Disney's Polynesian Village Resort
US$95
US$85
US$80
  • Pool
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$176
US$271
US$232
US$199
Hyatt.com
  • Pool
Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$209
US$164
Hotwire.com
US$508
US$316
Travelocity
Disney's Pop Century Resort(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$204
TripAdvisor
3,490 results
All reviewskona cafevolcano poolhawaii buildingmagic kingdomgreat ceremonial housedole whiptransportation centertonga toastepcot monorailohana restaurantoasis poolcapt cookscinderella's castledisney worlddvc studioseven seas lagoonclub level
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The Polynesian is a very beautiful hotel and its location is amazing, I really enjoyed the easy access to the Magic Kingdom (boat and monorail) and the fireworks view from the hotel`s beach. There`s also a lot of food options at the hotel (we recommend the Kona Cafe for breakfast).

However, there were a few negative points in our stay.
The thing that most disappointed us was the lack of cleanness of the room. On the check in day the bathroom was not properly cleaned (there were hair from the previous guest and a tiny blood mark on the wall near the bathtub) and the pillowcases had some spots (like dust). We immediately called housekeeping and they cleaned the bathroom and room. Altough the housekeeping was good on the rest of our stay, it is very frutrating to pay that amount of money per night and not receive a clean room on the check in day. It`s a terrible first impression!
I also don`t like the bathtub/shower combo, and totally hate the shower curtain (I think that shower glass doors are much better and it`s what I expect when paying that much per night).
There`s no "Disney magic" in the hotel (except from the fireworks/castle view from the beach). There`s not even the Mickey shaped towels anymore.
The rooms are very tired (for exemple, one of the drawers of our room was crooked as one of the lamps). The elevator of our longhouse (Fiji) was also in a bad shape.
Finally, altough we didn`t experienced any monorail issue, it`s in a bad shape as well (parts falling off, travelling with open door, just to name a few of the issues that the monorail experienced in the last months).

Overall, I loved our stay, but I think it`s not worth the money.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ana F
Disney-Parks-Resorts, Disney Social Reviews at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

First impressions are very important, and you never get another chance to alter those initial thoughts. It’s imperative that our Guests are blown away by the cleanliness of our accommodations, and I can totally understand your frustration with your arrival to your room. From the biggest to the smallest of details, we should be ensuring everything is neat, tidy, and in working order. This goes for everything you mentioned, and I appreciate you bringing this all to our attention. We want you to feel that true Disney magic each and every visit, so I will be sure to share your observations with all the appropriate Leadership.

I’m glad despite your concerns you had a wonderful stay. We look forward to our next chance to share many memories with you and yours in the future.

Brittany

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

I've been to every hotel on Disney property over the years. Yes - everyone. From the value priced All Sports to the Grand Floridan and Contemporary. But Polynesian always seemed to not be a good fit for my family plans. I did stay here in the early 80's and I remember it fondly.

Anyway, this stay was supposed to be a DVC Studio. Somehow we got rebooked to the Concierge block for our 2 night stay.

First the bad about this hotel.

THERE IS NONE. NOTHING BAD. AT ALL.

Second, the good:

Staff is great.
Views are breathtaking.
Hotel has amazing nostalgia and ambiance.
The main pool is great.
The sand beach is awesome.
Food is awesome.
Bar sttaff is great.
Yours kids will love this and think you're a great parent for brining them.

Yes, this place is expensive. But it is worth it.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank Ethan W

Aloha and thank you for surfin' on in to our Hawaiian paradise at Disney World! I'm thrilled that you chose to bring your family to the Polynesian and give it a go, look how well that turned out!

It warms my heart to know that our Cast Members throughout property made your visit so enjoyable. The pool here is second to none. It's not every day you swim next to a volcano… and if you do, can I come too?

I am so delighted that the whole family found something to be entertained with at our Resort. The tropical influenced food that can be found at each of our dining locations is so much fun for trying new flavors. Then again, there is the ever popular go to, Dole Whip for our pineapple lovers. It's no wonder the pineapple is a welcome sign as this treat could not be more welcoming!

I hope that the Seven Seas Lagoon will call out to you for a return visit soon. Thanks again for spending your family time with us.

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

I chose this hotel due to the reviews and services that I read about. Honestly I was not very impressed when we arrived. I spent a fortune on the amenities that we were supposed to have and I was absolutely disappointed. The room that we were guaranteed and that we requested and paid extra money for we did not get. I booked club level which was a waste of money, the check in process was no different then the front desk and besides having a great view in the room the only perk of it was the concierge snack area which did not have that many great choices, as we were told they would have beer and wine also which was a waste because of the terrible selection, it was better off buying snacks and leaving them in the room. We ate breakfast at Kona Cafe one morning and the food took over an hour to get eggs and they only had 6 other tables besides us, and traveling with small children it's tough to keep them entertained. The greatest thing about the hotel was that is was on the monorail track and boat system so it was super easy to get to magic kingdom and back. And the kiddie pool, my kids loved the pool play area that they had for them with all the shooting water and water slides. I don't know if I would stay at this property again or maybe try one of the other hotels on the monorail and just as close to magic kingdom.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
6  Thank beckamiller16

Thank you for selecting the King Kamehameha Club as the host for your recent Disney World vacation. I'm sorry to have read that your stay did not leave you with an overly magical feeling. It is always our desire as Cast Members to leave our Guests feeling like they never want their vacation to end.

There certainly is a lot to be said for staying on the Monorail Loop, as you mentioned, it is always nice to have options when it comes to transportation. Also, many of our Guests have really enjoyed that Security is now at the Resort which will streamline your Theme Park entrance at Magic Kingdom. The boats are fun too as we have stunning sunrises and sunsets to see if you time your trips just right.

I'm sorry for the extra time spent at Kona Café. We know how excited everyone is to hit the ground running and get to Theme Parks in the mornings, and we certainly try to respect your family time together. I have made sure your comments were shared with the appropriate Leadership as we want to ensure we are living up to all of our Guests' expectations.

When planning for your next visit, you may find the Contemporary to be a fun option as it offers all the same great transportation; however, you can also walk to the Magic Kingdom for even more variety. The splash pad by the pool is also one that many children rave about.

I'll be looking forward to reading about your family's future visits! Thank you again for spending your time with us at the Walt Disney World Resort.

Reviewed 15 March 2018

We had a great vacation 2 weeks ago at the Polynesian. We stayed Club Level at the Hawaiian Building. It was fabulous. We had 2 rooms-one for my daughter, son-in-law and the 2 granddaughters and one for my son and me. Everyone was so helpful and delightful. We had the 1st floor and the door opened onto the quiet pool which was wonderful. I had originally asked for a balcony and I am so glad we did not get it. The location was perfect. All the food up at the club room was really good. I really loved the ice tea, so fresh. My daughter and son-in-law especially enjoyed being able to get a beer or wine and go relax by the pool. It was so convenient to grab breakfast before going over to the parks. I told them it was my granddaughter's 8th birthday and one day she came back to balloons and a Stitch stuffed animal. She was thrilled and Stitch came everywhere with us after that. The only thing the girls were disappointed about was that there were no towel animals left on their beds, but no biggy. My daughter and her family loved to go back to the hotel for roasting marshmallows and all the fun activities at the Poly. They also loved the Lava pool and the lifeguards were so nice. I thought staying Club level we were supposed to be greeted as we got off the Disney Express which did not happen, so we had to search around for our building. Our rooms were not ready when we got there but were ready earlier then they promised. It was hard to come back home to a storm that left us with no power or heat, we wanted to make the plane go back to Florida?

Room Tip: A 1st floor room by the quiet pool is wonderful. Use the boat to go to the Magic Kingdom, it usually was a lot less crowded.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Ginnietraveler

I am so honored that your family chose to come be a part of our 'ohana for your family holiday. The King Kamehameha Club is an excellent way to go as well! I'm so glad the snack offerings and location near the pool made such an ideal visit for the whole family.

How delightful that Stitch made a friend during your visit and our Cast Members made such a memorable birthday for your granddaughter. We are proud to be able to offer not only Quiet Pools but also such a unique feature pool, and I’m thrilled the Lava Pool was a hit with the younger crowd. Our Recreation team does an excellent job caring for all of our Guests that wish to enjoy these offerings.

I'm sorry you had to head back north… and even more sorry that the storm hit you so hard. I hope the power came back on quickly for you and that you'll visit with us again soon, and not just be dreaming of our Florida sunshine.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

So our tire on our double jogger stroller blew out. I ran to the front desk an hour before magic kingdom opened to get a bike pump. The Manager, Anthony, ended up coming out and took the whole bike wheel off and replaced it with a spare on from their rental fleet. It was the best service I've ever had. He saved the day!!

We loved our room and the proximity to the actual Magic Kingdom monorail. Our room was very spacious with two bathrooms and extra bedding which was great with kids. The products in the bathroom where sooooooo amazing!!!! Keep those up or even use Mind Over Lather products in your locations or gift shops.

I would prefer that I was dialing someone at the resort instead of off-site.

I hope to be back! This is truly a special resort with a little more character than some of the other ones near by.

Room Tip: Ask to be near the Magic Kingdom Monorail
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Jen C
Disney-Parks-Resorts, Disney Social Reviews at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Walt Disney said, “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But I takes people to make the dream a reality.” To this day, Walt’s legacy continues to live on through Cast Members like Anthony. He swooped in to save the day and ensure a seamless visit to the Magic Kingdom. As I like to say, crisis averted, magic restored. I’ll be sure to let his Leaders know how he took a situation that could have caused a lot of stress and made it easy for your family to instead enjoy making memories. Thanks for taking the time to share such wonderful thoughts about your stay at the Polynesian. Aloha, until we meet again.

Brittany