“It's OK”

Cuisines: Asian, Malaysian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018

I was so excited to come here but was a bit disappointed by the food. Being a Malaysian I'm always on the lookout for authentic Malaysian food in the US. 1st off we ordered the chicken satay. The peanut sauce that was not! Brimming w/ oil, served in a tiny container & was cold, probably forgot to heat it up, I asked to be heated up but the taste was still disappointing! My husband ordered the chicken curry, sorry just bland. He wasn't impressed. At least my Nasi Lemak was good. The sambal came in a tiny container & cold again. Once I asked to heated, the taste was familiar & great. But I had to ask for another helping of sambal as it definitely was not enough to go w the fried egg & the fried chicken. Service was good, friendly staff. We came on a Saturday early evening , our order took a while. We'll be back again to try other Malaysian dishes.

Reviewed 13 March 2018

The food is freshly prepared to order. Curry laska addictive . the soups are out of this word. the sushi is fresh cold and tasty . Excellent noodle dishes and tempuras. Crab rangoon 5 stars.

Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

This is a quiet place, great for business luncheons or a dinner date. The food was remarkably fresh tasting with crunchy vegetables and a light flavorful sauce. The salad that accompanied it was iceberg lettuce, quite a disappointment. Luckily the entreé was much better than the salad.

Reviewed 12 December 2017

Bunga Raya means "Hibiscus" and their dishes are as beautiful as this amazing flower. They are also absolutely delicious! Even compared to the best restaurants of Manhattan or SF, they have the best Asian (Malaysian, Chinese, Japanese - I could say Asian fusion) food we have ever tried!
Plus their team will give you a warm loving feeling. Great people.
Our favorite restaurant of the Tampa Bay area.

Reviewed 23 November 2017 via mobile

Great staff! Made a new friend! Koay Teow, Curry Laska and Nasi Lemak was very good. Could have been more attentive on water refills.