“A bit starchy and bland”

Mi Balconcito Latin Grill
Ranked #81 of 153 Restaurants in Palm Bay
Reviewed 20 July 2017

My first experience with mafongos, so maybe it is an acquired taste. I ordered the Mofongo con Pernil (Mafongo with Pulled Pork). Others in my party ordered Mofongo con Carne Fritas, Mofongo de Mariscada, Pechuga a la Milanesa, Bistec Empanado, and an appetizer sampler platter. Everyone seemed relatively happy, except me. With no vegetable relief, the mafongo was starchy and relatively bland. The pulled pork was good, but didn't do much to offset the mafongo. Probably would order something different if I were to go back.

I did taste the Mofongo de Camarones al Ajillo and think that the creole sauce was a good addition for flavor.

There was something for everyone on this menu and picky children were able to find something they liked.

Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

Came here last Saturday after several prior visits for a nightcap with some couples. Ordered their sampler plate, beef empanadas, tostones and chicken cracklings with their signature sauces. Excellent, freshly prepared, tasty. Have also tried their seafood soup which is amazingly delicious and enhanced with fresh herbs. Others also enjoy their fried whole fish served with traditional rice and beans and plantains. Wait service is phenomenal as they are in sync with guests especially regulars. Mixed drinks are also concocted to the taste of the guests and their Long Island is a hot favorite that some return for. Tonight there was a live 5 member band as there is normally on a Saturday. They were very good! Played a nice mix of the classics, contemporary and to the enjoyment of the guests some salsa and merengue. My husband and I visit with friends like every two weeks or so. Enjoy the location as it is close to the river and on some nights like this one, the cool breeze and the flambeau lights add to the beautiful ambiance of this pretty popular spot.

Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

Had a nice conversation with the owner. Staff was cordial. Good sangria. Cuban sandwich black beans and rice.

Reviewed 24 May 2017 via mobile

First visit to this restaurant for my son's wedding rehearsal dinner. The food & drinks were fabulous. .... mojo pork, maduros, rice & beans were really delicious. .... as was the house-made sangria & pina coladas. The staff was very friendly, but food service was a little lacking as some of the 20, or so, guests, were served a full half hour after others. ... leaving them without food as others at the table were eating. ... not good! I am still giving a 4 star rating, and will visit again, as the food alone merits another meal here!

Reviewed 16 March 2017

Stopped for lunch after a doctor's visit, treats are needed after one of those. This was definitely a treat! Our waitress was wonderful, very polite and helpful.
We started with a appetizer, Mini Empanadas de Camarones loaded with shrimp and wonderful flavors. I could have had one appetizer for myself and been totally happy! Next we each ordered sandwiches, mine was pulled pork and hubby had a Cuban both wonderful! I'll have my second half for lunch as this also was huge.
We're all ready planning our next time, we'll go to dinner. They also have live music on the weekends.