“The lady at checkin was confused and had our departure day as our arrival date”

Disney's Magical Express
Ranked #9 of 141 Transportation in Orlando
Reviewed 2 April 2018

I added a day to my reservation and called magical Express to change my arrival day. When I tried to checkin the lady said my arrival day was actually 5 days away. After some confusion she was able to see the correct reservation and we were on our way. We did have a bit of a wait for a bus but we did arrive very late. Once on our way we went directly to The Caribbean Beach.

The drivers are friendly and while there may be a wait to leave and you may make a couple stops on the way back to the airport, this service is excellent.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,950)
All reviews
in 179 reviews
"dme"
in 65 reviews

Reviewed 31 March 2018

It is a long way to the Magical Express departure point. The check-in guy was pretty rude that I didn't have my reservation number handy. Nobody had told me anything about the airport arrival process and how to get to the right bus. Once I found the number he needed, I was told which line to go stand in to wait (and wait, and wait) for my bus. It was about a 45 minute wait before the bus was starting to load, and there were no places available to sit. At least there were occasional stanchions to lean on.
Proceed to the far corner of the basement of the airport on the B terminal side, have your reservation ready, and prepare for your 45 minute wait for your 45 minute ride to your Disney Destination.
Some other reviewer mentioned this FREE service! It may be included, but it certainly isn't free!

1  Thank DrMomma
Reviewed 31 March 2018

Our driver was courteous and helpful. A nice way to get to the airport without fuss, We did get lucky and not have too many stops.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

When you arrive at Orlando Airport you just need to follow the signs, but to be honest they were a little hard to follow. Your best bet is to just ask somebody who works at the airport how to get to the Disney Resort Shuttles.

Once you do arrive your party has to check in at the small stands they have provided and this will be your first time using your magic band!

Depending on which resport you are staying at they assign you to a line, and you could wait in that line for a while. We got lucky they boarded us in 10 minutes. (If you have a meal reservation within an hour of arriving, you're probably not going to make it unless it's at your hotel.) Upon entering the bus we left our carry on luggage on the sidewalk near the door of the bus, and walked on. Once everyone was seated the cast members working at the airport along with the bus driver loaded our carry on bags onto the storage located at the bottom of the bus.

We made our way onto the charter bus which had the heater on due to it being a cold day and the tvs were showing Disney trivia. Once we were on our way a video played on helpful tips for your trip at the resort which was pretty cool. When you arrive to your resort you walk off and the bus driver hands you your belongings.

See more reviews
Reviewed 28 March 2018

We easily found our spot to wait for our Magical Express. We did go off-season (if there is such a thing) so our experience may not be the same as one in warmer months. We did not have a long wait. We were traveling to The Contemporary and we were the third stop. My understanding is that the resort route might differ with each trip. The bus was clean and comfortable. Our trip from the resort was on equally comfortable.