“Just Good!”

Best Western Plus Universal Inn
Ranked #107 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Don't expect too much.
Just good consideing of price.
And good location & lots of restaurants near hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank kjs1664

Reviewed 17 January 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Best Western Plus Universal Inn during our visit to Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure. Both of these parks, which are side by side, are only a 20 minute walk from the Inn (or less if you are a fast walker). But, you do not need to walk. The Inn has a shuttle that delivers guests to and from the parks for no charge. The parks,charge $30 dollars for parking to those who drive there. So the Inn saves you $30 per day in parking charges alone. Also the Inn provides a free breakfast; another savings. Also the staff at the Inn are very friendly especially Sam the manager. Oh, I almost forgot to comment on the room. Ours was a large room with king bed. It was clean and well kept with no noise. I recommend this Inn highly.Compare the price to other hotels. We were well satisfied.

Room Tip: I believe all rooms are equal. There is no bar, restaurant, or nearby highway to interfere with the...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
13  Thank Thomas S
Reviewed 10 January 2012

Stayed at this hotel from January 3 a January 6. It was my first time visiting this area and this hotel so I wasn't sure of the transportation from the airport to the hotel. I called the hotel from the airport and was told by a lady to take a taxi. The ride was about 20 minutes, mostly on a highway/freeway and it cost $46 (one way from airport to hotel).
The hotel is located in the same plaza as a few restaurant: golden corral (American style buffet), a Japanese restaurant, Chinese restaurant, a sports bar, burger king, a liquor store and a very convincing drug store.
Check in was very fast and friendly. The lady who checked us in (I forgot her name) told us everything we needed to know: when the complimentary breakfast was served, when the shuttle bus to and from universal studio arrives and departs, the non smoking policy, etc.
We booked through Expedia and was given a 2 queen size bed room, but since I was traveling with my girlfriend, I asked if there was a single king size bed. There was, but the catch is that it didn't have a bathtub, only shower. We took it.
The room was comfortable and clean. The bed was a little too high for my liking and the pillows were a little too high as well, but I'm very glad the air conditioning and heating unit works very well and it heated the room very fast, and vice versa. My only major complain about our room was that the shower was extremely weak. Barely any water flowing, which made the shower a little uncomfortable.
Free wifi was greatly appreciated, and the hotel also provides a small business center with 2 computer to use.
Breakfast started at 7am and I was surprised that they offered 2 different breakfast for the 2 morning we were there. First morning they had French toast sticks, sausage, scrambled egg, Danishes, blueberry and leon poppyseed muffins. Second morning was pancakes with maple syrup, banana nut muffins and others. They also offered a self serve fresh waffle, coffee, tea, assorted bread, a toaster, etc...
The shuttle bus driver for the first morning arrived half and hour late! He was also late for our 8:20pm pick up! This was a little annoying, but I'm assuming its not the hotel's fault. The second day however, everything went smoothly and on time.
Check out was very efficient and fast. We asked front desk to book us a taxi to the airport. This time around, it was close to $50.
For the price we paid, this hotel had everything we needed. It was convenient, clean, fast and friendly. Off course, the location was perfect for a few relaxing days at Universal Studios.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
9  Thank scorpy_lin
Reviewed 7 January 2012

Just returned from a stay. Check-in was super fast. Customer service was extremely warm, welcoming and helpful with all my questions. Room was spotless and had a smart modern sophisticated look/feel to it.

The absolute best thing about this hotel was that, as listed on bestwestern.com, it is literally across the street from the universal park so we did not need to even waste our time waiting for the complimentary shuttle as it was a simple/pleasant walk to the park and back. We originally requested a shuttle to pick us up having missed the morning ones but after walking it we walked back before the shuttle and canceled the request. According to google street view images I thought it looked like a long/hard to find walk but it isn't at all.

Being so close I would have expected it to be much pricier but I got $79/night compared to the Doubletree hilton which is right next to it.

Plus there are a good selection of restaurants within walking distance to choose from for dinner if you dont want to eat at CitiWalk.

Overall a terrific hotel at a great value and location. Highly recommend!

Room Tip: I reuqested an upstairs room and got the top floor...it was nice and quiet. Don't wait for th...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank Tristan89
Reviewed 31 December 2011

Loved the location of this hotel! Although we were going to Disney each day, it was only a short drive in our rental - we didnt try the shuttle service. The hotel is right next to a walgreens and a few resturaunts... loved that! We traveled with a baby and two kids, and it was so nice to come back at night to a nice clean and quiet hotel! Plus's = laundry facility, air conditioner worked great, nice breakfast, location, quiet even though the hotel was full.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family