“Amazing Sushi, Delightful Staff, Very true to Japanese tradition”

Yu-Mi Sushi Japanese
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 2 December 2015

First things first, I want to inform all diners that this is an authentic Japanese restaurant. It is tiny, meticulously clean, stylish in a traditionally minimalist way, it is run like clock work and uses the freshest and highest quality ingredients possible. As such, be informed that, JUST AS THOUGH YOU ARE DININNG IN TOKYO, complete parties only can be seated...the size of the restaurant dictates that any empty chairs cut severely into the day's or night's revenue. Those of us who know and love this restaurant and its staff cherish it and want it to continue to be successful and to maintain very reasonable pricing...so we do not contest this rule.
The food is the best and most variety I have had at a Sushi restaurant and every single roll offered (and there are a huge number of them) is prepared with the same care and thought to make it delightful in both appearance and taste. Chirashi bowls are a special love of my Japanese colleague and she tells us that the varieties of this are wonderfully prepared and very delicious. If you crave sashimi, then you will likely faint at the white tuna and other fresh selections...they are such high quality and so fresh. My personal favorites are Maki rolls and the variety available surpass any other restaurant on any continent I have seen in a sushi restaurant (including Japan, all of Asia, all of Europe, all of Middle East, Russia - and many countries have great sushi). Tokyo Love Story (a salmon and tuna roll covered in baked scallop in a creamy, spicy sauce) is something that you will hear many people talking about...it is superb. All the rolls are wonderful but other favorites of mine are Bahama Mama (with conch) and Crunch roll. There is something at this restaurant for every person in the family, whether they eat raw or not. The Katsu is very lightly breaded and not oily, the Tempura is delicious. The quality of the food is completely consistent over the 13 years I have gone there....and every one of my international friends with whom I have shared this little gem has left raving about it.

3  Thank Michelle D

Reviewed 30 October 2015 via mobile

Great sushi, but IMPOSSIBLE to order. We have been refused take out service on numerous occasions. We have also been quoted 1-2 hour pick up times to show up to the restaurant and it wasn't even busy. They are missing out on customers by refusing them service.

Reviewed 14 September 2015

Good food, but service is bad (including the owner). They would not seat our party of more than 10 people. We went there when it was not crowded. They told us to wait for another table to finish so they can put a few tables together for our large party. After the customers at that table left, they still wouldn't put the tables together to seat us. I asked what was the problem, and they said the owner is still thinking about it. What? Still thinking if he wants us to eat at his restaurant? Then they said the kitchen is backed up with lots of food, so they will seat us after they finish those orders. What? First, it was not crowded. Second, wouldn't a restaurant want to seat all the patrons when there is a table available and not when the kitchen is not so busy? So we left and will never eat at that place again.

Reviewed 12 September 2015

I was told this was the place to go for sushi or sashimi in Palm
Beach Gardens or anywhere near here. I was warned that if I went at the time I did there would be a wait to get in. As it turned out the wait was about 30 minutes. The area outside the restaurant had 17 people waiting to get in with no negative attitude about the wait. When we were brought in the place was full. I always look at peoples faces and saw only deep satisfaction here. I just knew it was going to be good!
I am proud to say that my instincts were well founded. The sushi was incredible! Absolutely pristine fresh and sweet. I had the Village roll with avocado, and couldn't stop with just one. My granddaughter kept sneaking pieces of my roll as well as devouring her TJ roll which she matter of factly pronounced as "awesome". Then she got her first taste of fried ice cream. She ate the whole thing and kept perched like a vulture over both mine and my wife's sushi trying to distract us enough to snag another goodie. Not bad for 11 years old. We will definitely visit again. In all my travels I have only found one other place on this level and it was on the west coast.
Looking at the place from the road you'd never get any idea what comes out of this place! Large groups should call ahead for sure! Give it a try, we absolutely loved it! It is a bit cramped inside so if your kids are restless, this might not be the place, but my 11 year old felt right at home.

Reviewed 23 April 2015 via mobile

I have been eating sushi from here for a long time. I have never been disappointed. The pieces are a mouth full. Its a very small place inside but wonderful atmosphere. Everyone there is extremely friendly.