“Outstanding diverse options”

Mamak Asian Street Food
Ranked #392 of 4,141 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Asian, Malaysian
Reviewed 5 June 2017

Amid a number of choices, we were guided to Mamak's through the backdoor parking lot. We were introduced to Malaysian food at this restaurant, and we were not disappointed. Get ready, however, the dishes are served one dish at a time as if it is a street vendor's service. Each appetizer came at different times, and each dish came at separate times also. It does make for eating food at the right temperature if you do not want to wait for your companions food to arrive. However, they do not rush you to eat and the staff is friendly. Luckily, my husband I went with others who had been there and were familiar with the food.
We ordered Toi Canai, Char Kway Teow, Spring Rolls, Summer Rolls, Nasi Goreng Indocesial and Mamak Fries. Unfortunately, the fries came after we had finished eating,
If you enjoy a variety of dishes, this restaurant will offer you a choice of foods that are unique to the average American taste-buds.. It is an experience one should try.

The appetizers range from $3.00 to $5.00 and the other dishes range from about $9.00 to $15.00.

Reviewed 28 May 2017

Went there after reading great reviews. We were extremely disappointed. The list of items on the menu sounding amazing, but when the plates were brought we could not believe how small they were. The "tapas" are tiny plates to just have a taste unfortunately everything has the same flavor, the sauces seem to use the same ingredients.
The rice and noodle dishes are very small, everything is brown and just tasteless.
Very friendly atmosphere but the portions and the quality of the food are way to expensive for what they are. They are much better options out there. Don't bother.

Reviewed 28 April 2017 via mobile

Took a risk using google search for Malaysian restaurants in Orlando area. TA ranking was too low to rely on.

Ordered pasembur and prawn noodle.
Pasembur was a good attempt. But ingredients were fresh and while sauce was a little sweeter than I like, I consider it pretty good.

The prawn noodle... I am a self proclaimed connoisseur of Penang Prawn noodles. I seek it out all over the world. For outside Malaysia this is one of the best!!! Omg and I even forgot to ask for noodle and rice vermicelli mix. This was all noodle and I still lived it. Quality meat and prawns but it is the soup that brings it home!!! Great job to the proprietors of Mamak. I had to write this review before even paying.

The last review who called this a thai, Viet, Chinese restaurant does not know what malaysian food is.

If I am not overweight and have a physical on Monday, I would take a char kuey teow back to the hotel for a midnight snack. Maybe tomorrow.

If you are malaysian, just go. It's good. Really good.

1  Thank pvcnco
Reviewed 21 March 2017

We were meeting some good friends in Orlando and we all agreed on "Asian food"; but not which kind of food. Mamak Asian Street Food is the place to go. Within their menu you will find samples of Korean, Malaysian, Chinese, Indian, Singaporean, Thai and Indonesian foods.

"Asian Street Food" in it's natural settings, all over the world are simply bite size portions of food. Street food is not a huge, single portion of food. It's more like tapas or mezze; a selection of small portions of local food. And at Mamak that is what you get. The obvious benefit is that with 6 or more people at the table you get a chance to sample many differing types of dishes you might never otherwise taste. And it is the way to go. The experience is wonderful.

Mamak's menu is terrific. There is food prepared on the wok and the charcoal grille. Salads, soups and tapas. There are rice dishes and noodle dishes and sweets. There is something for everyone.

Mamak is an excellent choice of restaurants when everyone cannot agree on a single cuisine. Or even if you know exactly what you want. Go for it if you are in the neighborhood. Even if you are not in the neighborhood take the time to travel there.

It's worth the trip.

Reviewed 20 March 2017

Food is Fantastic, no doubt... but the quantity is very small portioned. If you ask for anything extra you are charged for it by the $1... for example... I asked for Thai Basil to be added to my dish... The dish arrived and my daughter and I did not see it within the dish. If you order the Roti Canai... they give you one Roti with a Dipping bowl of curry sauce... If you ask for another Roti its $2 and the Roti is the size of your hand.
Well if they are going to nit pick about simple things that cost less than a .05 to make or provide... I will blast it... I am just being up front and honest before you go in there... Portions are small and tasty ... and You will want more... but ask for extra anything and you will be charged. Upbeat and trendy atmosphere... and you will see "CityLife" in there. I wouldn't consider this a family place, but my daughter who is 9 was raised with this type of food and it is what she loves. The fried banana dessert was delish! Don't miss out on that!