Hampton Inn Orlando Near Universal Blv / International Dr
Ranked #102 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 30 August 2017

My wife and I stayed at the Hampton Inn for four nights the last week of August. Everything went well with our accommodations, check-in was easy and quick. The hotel didn't seem very busy during our stay, so we chose to be on the highest floor (5th) away from the elevator. The room was quiet, but we could tell that there may not have been anyone in there for a little while as the shower and bed sheets were a little dirty. We had the beds turned down after the first night with no issues. We went to Universal each of our 3 days there. The hotel has a shuttle to Universal that we utilized our first morning there, but the pick-up time at 7:40 was a bit early for us as we didn't have early park admission. Our other 2 days we just took an Uber (about $7 each way). The hotel lobby provided free breakfast in the mornings, which was always fairly good with decent selections. Free breakfast really made this hotel stand out as one of the closest to Universal that provide a free hot breakfast and was ultimately the reason we chose to stay. Free bottles of water are also available by request at the front desk. After 4pm they also put out fresh cookies in the lobby. Tea and coffee were also available all day. There were several restaurants within walking distance to the hotel, and several places near the hotel offered delivery services which ended up being very convenient. The front desk provided menus for places that delivered, but each day someone was also sliding menus under room doors. Our final day at the hotel we checked our bags and headed to Universal one final time. Upon arriving back at the hotel to retrieve the bags and wait for our flight time to get closer we were offered bottled water, a snack and the fresh cookies. I needed to print our boarding passes and the employees allowed me to use the business center, which was very helpful. Overall our stay was good, we had no complaints and would recommend the hotel.

Room Tip: High floor away from the elevators and opposite the pool.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KEVIN T
TeamConcord, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando Near Universal Blv / International Dr, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2017

Dear KEVIN T, wow what a great review. You really pointed out the many great features and amenities from our free breakfast to the shuttle service. Our friendly staff is also pleased with your compliments and they enjoyed making your visit a memorable one. We hope you enjoyed the parks and we would love to welcome you back for more Hamptonality and another great experience. We hope to see you soon!

Best,

Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

This hotel located on the corner of universal blvd and international drive is a class above the rest. The Hampton Inn Manager and her team have outdone themselves. The staff is friendly, engaging and thoughtful. The room is very clean and the linen smelling fresh.
My family and I absolutely had a fantastic stay at this hotel. I recommend this hotel to anyone who loves great service with a clean room and fresh linen.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2017

Stayed here during renovations. Wa never notified by the hotel ahead of time. Pool was closed, no running water for a long amount of time and the bathroom doors to not close nor latch shut. Parking was extremely difficult due to all of the renovation equipment that was parked and kept at the facility over night.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
TeamConcord, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando Near Universal Blv / International Dr, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

Dear 785lukeo,
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your comments.  We do apologize for the construction. Upon check-in, you should have received a letter concerning the renovations going on with the exterior of the building. On your next visit back I know you will absolutely love and be HAPPY with the completed work, and you will most definitely find room for parking at that point! Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions. I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you and have you experience our Hamptonality the way you should every visit. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

Had a wonderful experience at this hotel. The hotel was amazingly clean! Breakfast was great and always had many options. I would definitely stay at this hotel again. The staff was awesome and so so friendly. The hotel was under construction when I stayed and aside from outside appearance you would have never known.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 August 2017

This hotel was like any other around Universal Studios, Orlando with the exception that it is undergoing renovation. I have a handicapped daughter who has to use a wheelchair and I also drive a handicap equipped van with side ramp. When I arrived and left, there were only two handicap parking spaces and only one with van accessibility. Naturally, these were in use the entire time of my visit causing me to have to load and unload in the parking lot. All of the parking spaces surrounding the hotel were cordoned off due to the painting of the exterior of the building so guests had to park in the areas not in close proximity to the building. As an added benefit, when I came to get my van, it was covered in sheet plastic to keep it from getting paint on it. Had Hampton Inn put the renovation plans and dates on their website, I probably would not have stayed there.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
TeamConcord, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando Near Universal Blv / International Dr, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

Dear Gordon W.,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with me. I am pleased you were able to stay with us, but I am dissappointed that you had to experience such difficulties with parking. We know traveling can be challenging, and I would like to extend my sincere apologies for your frustrations. I hope you will consider staying with us again once the renovations are complete. I would love to hear your opinion on the final project, and I would love to meet both you and your daughter. I hope the rest of your experience at our hotel was wonderful and that you got to experience our Hamptonality first hand. Please travel safely!