My husband knew I wanted to stay at a resort attached to the monorail. With a small child, this made transportation to and from the park much more manageable. The buses are great, but sometimes you need to be able to hop on the monorail and get back before meltdown.
When we arrived on the Magical Express, I was immediately blown away at the beauty and attention to detail at the Polynesian. It was as if we had taken the 9 hour flight to Hawaii instead of Florida. We were greeted and escorted to our longhouse, Hawaii. We chose the concierge level because of the added perks and we were not disappointed. The food was incredible, nice to have an afternoon drink and watch the boats and speaking of boats, we could watch from the lounge and then walk down to catch the next boat to the Magic Kingdom!!!
The room was HUGE. We stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge last year and our room seemed much more spacious. They made cute little animals with the towels and the room was clean! It was quiet, we backed up to the pool and never once heard anyone.
I highly recommend staying here if you have small children. The amenities are great. Being able to walk to Captain Cooks and get a Dole Whip was an added perk! The pool was beautiful and fun and the beach was relaxing. We often would have quiet time on the hammocks. They had many activities for kids like hula lessons and roasting marshmallows on the beach as well as a nightly movie. And added bonus was being able to watch Wishes from the beach or the club level. We would grab a pineapple drink or a Dole Whip and watch the fireworks without the massive crowd!
I can't wait to stay here again. I do want to try other resorts in Disney, but this one has won my heart!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Celebrate the spirit of the South Pacific at this oasis of tropical palms, lush vegetation, koi ponds and white-sand beaches. Conveniently located on complementary Resort Monorail, enjoy moonlit nights on our torch-lined waterfront to the exotic tastes of our world-class restaurants, discover the signature tropical ambience that's made Disney's Polynesian Village Resort a favorite Disney destination since 1971. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Disney's Polynesian Village Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Polynesian Resort Disney
- Disney Polynesian Hotel
- Polynesian Disney
- Polynesian Hotel Disney
- Orlando Polynesian Resort
- Polynesian Hotel Orlando Fl
- Disneys Polynesian Hotel
- Polynesian Resort Orlando
- Disney Polynesian Resort World
- Disneys Polynesian Resort