed in block 6 on the 2nd floor which was very quiet.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Richard P

Hello Richard P,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share with us feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We truly appreciate it. Our ultimate goal is to provide a fun, safe and clean environment to all our guests.

I am thrilled that you and your family had a great time with us. I hope you were able to fully enjoy all our amenities and created long lasting memories.

I look forward to welcoming you back during your next vacation in Orlando.