“Outstanding food, chef.”

Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

We've driven past this place for a couple of years after moving here in 2015. It's a stand-alone restaurant, and that always peaks my interest, not to say there aren't many great restaurants in strip mall, because there are, but when somebody takes on that attitude of standing out by themselves and it catches your eye. Route 1 along the space coast of Florida has many of these places, so many that there are books about the food, the drive and exploring these places in Florida.
Naoki has the usual fish that you'll find in most places but what is not usual is what the chef does with it. I'm 58 and my Japanese mother was a great chef, I've had some great food. This chef has a love for food and you'll see it in the presentation and taste it in the food.
Everything was phenomenal, soup, hand rolls, sashimi, Chirashi.

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

It was our first time visiting this place. We are thoroughly impressed with the quality of the sushi and the ambience. The sushi was super fresh!!! The bluefin dinner special was amazing!!! The Roman noodles soup was flavorful and the price is reasonable. Highly recommend this place!!! We will definitely be back and tell all of our friends about this place

Reviewed 17 August 2017

Second time to this lovely Japanese restaurant. First time, had the pork katsudon. It was as authentic as any I've had since I left Japan. Today, had the Japanese curry, chicken with rice. Began meal with salad with a delicious ginger dressing. Main event was the curry and wow, it was great.

Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

This place has gone down hill. Used to be under different owners and name of hioki.

Went there for lunch during a fairly busy lunch rush. They only had one server working and it was way to much for her to handle. Ordered our food and my friends salad comes out before my soup. I waited till they were half way done with salad before receiving my soup. Then lunch comes out and I got my food as well as another member of our party. We waited for her food for a good 10 minutes and then they only brought out half the lunch. It was another 10 min before the meal was complete and me and my other friend had already finished our food.

Too top it off the server didn't even apologize or anything to us. She never came out to ask about how our food was.

I got the chicken curry and it was terrible. I could cook better food at my house. It was literally undercooked mushrooms and onions with over cooked chicken in a sauce that was literally chicken broth mixed with soy sauce and a thickening agent.

My friend that got her food on time ordered the sesame chicken meal which looked great! But the rice was mushy

The food we waited on for like 20 min was the ramen lunch which came with Raman and sushi.

I wouldn't recommend. And I'll prob never return there. If you want good Japanese food then Melbourne isn't the place. Go to Orlando.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 6 April 2017 via mobile

Hioki is under new management but remains an outstanding location for business lunch and dinner. My girlfriend & I went for dinner & thoroughly enjoyed the meal. The wait staff was attentive & friendly , the service was fast, and the food excellent. I work in Palm Bay & also go here for lunch on a regular basis. The new owner is friendly & has improved the menu

Date of visit: April 2017