“good spot”
Review of the River House

the River House
Reviewed 8 April 2021

Nice location on the waterway...

Both the tiki bar and the restaurant were packed.

The food was good, but it should be. It's not a cheap meal.

We had a fun night overall but I found the temperature to be very uncomfortable. It was a chilly night (for Florida) anyway yet they kept blasting the AC from ceiling vents such that we were freezing. We asked a number of staff members to PLEASE turn it down to no or little avail.

I would have had a much better time amidst considerable money and time spent there had I not been so distracted by the room temperature.

Date of visit: April 2021
Write a reviewReviews (65)

Reviewed 5 April 2021

Starting with a wonderful server, Jessica , who is so informative as well as charming, our lunch on the water was fabulous’. At her recommendation, the red snapper and crab cake was PERFECTION!!! The grand finale was the incredible key lime pie. We will return and be sure and request Jessica!!!!!

Date of visit: April 2021
Reviewed 4 April 2021

We live very near this restaurant and have happily been going since it’s Bricktop days. It has recently started taking a nose dive on food quality and portions. It’s not offensive but is very boring and average tasting. The firecracker sushi selection has shrunk to microscopic proportions as one example of newer cutbacks. It makes me sad to see as it was one of our more dependable waterfront restaurants that originally produced a fine upper scale product that kept us locals coming all year around. The bartenders are their usual wonderful selves though. However, the servers seem bored but do pair well with the food. We went twice last month as we thought the mediocrity was a fluke the first time. It wasn’t.

Date of visit: March 2021
Reviewed 15 March 2021 via mobile

My husband and I were very excited to eat here for our very first time. We ate in the tiki as there was a 90 minute wait for an outside table at 4:30 pm. The atmosphere is beautiful. We ordered the Seafood tower. It includes two lobster tails, six jumbo shrimp and six blue point oysters. It was delicious.......but........the lobster tails actually was 1 lobster tail cut in half vertically. Soooooo disappointed!! The meal was $80 so I would expect 2 whole lobster tails! Then when the bar tender was removing our dishes the ramekin of cocktail sauce fell on my new WHITE jeans. It was an accident, I understand. But he didn’t apologize or anything. I asked him for some club soda to try to save my jeans. He saw me trying to clean it for several minutes. I thought he would at least discount our tab, but no. Nothing. So not only did we pay for an $80 appetizer that was slighted by a whole lobster tail, it cost me a pair of jeans on top of that. I just would have expected some sort of acknowledgment. So, yeah, a little disappointed.

Date of visit: March 2021
Reviewed 1 March 2021

went there for Sunday lunch/brunch - beautiful place - bustling place, sat at a 2 top high top - watched the boats go by - I ordered an ice coffee and the salmon with roasted cauliflower - really excellent would order again - my partner ordered an old fashion wow strong but I guess the rum they use is one of the best, she ordered the filet mignon steak and eggs with a potato rosti - she ate it all, and we shared the bread pudding - best we have ever ever had. Cost was 82 plus tip so $100 but atmosphere great service wonderful food it was totally worth it. We will definitely go back for their regular menu instead of brunch.

Date of visit: February 2021