Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista Disney Springs Resort Area
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$173
US$157
Hilton.com
US$114
HolidayInn.com
Rosen Centre Hotel(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$309
US$247
Hotels.com
US$241
US$202
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$177
US$229
US$204
US$173
  • Pool
Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$209
US$164
US$581
US$437
Travelocity
All reviewscharacter breakfastmotel stylelake buena vistaan older hotelbell hoproom rategreat ratehotel lobbypool and hot tubthe room was nicethe busshuttle servicepool sidegift shopdisneyparkspanto
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Got this room for after a spring training game at night. I was very surprised with this hotel. It's next door to Disney Springs-you can walk over a overpass to get there. rooms are roomy and very comfortable. Employees are very well mannered and go out of your way to help you. Easy check-in and check-out. Has a Disney store in lobby along with ticket sales desk. Has a restaurant inside hotel but did not eat there. There was a room service menu from the restaurant in room which had a bagel with cream cheese for 7.50. that was too much for me to get. ate at Disney springs. secure parking. The only complaint I have is the curtains. Can't close the drapes but claim you cant see in.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Helen B, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista Disney Springs Resort Area, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

civilwarloco,
Thank you for sharing your comments with us. We are glad to hear you enjoyed staying at the Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista Disney Springs Resort Area. Please let me know the next time you are planning to come back to visit. It would certainly be my pleasure to set up your room reservations.
On another note, I am sorry to hear about the drapery in the guestroom. When time permits, please reach out to the hotel to share the room number you were in, so we can review the details o f the room to make sure all is in working order.
We hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Half the rooms here are renovated (regular Wyndham), the other half are older, economical rooms (Wyndham Garden), but both share pool. So if you're on a budget and not in the room much, it's good. Walls were paper thin so you could hear everything, phone wasn't working, a little dingy, but fine. Biggest pet-peeve, their time share sneakiness: After checking in, the front desk directed me to another desk to "buy theme park tickets." The man at the desk calculated park ticket options, and insisted it would be "fine" to sneak in my 3.5 year old as a 2 year old. It was not until 20 minutes later that he mentioned a stupid time share presentation for this "great" ticket deal. It was sleezy, sneaky, high pressure, and prompted an argument between my husband and I about the time I wasted, and left a bad taste in my mouth on our first day there. Great way to kick off vacation. For this reason alone I will NOT stay at this resort ever again. If you do choose to stay here, do NOT buy any tickets at the hotel. Had I took his advice and snuck in my 3.5 year old, I would have learned upon arrival that the gate agents pull these children aside and ask their ages, and then we would have been in a bind. SLEEZY.

Pros:
-Nice pool area, little spray are for kids
-5-minute walk to Disney Springs

Cons:
-Buses: Complimentary shuttles run every 30 minutes to the parks. But what I didn't realize is even though this is a "Disney" hotel, these buses are not the same. They stop at other hotels, circle through the theme parks, and drop you off at the Magic Kingdom transportation center instead of the actual gate. We ended up wasting over an hour on these buses going back and forth. I'd rather have spent more money to stay within the parks.
-Pool: The pool is nice, but there are no chairs in the shade. There are cabanas they'll happily rent you for the low price of $200! This felt like we were really being nickeled and dimed.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor so you can't hear all the noise above you.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank michellep908
Helen B, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista Disney Springs Resort Area, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

michellep908,
On behalf of our entire staff I would like to offer our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. Thank you for taking the time to communicate the observations you had made of your experience at our resort. Please know that the appropriate department managers have been informed for future corrective action. We truly care about our guest’s perception of us and appreciate the opportunity to improve. We have a commitment to guest satisfaction and we regret having let you down.
If you should decide to provide us with another opportunity to serve you, please let us know.

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This hotel has an associated “timeshare club” area located near the front desk. The people at that desk assure you that they are NOT linked to the Garden Lake Buena Vista. But I suspected otherwise - especially when I noticed their advertisement on our room keys. Anyway, like many guests, we eventually completed the Club Wyndham Tour and wasted 2 hours of vacation time. Next time I would forget that experience and stay in the hotel lobby on a rainy day. At least in the lobby you will meet and be greeted by Jill’s team of STAN & TONY at the Bell Hop Booth; Fast EDDIE at the Valet Service; MARIA at the 24 hour CAFE; and, last but certainly not least, DARWAN & his well trained team at the Front Desk. This hotel resort offers clean & tidy rooms within easy walking distances of a taste of Disney at Disney Springs. It was built in 1972, but the rooms we occupied were both renovated and updated. Of course, the rooms of any hotel are only as good as the STAFF who assist you during your stay. Every problem we had while on this stay was only minor, but all of our problems were solved by caring individuals who were dispatched to our room within minutes of our calls for service. Except for the distaste of our Club Wyndham Experience, we would return next spring with our entire family of eleven (11) kids and adults. Because of the Club Wyndham Experience, we are considering another property across the Hotel Plaza Blvd. It’s too bad if we change hotels, but if we return to this resort, it will be MAINLY because of the STAFF and in spite of the Club Wyndham desk in the lobby. ( “Our Club Wyndham representative was “Christian” and he, as well as his co-worker “ Gabby”, attempted to make things right with the situation we encountered. Unfortunately their efforts were fruitless. Kudos to them both for their attempts...)

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Thank Darrell J. K

Darrell J. K,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your business and for recognizing Jill, Stan, Tony, Eddie, Maria & Dewan for their excellent customer service. We are sorry for any inconvenience you may have experienced while you were here. I will be sure to share your feedback with the management team.
If you need further assistance, please let us know.
We hope to hear from you again soon.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

The staff was wonderful at the hotel, the lobby area was very entertaining and filled with televisions for the guest. The rooms are very small for the price not to include there are no microwaves in the rooms. The microwave provided in the lobby was horrible and needs to be changed out. The 24hr market is very expensive, a 2L soda is $5.99 and a small container of chef Boyardee is $4.50.

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts