Comfort Suites UCF / Research Park(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$93
US$84
HIExpress.com
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$95/night.

US$109
Doubletree.com
US$160
US$124
  • Restaurant
Avanti International Resort(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$74
Floridays Resort(Orlando)
US$146
US$127
Official Hotel
US$257
  • Restaurant
Rosen Inn International(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$67
US$49
Agoda.com
US$82
US$68
Priceline
3,580 results
All reviewskona cafevolcano poolhawaii buildingmagic kingdomgreat ceremonial housedole whiptransportation centertonga toastepcot monorailoasis poolohana restaurantcinderella's castledvc studiodisney worldseven seas lagoonclub leveldinner show
Reviewed 27 March 2012

If you have the money, I would highly recommend a stay at The Polynesian. If you have even more money, stay in the club level building- in my opinion, it is worth every penny. The club level building is steps away from the beach, pool and boat transport to the Magic Kingdom. The windows must be well insulated because we didn't have any problems with noise even though we were steps away from the pool. The club level offers a modest breakfast, mid day snack, appetizers with booze and desserts with booze that are not fantastic but they are free (for paying customers) so it worked for us. This hotel is amazing for families- it's beautiful and convenient for adults and themed and fun for kids. The seventies Hawaii theme is pretty cheesy and over done but this is Disney we're talking about- people don't come here for subtle elegance.
While planning our trip, I heard a few times that Disney is great on the front end but falls apart a little in the service department as you get closer to leaving. I found this to be true. After a few days, I had to start tracking down housekeeping to clean our room. They also forgot to refill the coffee three days in a row and got a little snippy with me when I (nicely) complained.

We took advantage of the free Magic Express service which transports you and your bags to and from the airport to your hotel room. This service was flawless at the beginning of our trip but riddled with headaches at the the end. No staff person that we talked to seemed exactly sure how we should go about checking our bags. We were told that we needed to print up packing slips from our airline but we couldn't do it at our hotel. My husband had to trek over to the Grand Floridian to do it and when he got there, no one had any idea what he was talking about. After raising a bit of a stink, he got the passes printed but it took over an hour including travel time and much aggravation. As my husband said, "You can print this stuff up at a Fairfield Inn but you can't do it at Disney World? That's messed up."
Then to add to the confusion on the day of our leaving, the front bell hops couldn't check us in at the airline because we had already done it the day before. We got attitude which was very annoying since it seemed no one knew what the proper procedure really was.

But other than those minor annoyances, the hotel was wonderful and we will be returning as soon as we can afford to. This hotel is not cheap but completely worth it for a lavish family vacation.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank S A
Reviewed 26 March 2012

We had a great stay at the Polynesian. It is great to be on the Disney Monorail and also be able to take the boat ride to the Magic Kingdom. The Polynesian pool has a water slide and is open late. You also get a great view of the fireworks from the resort. The character breakfast at the Polynesian is great. We would stay there again.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in a building closer to the main pool and facing the Magic Kingdom.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank MontaukFan
Reviewed 25 March 2012

We had reservations to stay at the Port Orleans newly reconstructed rooms six months in advance. We received a call about a month before our trip that the rooms would not be ready in time for our visit so we were lucky enough to get an upgrade to the Polynesian. We were not given just any room, but a room with a view of Cinderella's castle and the Space Mountain dome! As we walked around the grounds, our family decided that every room had a fantastic view especially if near the beautifully maintained gardens. The pool was very inviting and the man-made beach was incredible. The room that we were given was very large compared to the Beach Club and the Carribean Beach Resort, which we had stayed at in the past. Even with a sliding glass door and direct access to the sandy beach outside, the carpet was very clean. The Kona Cafe is absolutely our favorite restaurant of the entire Disney property. The monorail right outside the resort made it easy to get to and from the Magic Kingdom and the Contemporary. It was a once in a lifetime experience and one that we will never forget.

Room Tip: Rooms near the water in Tahiti hear the music of the ferry boats from 7 am to late. After the first night we got very used to it and didn't hear it anymore. It is a longer walk to the long house (restaurants and check-out) but the stroll by the beautiful gardens definitely makes it worthwhile.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Shelly022
Reviewed 23 March 2012

I have stayed at the Polynesian before, but this was the first time in a while. My husband and I took advantage of a good rate and enjoyed a two night getaway. We opted for a Lagoon View room and to me that makes all the difference. We enjoyed watching the fireworks from our room as well as the classic Electrical Water Pageant.
In order for this resort to be a home run you must be ok with kids (lots and lots of kids), be ok with the rooms being in seperate buildings away from the lobby, lounge, restaurants, and shop. Also, you need to enjoy the quasi-retro feel of the resort. Although the rooms and such were updated a few years back you can definitely feel the 1970's vibe.
The grounds of the resort are lovely, however, because of its location you can occassionally hear the buses, cars, monorails, and boats in the area. For some this may be a surprise or issue.
If you are not going to splurge for a Lagoon View (which typically means you will see part of Magic Kingdom, and you definitely will see the fireworks from your room) I would recommend either one of the other Disney deluxe resort or the WDW Swan and Dolphin. Also, the majority of the rooms do not have full balconies. So if you want a full balcony with chairs make the request known when booking.
The family activities are wonderful, including movies on the beach / pool and a nightly fire in the firepit with marshmellows. If you want to experience Disney's version of Hawaii without going there then this is a great choice.

Room Tip: Full size balconies are not standard. If you want a full balcony with chairs make sure it is requested.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 March 2012

The rooms were ok, not as good as the contemporary but close. The beach and water park were awesome. It share some extras like the gym with the grand Floridian about a half a mile away, but mostly is its own little world. The hotel and extras are a vacation by itself, even without disney around. It cost $$$, though. I like the contemporary better, but this place was great too. I cant stress to you enough how important it is to stay at the grand floridiab, here, or contemporary if you can afford it. These places are on the monorail and by being so saves you more than 90 minutes a day of walking and waiting. Their value pays for itself in extra time and relaxing about getting around. The resturants and pools here are great. The grounds are very well kept. I also bought the 15$ cup that let me get free refills on 3$ drinks during my stay. I figure for 10 days and a coke zero habit that saved me 13 billion dollars.

• Stayed: October 2011