“Dover Sole is good for the soul!”

Chez L' Epicier Palm Beach
Ranked #19 of 88 Restaurants in Palm Beach
Reviewed 2 May 2017

I have eaten here several times, always delicious and always welcoming! The Dover Sole was not on the menu, but a regular special (if the fish is available)-- it did not disappoint. The presentation was a showstopper! The sole was served with mashed potatoes and a light lemon sauce...however, the whole fish bone (dusted with paprika) was presented on the plate. It was spectacular and so light and delicious. Our entire table shared many plates...avocado tartare, baked oysters with cheddar and maple flakes, poutine, side of honey and bacon roasted Brussels Sprouts, tuna tartare and the spring pea risotto. It was a lovely dinner and the shared plates worked so well as we could all nosh on everything! Service was lovely, drinks flowing and we wrapped up with a chocolate tart dessert and four spoons. I love this place! Can't wait for the summer specials...all-you-can-eat mussels and fries. The BEST!

Reviewed 1 May 2017

Absolutely excellent in every way! The presentation, attention to details, flavor, creativity of the dishes was just perfect. I cam here with a friend first, and both of us has a total Wow experience. All the dishes are done with love and bring the culinary arts to the heights of standards. I'm a huge fan, and am definitely coming back. Foie gras and maple ham crémeux, was our favorite;)
The atmosphere is lovely as well. Great wine and pleasant decor. I love the details on the windows, it makes me think of bubbling champagne. Light and refreshing.

Reviewed 1 May 2017

This was my first time dining here. The staff was so attentive as soon as we entered the door all the way through our final steps out. My favorite dish on the menu is the avocado tartare. It's unlike anything that I've had before. I'd also highly recommend the sweet pea risotto. All the flavors blended together so perfectly. Of course, I chose to indulge in the Rose cocktail which was so refreshing. I can't wait to return!

2  Thank kathleendevlin
Reviewed 26 April 2017

It is almost impossible to believe that the Chez Lepicier we ate at is the same one the posted reviews talk about. In short the food was putrid. We eat out 4 -6 times a week and know food. I'm not trying to mean or anything like that, but our party of four had the worst meal I've ever had. The lobster bisque was burned and had no lobster pieces in it. The mussels, tasteless and the smoked sandwich , the high point of the entrees was semi mediocre. But the worse was the Cesar salad. One would never think they could go wrong with a Cesar salad but this one was served warmed and totally uneatable. The atmosphere was OK and the wait staff average. I urge you to look further. This is a new Palm Beach eating place but I doubt it will be here next year. If we are lucky.

3  Thank Peter M
Reviewed 13 April 2017 via mobile

I brought my husband here for his birthday and we loved the service, the staff, and the food! We highly recommend Chez L'Epicier !

1  Thank Mabel S