“One of my Favorite Spots for Sushi”

Yu-Mi Sushi Japanese
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 26 May 2017

Great Sushi, Food, Drinks and decently priced. Service could use some work, but for the food I will deal with the odd service.

Reviewed 16 July 2016

Great selection of sushi rolls and chirashi bowls. The service staff treats you like you're doing them a big favor of being there. Even though there are open tables, they will make you wait. It seems like you must order in the way they demand....drinks...then wait....then appetizers....then wait....then entrees. If you try to order out of sequence you will be admonished. The chefs, although efficient, are sour and will never acknowledge your presence. Even though the food is good, we're done with the service.

2  Thank traveltroutfisherman
Reviewed 20 April 2016

We were 4 friends meeting at 6 pm on a Tuesday, for a "catchup". I arrived about 15 min early. To my surprise, the restaurant was not full and there was not a wait list. I knew from previous visits that I would not be seated until our entire party was present, but since there were a few tables, I thought they might be a bit more flexible. I wanted to order a beer while I waited, but I was told, they cannot serve me until I have been seated. Oh well, everyone was there by 6 so we were seated and the festivities began. We had three experienced sushi eaters and one novice. We started with quick chopstick lessons and drinks, large Sapporo, Saki (in a square blue bottle), house Merlot and Ice Tea. We first ordered a Dragon Roll (delicious), Lee Tata (heavenly), a Naruto Maki roll (can't give it words, I could live off of this stuff, breakfast, lunch and dinner) and a Dynamite Roll (Rich - California Roll on Worth Ave.) Everything was fresh and delicious and plenty for each of us to share. Our second round consisted of another Dynamite Roll, a Dancing Eel Roll (gives you a great warm, smoky and fuzzy), a Fantasy Roll ( tuna, tuna, tuna) and a Bahama Mama Roll (conch, so tender it melts in your mouth).
You should go to this restaurant with patience (sometime very crowded and everything is made to order), tolerance (the wait staff is quite rigid and not trying to win any popularity contest) and an expectation of experiencing absolutely delicious sushi at a reasonable price. Our entire tab came to $118. We had a most enjoyable evening and I can't wait until my next visit to Yu-mi Sushi Cafe!

Reviewed 7 April 2016 via mobile

Don't let this aging strip of stores and empty shopping plaza discourage you from trying the freshest, tastiest sushi in the area.
Lunchtime crowd filled this small restaurant so rather than wait for a table ,we bellied up to the sushi bar and enjoyed a delicious lunch. Salad, soup and California Roll and Sushi.
Many regulars as staff called many by name and brought beverages to the table before ordering!
Very friendly service and reasonable prices....we will be back!

Reviewed 31 March 2016

Tried this place for the first time ( Do not confuse this YU MI,with the one on 2800 N.Military Trail,which is excellent)
Ordered the large "Special" $49.00 came with sake,I asked the owner (not Japanese) to substitute the sake with "anything of his choice" got a blunt NO.
Gave the sake to another table
I eat a lot of sushi,in the West Coast (Seattle/Vancouver) the one served here at NO Wasabi,plus the rice was only so so.
I should have left when the owner would not substitute the sake,but stayed for the first and last time.
YU MI...You will not see ME again...