“Good if you need to be near the Airport.”

Holiday Inn Orlando International Airport
Ranked #209 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Miami, Florida
“Good if you need to be near the Airport.”
Reviewed 12 December 2011

This is just one more of the many Hotels near MCO Airport. I have to say the pictures on their website look way better than reality. The Hotel is not bad. If you are on a business trip and need to stay near the Airport, this is a good inexpensive choice. Right next to Deny's.
The staff is very friendly, especially Alejandro at the front desk. They have also a good little bar by the lobby and the bartender ( I wish I got her name) was very nice.
This time I got the 7th floor and I really did nt see any difference, other than the coffe room.
They also have the shuttle to the Airport and the driver is also very friendly.
Free internet and they have breakfast for a small fee.
If you are on business and just need a bed to sleep... this is a good choice.

Room Tip: Just ask for it. :-)
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Fllblueguy
Jay1160, Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando International Airport, responded to this review, 18 May 2012
Thank you for taking time to write a response to the TripAdvisor. guest feedback always encourages us to provide incomparable value and service to the entire guest visiting us. Hotel has done major upgrades after your stay; new TV, Hard Good refinished to name a few.Your feedback also alerted several department in terms of inspection, preventative maintenance work, etc.
We are also glad to hear that you recognized the friendly staff and many complimentary amenities such as free WIFI, Shuttle, also Kids eat free at the restaurant.
We want to let you know that miles away from you, corner of the airport area, hundreds of dedicated employees are waiting for your next trip to Orlando. For your next visit, I am certain that we will exceed your expectation.

Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Spring Hill, Fl
Reviewed 9 December 2011

Another early flight from Orlando International Airport meant finding a good value nearby. The Holiday Inn turned out to be not only a good value but a good stay. Room number 616 was clean, bright and comfortable. The bed was so firm and comfy that I hated to leave it. the bathroom was large enough that my girlfriend and I could both get ready at the same time. That proved to be a plus.

Room Tip: I couldn't hear any traffic noise from the 6th floor.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank a410traveler
We are also glad to hear that you recognized the cleanliness of the room. Our dedicated housekeeping staff doing their best to ensure of the quality of the rooms on daily basis.

Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 5 December 2011

I stayed in the Holiday inn Orlando airport for 5 days on business. There are so many better hotels to stay in than this one.
Cons-
Let me first say the hotel needs new carpeting. It's dirty, with stains (big white stain by room 328) including in the rooms. The walls are thin so you can hear people talking oustide in the lobby and in the adjacent room, aswell as the TV. The decour in my room was at best 90's decour. Which shocked me because in the past I stayed in a holiday inn express (pittsburgh) and it felt like new ,up to date, and clean! This room was for the most part clean,but the bathroom when I first walked in had hair on the floor ,which was not mine because I am not a woman. The sink basin in room 238 is cracked.
Also I had no refrigerator. My buddy in room 223 had one, and my other buddy in room 328 had a refrigerator and a microwave. Go figure. Tv was ok. I would think a big branded hotel like the Holiday Inn would have flat screen Tv's by now ,not a big bulky CRT old style TV. As for the breakfast. I give it a 7 out of 10. Nice selection. Service was good from waitresses, however I did not like the charge of $2.75 for orange juice from a free buffet. That was a first. It wouldn't kill you to give it for free considering your giving a free breakfast buffet and I'm sure its tied into the cost of the room.
As for the Pros:
Staff and cleaning people were nice. The hotel had a convienance store which sold stamps ,which was a plus because I had to mail out something. Breakfast like I said was a 7 out of 10. Nice selection. The beds were super comfortable. That I really liked. As for location alot of restaurants and other hotels in the area not a far walk. 25 min drive to Disney. Free shuttle bus to airport (about a 5-7 min drive )
Overall I was pretty surprised at my stay at the holiday inn Orlando airport. I was expecting it to be better considering I stayed at other holiday Inns in the past and this was not the greatest one I have stayed at. I probaly would choose the spring hill suites up the road next time I stay in Orlando. That place was fantastic! Holiday Inn should take there approach to up keep. Because this hotel sure needs it!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Unlike brand new hotels in the system, our hotel has been in business more than 25 years. It comes with antique / somewhat out-dated styled furniture yet our service level is not second to any others as you recognized. Your positive feedback on the friendliness of the staff has been shared among associates and they were very pleased and excited to hear.

Lee, Jae-Yong

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 23 November 2011

We stayed here before we traveled to Jamaica. The hotel offers shuttle to and from the airport free of charge. It is walking distance to great restaurants. The grounds are nice and the staff are very friendly.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank alling2003

United States
Reviewed 19 November 2011

I am a Priority Club Platinum. Upon check in, I was assigned an "upgraded" room on the 4th floor. When I got to the room, it did not seem upgraded to me AND it had not yet been cleaned! Stuff in the garbage can, bed was not made, used soap in the shower...

Then I got switched to a room on the 6th floor. It was cleaned but sort of strange. Instead of the thin plastic bags, they actually used the laundry bags in the garbage cans. The shampoo bottle was in its correct place but only 2/3 full.

I don't think this is a SELECT Holiday Inn as the name listed here - it is just a regular Holiday Inn.

As a Platinum, I received free continental breakfast. It was OK but the service was a little disorganized. After telling the waitress I did not want coffee, I got coffee.

Used the shuttle bus for the airport and it worked fine. Bed was a little soft but very comfortable.

Location is very convenient for the airport - probably the closest hotel north of the airport.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with Holiday Inn Orlando Airport. Your willingness to share your thoughts with us is genuinely appreciated. I would have loved the opportunity to correct your concerns while you were at the hotel but nevertheless I would like this opportunity to response on TripAdvisor.
I have addressed the issue to the appropriate department for future guests.
Again, please accept our sincere response and hope to continue to use our branded hotels for your next trip to Orlando.

Lee, Jae-Yong