“Just about the only place open downtown on Easter”
Review of The Place

The Place
Ranked #45 of 285 Restaurants in Panama City
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Driving through Historic District on Easter. This was about the only place open. Stopped in for beer. Sat at some outside seating. Had Yuengling beer with zuccini fries. Served promptly and was very good. Prices were also very good. Total for 2 beers and a side of the zuccini fries was $10.50. Service was OK. Would go again.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

We left our house of boredom.... decided to walk downtown. Had never heard of the place (haha _-- good name) but had just met some friends who had just finished their weekly meal at these place! We decided to check it out. We were not disappointed. We ate outside. Our waitress Jenny was friendly and kind and honest about the food source. Meanwhile inside there was a band playing little too loud for us so we sat outside. Still got great excellent service even though we were by ourselves. We got the seafood special which included fried fish shrimp soft shell crab some hush puppies and fries and some coleslaw. It was a great value and delicious food. We also got the zucchini fries and fried mushrooms which was quite tasty. Our bill came to $25. Without a military discount which even though I didn't receive I was still glad with the price. Quite the bang for the buck. So ask for Jenny tell her Jack sent you and she will take first class care of you.

Reviewed 27 January 2018

Very nice place for a sandwich, pizza or dinner. We went before a show at the Martin Theater. Suggest you park in the lot behind the restaurant and enter from the back door. Street parking is limited and has 2 hour limit.

I ordered the hamburger that you build yourself. Pick your bread, cheese and toppings. I would get it again. Cold beer and friendly service. Give it a try

Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

My husband & I were looking for a place to grab a quick lunch, and The Place was recommended to us.

My husband had the grilled cheese, on garlic bread, with two types of cheeses and ham. It was excellent!!

I had the BLT, with at least a half of pound of bacon on it and great French fries.

Great service!! We will definitely be back, to try some of the items, others have suggested.

Reviewed 28 August 2017

We were able to make it over to The Place while a kilted band was playing this past weekend. The place was packed. While this usually means that service or quality (or both) would be affected, it was certainly not the case. We had drinks and food that were nothing short of amazing. Cassidy was a great waitress and performed admirably under pressure. We had the zucchini fries for an app and the Rueben for our entrée (plus more Guinness than I could count). All of the food was visually pleasing, the beer was cold, and the service was great. We will stop by here any time we are in PC.